Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Worker injured at Primeval Whirl Rehab

This news is really sad.

And, although I think the ride is really run, i's most definietly not up to Disney standards and there are accidents left and right. I pray this thing gets the axe and dinoland goes back to its original plans with the excavator.

From Le Screamscape

(6/9/11) Looks like my assumption about the lengthy closure of the Primeval Whirl coaster was right on the money, as Disney has confirmed to TheLedger, that the attraction will remain closed while a “federal agency investigates the death of a resort mechanic who was working on the ride.” Right now it isn’t set to reopen until at least September 14th, matching up with an OSHA six-month deadline for the investigation. I would imagine that if they finished up early, we could see it reopen sooner.

I feel sorry for the man and his family. Perhaps this will finally kill off Chester and Hesters what a terrible spot in disney.

Yes please i hate that section it feels like i'm in some cheap road side place which is not good in Disney World i would love to see the originally planned dinosaur section not this piece of crap.

Not much work being done on the ride today

100_5477.jpg

From Screamscape

(10/3/11) According to a reader, while Primeval Whirl has reopened at Animal Kingdom, so far Disney has only reopened the left side of the ride, which was the side not involved in the death of a mechanic earlier this year.

Two fatal accidents now. Time to get rid of it...

Really?..... They are called accidents for a reason, and both accidents happened when the CM's were outside of the ride's vehicles.

However, they do need to remove the whole area for other reasons.

Really?..... They are called accidents for a reason, and both accidents happened when the CM's were outside of the ride's vehicles.

However, they do need to remove the whole area for other reasons.

Well, I'm not the only one who thinks so. There are a number of people here calling it unsafe and crap. Just because the ride didn't, y'know, murder him on purpose doesn't mean that it shouldn't be gotten rid of.