Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Ministry of Magic (Epic Universe) | Page 26 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Ministry of Magic (Epic Universe)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
And the way the upscale quick serve works now with no more ordering at the counter, just order with the app at your table and they deliver, it’s almost “sit down”. I was really impressed when we did this at Three Broomsticks and Captain America Diner. No standing in line, no problem getting passholder or TM discounts, and it felt faster than waiting to order at the counter.

And the way the upscale quick serve works now with no more ordering at the counter, just order with the app at your table and they deliver, it’s almost “sit down”. I was really impressed when we did this at Three Broomsticks and Captain America Diner. No standing in line, no problem getting passholder or TM discounts, and it felt faster than waiting to order at the counter.
Not sure if all locations will be able to do it that way, as it holds tables longer than utilizing the ordering queue, like I bet Toadstool Cafe still uses the queue so tables aren’t sat at until after you order and can be flipped faster. But we shall see!

In the content we saw there where 2 versions of the entrance arch. One with theming on both sides and one with bare theming on the portal side and full theming on the Paris side. I wonder what version we get and if the photo op problem a consideration?
1722623798495.png
1722623698916.png

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
and...if you don't want to carry a phone around...what happens ?

You got lucky it wasn't a busy day/time. When I go when it is dead food comes fairly fast. When I go when it is slightly busy it can take a decent amount of time and if really busy, you may be waiting 45 minutes for food. It isn't an ideal system and hopefully they drastically change ops and improve because Epic will always be busy for the first year or two.
Not sure if all locations will be able to do it that way, as it holds tables longer than utilizing the ordering queue, like I bet Toadstool Cafe still uses the queue so tables aren’t sat at until after you order and can be flipped faster. But we shall see!
I agree, with the wait time of food from ordering on a busy day being up to 45 minutes I doubt they also want you sitting before ordering.

You got lucky it wasn't a busy day/time. When I go when it is dead food comes fairly fast. When I go when it is slightly busy it can take a decent amount of time and if really busy, you may be waiting 45 minutes for food. It isn't an ideal system and hopefully they drastically change ops and improve because Epic will always be busy for the first year or two.

I agree, with the wait time of food from ordering on a busy day being up to 45 minutes I doubt they also want you sitting before ordering.
WDW pushed hard on mobile ordering the past couple of years. During the two weeks we were there in June, we rarely saw anyone picking up at the mobile area. Most everyone was back to using the old tried and true order lines that moved very quickly. A couple of times the mobile areas were so dead that they diverted the line ordering guests to get their orders at the deserted mobile area :nervous: . Keep it simple. The guests should come first without complicating stuff.

and...if you don't want to carry a phone around...what happens ?
There is still an order counter
One time it was almost instant (Captain America Diner), Three Broomsticks took awhile but I was happy to be seated and relaxing. We ordered a TON of food (The Great Feast) so I expected it might take a few extra minutes.

There is still an order counter

One time it was almost instant (Captain America Diner), Three Broomsticks took awhile but I was happy to be seated and relaxing. We ordered a TON of food (The Great Feast) so I expected it might take a few extra minutes.
As long as there's an order line option I have no problem with the policy. If they would eliminate that aspect, I would opinion it's a bad mgt. decision. Catering to guests should always be prime to any procedure. Sometimes parks have been getting a little too crazy about phones. WDW has gotten lots of bad feedback and is backing off the reliance on phones. Tourists, especially, want a relaxing stress free vacation. It doesn't always happen, but mgt. should always focus on that aspect when making policy decisions.

As long as there's an order line option I have no problem with the policy. If they would eliminate that aspect, I would opinion it's a bad mgt. decision. Catering to guests should always be prime to any procedure. Sometimes parks have been getting a little too crazy about phones. WDW has gotten lots of bad feedback and is backing off the reliance on phones. Tourists, especially, want a relaxing stress free vacation. It doesn't always happen, but mgt. should always focus on that aspect when making policy decisions.
I don't have a problem doing mobile order - but ever since the Universal app update it literally doesn't work on my phone. So I need the order line option lol