Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 3 | Page 46 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 3

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Intriegued to see how this will all play out....the movies are practically guaranteed to be successful so does Uni go down the route of adding a potter phase 3 to existing parks and keeping fantastic beasts for a new park, or make phase 3 of existing parks fantastic beasts.

Either way I can't wait to see what's planned.

Honestly with everything on their plate for the next 3 years, I see any HP related stuff being in the 3rd park. They have Fallon, VB, and F&F next year, then they have Slop, and Nintendo. Being that Nintendo is an entire land that will start construction at the end of this year/beginning of next year I just don't see HP being another land starting up until Nintendo is done. At that point you might as well wait until Park 3.

Honestly with everything on their plate for the next 3 years, I see any HP related stuff being in the 3rd park. They have Fallon, VB, and F&F next year, then they have Slop, and Nintendo. Being that Nintendo is an entire land that will start construction at the end of this year/beginning of next year I just don't see HP being another land starting up until Nintendo is done. At that point you might as well wait until Park 3.

I feel with Harry Potter it would be more immersive if they kept that world all together; third park would break that immersion. A sizeable HP expansion could legitimately create a full day park within the 2 existing parks.

I feel with Harry Potter it would be more immersive if they kept that world all together; third park would break that immersion. A sizeable HP expansion could legitimately create a full day park within the 2 existing parks.

We don't know what world will be in these new movies. I imagine the places will change a good bit from what was in the original movies. So based on that it could be in a 3rd park since it is a different era and different places. Depending on what they do, it may look even more strange being so close to the HP lands.

Also, to do a large land, they don't really have the room in the existing parks.

Now down the road could I see them adding minor additions to the current lands, yes. MoM is a perfect example of something that could be added later down the road. But a whole other land based on the new movies? That I see in a 3rd park.

Reactions: Frogki
It wouldn't break immersion for me seeing as how Fantastic Beasts takes place across the Pond.

However, I can't see them building another New York Section in the 3rd Gate.

So it was an issue with the quality of work being done? The result is spectacular as I see it?

The overall result is good, but there are some finer details that aren't quite right... From what I remember seeing it was issues with the faux-whatever, be it aging, marble, rust, etc.. They just weren't executed well. The marbles on the columns in gringotts were laughable and the "old" signs and adverts arouns the area had issues with color matching. One technique is to paint it like it's new and then put the under-color on the top to make it looks like it has worn away.. which works with things like stencils and sign lettering.. if you properly match the color. The letters on the alley wall next to Magical Menagerie were a blatant example of this. The color that was supposed to be the background color of the wall was just sort of flung back on top of the letters, didn't match and looked like the paint splatters it actually was instead of portions of the lettering fading away.

Paint of the wrong color and of the wrong consistency and applied the wrong way.

Reactions: JoeCamel
The overall result is good, but there are some finer details that aren't quite right... From what I remember seeing it was issues with the faux-whatever, be it aging, marble, rust, etc.. They just weren't executed well. The marbles on the columns in gringotts were laughable and the "old" signs and adverts arouns the area had issues with color matching. One technique is to paint it like it's new and then put the under-color on the top to make it looks like it has worn away.. which works with things like stencils and sign lettering.. if you properly match the color. The letters on the alley wall next to Magical Menagerie were a blatant example of this. The color that was supposed to be the background color of the wall was just sort of flung back on top of the letters, didn't match and looked like the paint splatters it actually was instead of portions of the lettering fading away.

Paint of the wrong color and of the wrong consistency and applied the wrong way.

Thank you!

It's amazing to me how many tv ads mimic the John Williams music from Potter to sell stuff. Just saw the commercial with a woman golfing. Not sure what they were selling. We even have a local plumber up here that uses some stock music that mimics it.

It's amazing to me how many tv ads mimic the John Williams music from Potter to sell stuff. Just saw the commercial with a woman golfing. Not sure what they were selling. We even have a local plumber up here that uses some stock music that mimics it.
I have always found that a lot film composers tend to mimic Wagner, especially John Williams and Howard Shore. Then of course, Wagner has written some of the best music :)

Reactions: Mad Dog
Hard to believe the 4 yr. AP holder, but I would think it happens often among first time one or two day visitors that aren't Harry Potter fans. The land does what it's supposed to do, conceal itself, sometimes too well. :)

Reactions: universal_fanatic
Hard to believe the 4 yr. AP holder, but I would think it happens often among first time one or two day visitors that aren't Harry Potter fans. The land does what it's supposed to do, conceal itself, sometimes too well. :)
Let's face it, not many attraction entrances are so subtle. Reminds me of The Safe House, a spy themed restaurant in Milwaukee.

Many guests didn't know about fastpass at WDW in the past (yes I met them).
My nephew and aunt missed 1/4th of Sea World and they where sure they did it all.
So it won't completely impossible for people to mis Diagon Alley or even Knockturn Alley when they found it.
But when you are an annual pass holder you must be exceptionally dumb to miss it.

I saw this when it was posted. Obviously it's humorous but I have to admit I'm a little jealous. It's hard to imagine just how mind blowing it would be to actually just stumble onto and discover this hidden land. DA really blows you away when you first walk in even when you know what to expect and just imagining that as if it were a complete surprise, it must have been amazing!

Also this was my favorite comment:
1psyrbVl.jpg