Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 387 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is new tech but the building has been up with track in the building for over a year.
I would have thought they would have this running way before now.
The problem(s) must have been quite major.

The cars having been running on the track yes, but synced with videos and projections and movements not so much.

Will be interesting to read the reviews as the come in over the next 24 hours. I'm sure (hopeful!) that most will be more enthusiastic than this "first" review.

Agreed. As was posted before, some people are finding it far from underwhelming. This is the kind of review I was hoping for! :happy:

From @RyanMonette
"Riding the Hogwarts Express is absolutely phenomenally fantastically incredible. It's real life."

Aaand now that Universal is finally getting their s**t together... LeakyCon can announce its event soon! They just tweeted this picture:

Xe6yr0x.png

I believe they opened the event up to everyone at some point last time around. I might be misremembering. Will anybody else be going?

So does this mean the park is going to be even more crowded then usual?!

Would they have softs and hotel guest previews up until July 8th? I have a reservation at Hard Rock from July 6th to July 8th and want to be sure that I can get in. It would make sense that they would at least have guest previews up until the grand opening because people bought packages starting June 29th.

Would they have softs and hotel guest previews up until July 8th? I have a reservation at Hard Rock from July 6th to July 8th and want to be sure that I can get in. It would make sense that they would at least have guest previews up until the grand opening because people bought packages starting June 29th.

I would think so

I can't seriously be the only person here that holds the unpopular opinion that this land leaves much to be desired in terms of environment and design... If they're going so far with the details... They gotta go all the way.

If you could explain what is wrong in the picture for those of us lacking Potter knowledge. :shrug:

I can't seriously be the only person here that holds the unpopular opinion that this land leaves much to be desired in terms of environment and design... If they're going so far with the details... They gotta go all the way.

Ummm... Yeah pretty much - what detail upsets you? They couldn't seriously have a opening and closin wall with the amount of people who would be entering and exiting this thing everyday, it's a safety hazard and honestly, the land looks amazing so far - and that's coming from someone who was upset with most of the minor changes in the movies...

I kind of agree. ALMOST everything looks absolutely incredible except for a few things. I can't judge until I see in person but this wall looks subpar, with no special effect. The HE with a voice that's not actually Emma's will most likely forever bother me.

I'm disappointed with the depth of the land.. It has great vertical depth.. but beyond that I don't like how on the outside the angles of the buildings cut off so abruptly. And within Diagon alley, the buildings being all exactly inline irks me. Personally I see much more interest in the angles of Hogsmeade...

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not trying to stir anything up in negativity.. I just want to discuss some of the design choices in further depth...

- - - Updated - - -

I kind of agree. ALMOST everything looks absolutely incredible except for a few things. I can't judge until I see in person but this wall looks subpar, with no special effect. The HE with a voice that's not actually Emma's will most likely forever bother me.

That the boat I'm in. The wall looks subpar in the terms its just a brick wall that looks almost too perfect. The exteriors/coloring of some of the diagon buildings looks boring very flat in color. The only detail that pops out from them is their signs and windows providing a break from the lack of weathering on the facades.

Sorry for my rambles. I probably make no sense..

Well I could see your point but I actually see them differentiating buildings quite a bit, and it legitimately looks like Diagon Alley to me - it's supposed to have a city feel, where you've got lines of buildings with various changes in design...
That's just me - I see this lands design as interesting, if not more interesting than Hogsmeade, I see the pictures and I want to explore the area... You're making perfect sense but it's just not my opinion - to me, the design choices make sense because this is a section of a city, so it should have a totally different feeling from Hogsmeade...

All the design choices make sense and everything looks absolutely amazing...We've been waiting quite a while for this thing to finally get around to opening up and now that we're almost there everyone wants to bash the thing.

I love how when you enter Hogsmead, you see the Hogwarts Castle and it looks as if it were miles away. The only thing that bothers me is that their is one ride. (I do think they needed to add some moving bricks.)

The brick wall is not a perfectly round opening, if you look around at other pictures, its kind of oblong.

When it comes to the buildings, they are not flat, some are angled sideways or titled forward, very similar to Hogsmeade. But this is a CITY versus Hogsmeade is a village, so you HAVE to feel like youre in the middle of London, and not out in the countryside.

Everything has a purpose.

The moving bricks thing was always blue sky, folks. I can't see how they could possibly make it work with the amount of people going in and out all day. Like someone else said, it's a safety hazard and just not worth it to appease a few die hards.

Some of you might have your expectations way too high, Diagon Alley is going to instantly become the new gold standard in theming once it opens yet some people are complaining that the entrance doesn't have magically moving bricks or the extended queue in Gringotts isn't themed. Enjoy the beauty and glory of this, because it is taking theme parks to a new level.

The only thing I could possibly see happening is a couple of bricks spinning in a fixed location to make you think it just opened up, but in all honesty did you guys want bricks attached a sliding door like it was a Walmart?

You have to be practical with things :)

Status
Not open for further replies.