Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 411 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi folks - New poster, long time reader here. I'm going to aim for Sunday morning (the first day of the HP hotel packages), but not go in with the expectation that they will be including AP's or smatterings of the general public at that time. I'm a local (just a few miles from the parks), so not getting in at that point in time won't be a deal breaker.

Also, thanks everyone on this thread who has contributed to the lively and informative discussions. It's been fun to read along. I figured now was a good time to chime in.

My recap of the Diagon Alley press events is in today's Orlando Weekly (someone feel free to post the link...)

Seth, you've probably earned top rankings in my "cool ass bro" book for your comparison of DA to New Orleans Square. People blab about Cars Land, but New Orleans Square is truly it's own tiny little world.

Seth, you've probably earned top rankings in my "cool ass bro" book for your comparison of DA to New Orleans Square. People blab about Cars Land, but New Orleans Square is truly it's own tiny little world.

It's funny too because the way he spoke about the level of immersion in diagon... Even just reading about it here and viewing pics and video I forget that it's only one section of the usf park.

Also, thanks everyone on this thread who has contributed to the lively and informative discussions. It's been fun to read along. I figured now was a good time to chime in.

Well we're glad to have you...welcome to the family!:welcome:

- - - Updated - - -

It's funny too because the way he spoke about the level of immersion in diagon... Even just reading about it here and viewing pics and video I forget that it's only one section of the usf park.

Well the media must think it's a theme park in itself, calling it a "Harry Potter park".:doh:

So I gotta ask (and I'm guessing this is the best of the 3 different DA threads to post this on), what do you think the lines for other attractions will be like since Diagon will probably have the tickets to return to DA at a certain time. Are lines going to be so dispersed throughout the park because of this that we may see the E.T. ride finally reach something like 45 minutes? :yikes:

New merch item on twitter--Tom Riddle's Diary? It was tweeted as "Horcruxes for sale!" Doesn't really look like the diary from the movie, maybe this is just a notebook.

858165001.jpg

http://twitpic.com/e6xgcp

My recap of the Diagon Alley press events is in today's Orlando Weekly (someone feel free to post the link...)
Excellent article. Encouraging to see that Gringotts is growing on you. Once they do the minor upgrade (per HTF) it will be interesting what your take will be then. It's interesting how some attractions get better with subsequent rides. The first time I rode Mummy's Revenge I was a bit disappointed because my expectations were unrealistically too high. But after I rode a few more times I absolutely loved the attraction, where it's now one of my top attractions.

So I was in the park on Sunday and just haven't had the time to upload these. Nothing really new here I just thought I would put up some pictures of how everything looked on Sunday lol. I was also talking to a team member and he told me that his friend, who works inside Diagon Alley, has ridden the Gringotts ride 4 times already, but other team members have not rode the ride yet at all, atleast not him. Also this is no inside information at all, but I was just having a conversation with him and we were talking about when softs would start and we both agreed that it would probably be a week before the opening (probably the 29th?) Again I'm not trying to say this is inside information or anything, just the inside thoughts of a team member as well as mine, i guess haha. Well here are the pictures! Sorry I didn't have my nice camera with me, these are just iPhone 5S pictures, I hope they came out ok.

amik5Xs.jpg

VJeveZ3.jpg

Ok this is probably stupid, but I remember a while back some of you were discussing that the fence looks sharp on the top and you could imagine someone falling on it or something? I decided to take pictures of it to show you all up close what it looks like. It's basically a rounded point. I was at Disney this weekend, also, and I saw that it kind of reminded me of the fences that are in the Haunted Mansion queue, rounded pointed edges.

dbLamLt.jpg

oIUYhDc.jpg

EgPTJUO.jpg

tVc9rgp.jpg

Pab1K1F.jpg

SHxkkf8.jpg

O2DuyzJ.jpg

eKoGUyL.jpg

Light still not fixed...

5QhS9PV.jpg

1gRUeJ9.jpg

A fence was open next to Fear factor and I decided to peek inside haha!

8jeKA8J.jpg

SYTteMN.jpg

Wys9kBP.jpg

6bXi5di.jpg

bdNY4r1.jpg

At Hogsmeade Station!

TJpfeEa.jpg

o94E0Tt.jpg

Also thought everyone would like to be reminded how beautiful Hogsmeade and Hogwarts are! Hope I don't get yelled at for being off topic :p

5OLCcKC.jpg

GktDYoJ.jpg

I took pictures of all the places where I could find they had the new Interactive Wand emblems in Hogsmeade.

XVGgPNO.jpg

ii3csuH.jpg

mzuLMFC.jpg

UmidAyv.jpg

I2QBonx.jpg

Also, is this something new? I don't remember them having 'The Tales of Beedle the Bard' in a window? I might have just always missed it?

uelwDO4.jpg

Reactions: natespf
Great pictures!

Anyone else think the buildings in the London Waterfront look like an open book? I'm not sure if it was intentional, but it would be poetic--stepping into the pages of the book to enter the world of Harry Potter.

Reactions: Jenstar
OMG, watch this

[video=youtube;G4UjPZ4iLMA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4UjPZ4iLMA[/video]

Wouldn't have been nice if universal gave people that were chosen a $10 discount.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.