What's new
Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 3

Saw this on a funny video account I follow and while I was laughing a little, I was a little mad. It takes a lot of work to have those things running and it reallly shows you how little the GP cares about the work that goes into making something nice. Not the first time I’ve seen this happen in the parks.

That guy should get banned from the park.

Saw this on a funny video account I follow and while I was laughing a little, I was a little mad. It takes a lot of work to have those things running and it reallly shows you how little the GP cares about the work that goes into making something nice. Not the first time I’ve seen this happen in the parks.

If I recall, it was me or someone else who posted that on the "This is why we don't get nice things" thread; actually a while back.

It's..angering, as a word.

I know with Globus Mundi it was formerly an extra Ollivanders space, but it amazes me that places like this can just pop up out of nowhere. Was there always a space inside there? Was that set of swinging doors always there or retrofitted?
Looks like it might have been a storage space/closet and the doors were cut and counter added.

Seems as if Spring Break hit virtually over night in Orlando. I bring that up because Diagon was extremely crowded today and the Dragon wasn't breathing fire for quite awhile. Of course, everyone still stands there with their phones out, waiting for it to happen (seriously, this is probably a more satisfying moment for most guests than the Hogwarts projection show). With everyone just standing there, the main path clogs up and half the people don't even know why they're standing there with their phones out.

At the same time all of this is happening, Gringotts is at a 15 minute wait because everyone in the land is waiting for the damn dragon. When it finally went off you would've thought you were at an intense sporting event. And then of course it turned into rope drop all over again.

The only way to describe it is through the words of a guest I overheard: "Wow, this is a Cluster****" :lol:

Seems as if Spring Break hit virtually over night in Orlando. I bring that up because Diagon was extremely crowded today and the Dragon wasn't breathing fire for quite awhile. Of course, everyone still stands there with their phones out, waiting for it to happen (seriously, this is probably a more satisfying moment for most guests than the Hogwarts projection show). With everyone just standing there, the main path clogs up and half the people don't even know why they're standing there with their phones out.

At the same time all of this is happening, Gringotts is at a 15 minute wait because everyone in the land is waiting for the damn dragon. When it finally went off you would've thought you were at an intense sporting event. And then of course it turned into rope drop all over again.

The only way to describe it is through the words of a guest I overheard: "Wow, this is a Cluster****" :lol:

Touring Plans has this time as 10 out of 10 for UOR.

I've been in Diagon more days than I can count, and....I'm still awed and amazed every time the dragon fires up. One of the very best iconic scenes in any theme park. People are just mesmerized by it.

Touring Plans has this time as 10 out of 10 for UOR.
Based on what I experienced, I don't doubt it.

I've been in Diagon more days than I can count, and....I'm still awed and amazed every time the dragon fires up. One of the very best iconic scenes in any theme park. People are just mesmerized by it.
Yup, people love it. It's a definitive "wow" moment. And I agree, it's one of the most unique sights in a theme park anywhere.

One of my favorite things to do for EPA is to stand with my back at the door of Wheezley's and watch Michael do his thing for Leaky and the people coming though the wall. Many of them are onsite guests and the first timers all have this look of wonder on their faces. Reminds me of opening day and how I felt even though I had been in during softs.

One of my favorite things to do for EPA is to stand with my back at the door of Wheezley's and watch Michael do his thing for Leaky and the people coming though the wall. Many of them are onsite guests and the first timers all have this look of wonder on their faces. Reminds me of opening day and how I felt even though I had been in during softs.

Michael is the shorter, portly guy right? He's been there forever and he's great.

Seriously, Diagon Alley still is my top bar for themed lands and I love it so much. Going to WDW and DLR the past month just reminds me more and more how great it is.

Michael is the shorter, portly guy right? He's been there forever and he's great.

Seriously, Diagon Alley still is my top bar for themed lands and I love it so much. Going to WDW and DLR the past month just reminds me more and more how great it is.
Yes. Diagon Alley is 'far' above any other area operating at this point in time.

Michael is the wizard looking wizard with the book and the feather writing implement outside the Leaky entrance. When the dragon does her thing he uses the feather as a wand and with impeccable timing mimes causing her to fire. Has been there since opening and really plays the role.