Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Woman Robbed at Islands of Adventure

It makes the most sense that an employee is the culprit. Teebin raised a good point about the logic behind paying for an $80/90 pass to steal $50. As an employee myself, I know it's super easy to sneak things in. Security cares a lot more about whether or not your ID is valid than what's in your bag (they usually only check the largest compartment of backpacks as well). Some one gets in for free, passes security with ease, walks out $50 richer.

I'm not saying I even buy this story, but it would make the most sense for it to be an employee is all.

Okay time to point out the obvious : rofl: MAYBE this woman is involved with the same group as the "psycho moms for boycotting Universal" :thumbs: But why would she cut herself and make this up? Obviously y'all never knew my ex wife...loonier than a toon :p and besides who remembers the couple from Jersey a few years back that were allegedly kidnapped at Downtown Disney? Turns out their story was just that...a story... Some peiple will do anything to give a company bad press...smh

How long before she brings a lawsuit against Universal? Seems fishy to me...

Doing my own investigation work:

Islands of Adventure closed at 8pm on Sunday.

The way this story is painted out it seems that the woman would have had to been in a common area in the bathroom. The alternative scenario that she was in a stall, and someone shoved a knife under the stall, cut her, then asked for money and while she was getting the money, cut her again seems STUPIDLY UNLIKELY.

Although, slightly slower around 5pm I don't think any of the bathrooms at Islands of Adventure would be empty at this time.

The only bathrooms that would be slow enough for this crime to happen in our the ones outside of the gates (ruled out, would have said Citywalk), bathrooms in Marvel across from Icecream (more than likely too busy), Toon Bathrooms by Popeye Exit (still calling too busy), Toon Bathrooms by Ampitheater (slower bathrooms, area too busy), bathrooms by Sinbad (someone would have seen perpatrator, area too dead), Suess bathrooms closest to Lost Continent (too busy for crime).

If it happened in a restroom common area more than likely there would have been a witness, or 2nd victim. If it happened in a slower area then it would have been more likely they would have seen the perpetrator.

Flat out, at 5pm on a Sunday, the parks are too busy for this crime to have happened. If the bathroom was slow, which it would have had to have been for it to be in a restroom common area, then they're going to be able to pull up the cameras and see that she was either A. The only one leaving the restroom or B. The perpetrator.

While SLIGHTLY POSSIBLE, Jake says MYTH BUSTER

She hasn't been charged with providing false information on a police report, she received 27 stitches, and you'd think that Uni would instantly contact its media partners as soon as it turned out that she fabricated the story. No comment means no comment and not that it's true, but this isn't something that the PR team would let float around if there was something better to say than no comment. I think a lot of men probably forget that women have to put their purse somewhere in the restroom and I would think the ground is reasonable place where someone from the next stall could snatch/slash easily.

This is bad for all parks, but it leans more toward credible than false.

You are all assuming whoever robbed her paid for their ticket
Maybe they robbed someone (outside the park) and got their ticket.
then as the end of the day came along they wanted to target someone with money.

Even if you put down your purse on the floor in a stall, the person next to you would have to be like "Give me the money in the purse". Then cut your leg...then you'd get out the money and hand it to the person in the stall next to you....THEN they'd cut you again. Sounds like an awkward and clumsy robbery.