Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 3 | Page 19 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 3

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Crowds are terrible. Gringotts queue totally full. Potter mania hasn't died and yes, World Cup did have an effect this weekend.

^Thats so surprising. I had no idea that the World Cup would have such an effect on attendance at a world-class theme parks. Was Disney pretty dead this weekend too?

^Thats so surprising. I had no idea that the World Cup would have such an effect on attendance at a world-class theme parks. Was Disney pretty dead this weekend too?
Touring Plans had the WDW park's actual crowds lower than their weekend projections. Plus the original projections were low for July. Example; HS was projected for a level 6 on Sunday but the actual crowd level was a 3. Pretty small attendance for July.

With so much of the summer crowd now being foreigners (Brazilian tour groups, Europeans, etc) it shouldn't be. World Cup is massive and I've been told certain matches have been a drain on the local economy. And yes WDW was relatively dead too, but for different reasons. ;)

Why on earth not? The world cup is the greatest show on earth, the final would have been watched by over 1bn people.

Saw the wait is at 240 minutes. Any word on how many trains are running?

Why on earth not? The world cup is the greatest show on earth, the final would have been watched by over 1bn people.

Not even just that, but a decent amount of people on property went and watched the game. Felipe posted a photo of Finnegan's and they were packed. A lot of people stayed at their resorts and watched there or went out and watched off property.

Last edited:

Because it hasnt had an impact all summer....

I understand the final game is a big deal, I threw a party for it, but if I was deadset on seeing Diagon Alley I wouldnt have changed my plans. I gues thats just me then. The large amount of foreign tourists does make sense as well. But I heard this from management, and they were surprised as well. So the low weekend attendance isnt quite as obvious as you seem to think.

I understand the final game is a big deal, I threw a party for it, but if I was deadset on seeing Diagon Alley I wouldnt have changed my plans. I gues thats just me then. The large amount of foreign tourists does make sense as well. But I heard this from management, and they were surprised as well. So the low weekend attendance isnt quite as obvious as you seem to think.

Your making it seem as if people had months to plan their vacation for Diagon Alley.

It has made an impact all summer, but not as concentrated as it was Saturday and Sunday.

It has made an impact all summer, but not as concentrated as it was Saturday and Sunday.

Either way the World cup is now over and I am sure the crowds will be booming in the coming summer months. Selfishly I hope they have died down come September 18.

Congrats to any German fans by the way :thumbs:

Pretty amazing when a weekday is more crowded then a weekend. I'm sure that doesn't happen often.

When Hogsmeade opened, Saturdays and Sundays were our slowest days, with Mondays being our busiest, and that is how it usually is during the summer. People travel on the weekends, and hit up the parks during the week. In slow times, weekends are busier because passholders and locals come out.

Reactions: neoshinok

I couldn't believe it had such a drastic effect on attendance either. We had a great weekend hitting Universal on Saturday and Hollywood Studios on Sunday. I had not seen Hollywood Studios that dead in a long time.

I couldn't believe it had such a drastic effect on attendance either. We had a great weekend hitting Universal on Saturday and Hollywood Studios on Sunday. I had not seen Hollywood Studios that dead in a long time.

So the Frozen thing hasn't brought out the marauding hoards to DHS?