Worker injured at Primeval Whirl Rehab | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Worker injured at Primeval Whirl Rehab

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well, I'm not the only one who thinks so. There are a number of people here calling it unsafe and crap. Just because the ride didn't, y'know, murder him on purpose doesn't mean that it shouldn't be gotten rid of.

Well it's crap because the ride, as well as the whole area, shouldn't have existed in the first place.

But if that's the case, then we should close down Dragon's Challege, Big Thunder Mt, MiB because of the numerous accidents that have occurred there as well.

Well it's crap because the ride, as well as the whole area, shouldn't have existed in the first place.

But if that's the case, then we should close down Dragon's Challege, Big Thunder Mt, MiB because of the numerous accidents that have occurred there as well.

What two people died on Dragon's Challenge?

Considering that Disney has been cited with four workplace-safety violations over this, I'm curious if this death was (partially) caused by any sort of error on the part of the deceased employer, or if Disney is indeed failing to keep up with necessary safety measures, and it's pretty much mostly their fault... And if it's the latter - well, if you can't keep your employees safe, close it up.

I was speaking accidents in general, whether it be injury or death. Things happen, and they obviously need to have better precautions for the ride to avoid future incidents, but closing it because of 2 injury/death accidents is just rash.

These aren't just guests getting injured, it's employees. These people are trained to work around the ride, so if even they can't be safe...

It's been 2 employees only that were involved and it wasn't because of the actual ride. One accident happened when an employee was in an area she was not supposed to be during ride operation. Since then, they have added sensors to stop the coasters if anyone is around those restricted areas. Granted it could have been avoided if it was there in the first place, but human error by the deceased was a part of it. This recent accident was just a freak accident. They were testing the ride, and he was hit by a car. It's not that the ride has had issues when guests were on it. C'mon guys, let's get real. It sucks that it's happened, but a ride doesn't need to be closed down because of it.

OSHA exists for a reason. It's their job to determine what is safe, not anyone else. The reason it took so long to open was because of the rigorous investigation that took place before the ride opened back up. The theme of the land is a joke, but the safety regulations and precautions in place certainly are not.

Erm... that's exactly what I said. Employees got injured. Do their lives not have as much value because they aren't paying customers?

You're reading too much as to what I said. My point was that no guest has been injured or has died to the ride, just the 2 workers. One employee died due partly to their negligence, the other was just a freak accident when the worker was performing maintenance. Basically, the ride didn't malfunction or is overly dangerous. It just so happens that it had 2 fatal accidents.

From Courthouse News Service

Widow Blames Disney for Husband's Death
ORLANDO (CN) - A widow blames Disney's Animal Kingdom for the death of her husband, who was run over while working on a roller coaster at the theme park.

Terrie Roscoe sued Walt Disney Parks and Resorts dba Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park, for the wrongful death of her husband, Russell Roscoe.

She claims her late husband, 52, was on the roller coaster track, testing the brakes of the Primeval Whirl March 13, 2011 when "a Disney ride operator broke protocol and instead of announcing that (a) car was going to be released down the track, he announced one time that the car was going to be released and immediately released the car."

But the loudspeaker near her husband "was not working properly and/or was muted," the widow says, and her husband was struck by the car, traveling at 20 feet per second, giving him fatal head injuries.

At the time, the system was in "maintenance mode," which disables the brakes on a car if a gate is opened, according to the complaint in Orange County Court.

She claims that Disney requires its maintenance workers, including her late husband, to work long shifts, without overtime pay. "This fostered a rushed environment whereby important implemental safety precautions were ignored by management at Walt Disney Inc.," according to the complaint.

Russell Roscoe was the second person to die while working on the Primeval Whirl, according to the Orlando Sentinel.

Disney employee Karen Price, 63, was hit by a roller-coaster car and killed in November 2007, the Sentinel reported at the time.

The U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration cited Disney with four workplace safety violations after Roscoe's death, according to the Sentinel.

Terrie Roscoe seeks damages for wrongful death, pain and suffering, funeral expenses, and lost support.

She is represented by Brian Denney of West Palm Beach.

Not gonna lie, I saw this pop us on recent posts and my first reaction was "Its happened again?!"