Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 408 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seth Kubersky ‏@skubersky
"Diagon Alley employee previews 6/25-28. Gringotts won't be open."

This syncs so well with what I was told last Thursday. They are quietly trying to fix the thing under grave duress. I would hate to be "them" right now.

Hey, Teebin, do you think they'll be ready for, at the very least, limited runs of Gringotts during the vacation package previews?

Hey guys, here's some highlights of what I shot for Fusion from the red carpet event. It's basically all that didn't fit in the package that will air tomorrow. I basically just made this for fun. I have a funny accent and act a little silly because of the character I play called "Yonni Adventura" who goes on "safari's into all things pop culture". Hope you like it.

[video=youtube;8dJnd45N7n4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dJnd45N7n4[/video]

Fun video enjoyed watching, thanks for sharing :thumbs:

I'm hoping this doesnt turn into anotehr June 7 1990 ..... if its not ready fior vacation packages I see refunds coming...

Forgive me, but when are they updating Forbidden Journey? And they aren't getting rid of anything are they? I wish they would just keep this ride like it was when it came out but NOOOOO, they have to tame it down because some people have motion sickness. I mean it clearly says at the beginning of the ride, that people with motion sickness should not ride! I don't think they should be changing the thrill factor because some people cant handle it. Sorry, mini rant over haha

I have no confirmations. Everything I am about to say is gathered from sources I've skimmed over time. As far as I know, the ride isn't changing its thrill factor at all. The only thing I heard in terms of improvements is that they might add things they didn't have the budget for. From what I hear, Japan's will be grander and have a larger budget. As for motion sickness, I heard they might install "air-bladders" into the Enchated Benches. These fans will create a constant flow of air that decreases the chances for motion sickness and disorientation. I'd keep the ride the same too. But it bothers me to no end that Fawkes is not inside Dumbledore's office.

Forgive me, but when are they updating Forbidden Journey? And they aren't getting rid of anything are they? I wish they would just keep this ride like it was when it came out but NOOOOO, they have to tame it down because some people have motion sickness.[/] I mean it clearly says at the beginning of the ride, that people with motion sickness should not ride! I don't think they should be changing the thrill factor because some people cant handle it. Sorry, mini rant over haha

Sorry, I have been riding coasters,and "thrill rides" my entire life,and I am now 40, and FJ is the ONLY ride I have ever been on in my life that I can remember ever making me feel queezy after I got off. As much as I would like to,I will not go on it until it IS toned down a bit, I rode it twice last year and felt the same each time afterwards. That was enough for me.Everything else in both parks,I have never had a problem with.

Last edited:
They're talking about entering Diagon Alley so... I'm pretty sure that's on topic.

I wasn't referring to anyone else but myself getting off topic. Everyone was talking about DA and I was talking about AP previews which mainly nobody else was talking about...no need to be rude. Have a great day!:thumbs::kiss:

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, I have been riding coasters,and "thrill rides" my entire life,and I am now 40, and FJ is the ONLY ride I have ever been on in my life that I can remember ever making me feel queezy after I got off. As much as I would like to,I will not go on it until it IS toned down a bit, I rode it twice last year and felt the same each time afterwards. That was enough for me.Everything else in both parks,I have never had a problem with.

Toning it down a bit wouldn't be bad, but not too much to where it doesn't even feel like a thrill ride anymore.

I never used to get motion sick on forbidden journey when it first opened up, but since they toned it down from the way it used to be I feel sick every time I get off of it. I think it's the floo powder screens that make me the most sick instead of the brick passageway screens that was replaced.

On Saturday I was close to being full on motion sick. It may have been that I was looking at the wrong spot or something.

I never used to get motion sick on forbidden journey when it first opened up, but since they toned it down from the way it used to be I feel sick every time I get off of it. I think it's the floo powder screens that make me the most sick instead of the brick passageway screens that was replaced.

I am the same way. Never used to be too bothered. Now that it has changed a bit, I get very sick :/ It feels less fluid and a little choppier now.

My nitpick with the ride is they changed how far back you go when you look at the whopping willow branch. So now you are kinda looking at the bottom and can clearly see where the arm connects to the tree and rotates from. I guess that was in response to people feeling like they were upside down.

Reactions: Cwoolboy
Not exactly on the current topic, but I was just looking through my pictures of Hogsmeade from last December and the nice, understated holiday decorations they have. They are very fitting for a small rural village in the Scottish Highlands. But I would love to see something a bit more extravagant for the urban Diagon Alley (and also for the waterfront).

I've always thought that they were sort of missing an opportunity by not making a bigger deal of the holiday decorations when Christmas celebrations are featured pretty prominently in the books and movies. Now they have an excuse to go all out with it, since the residents of Diagon Alley don't seem to do anything understated. :lol:

(This also makes me think how mind-melting Hogwarts at USJ will look if they get a good snow in Osaka this winter. :faint:)

Status
Not open for further replies.