Wreck-it Ralph Ride to replace Stitch's Great Escape? | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Wreck-it Ralph Ride to replace Stitch's Great Escape?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Everything you said in this paragraph actually made me think that this is a fit for TL just because of the technology.

I can actually visualize how it can work within the land.

I could see it being a Tomorrowland-ized version of Game Central Station. You would also have a likely unintentional game theme with this, the rumored Tron, Buzz, and the final scene of CoP ;)

I could see it being a Tomorrowland-ized version of Game Central Station. You would also have a likely unintentional game theme with this, the rumored Tron, Buzz, and the final scene of CoP ;)
Why not take that further and just change all of Tomorrowland into a video game theme. With the idea of game central station the peoplemover could be changed to be transport between the different games now represented. Going above Wreck-It Ralph would be a model of Niceland's home community. Exiting we would be over Sugar Rush's race track which would really be a better transition into Fantasyland. Next we would enter the game grid of Tron. Coming out of Tron we would pass over the new Carousel of Progress that now has the children as leads going through different periods of game development from Space Wars and Pong, home game consoles (probably Sega Genesis as to not highlight the NES) and the home PC, current machines, and then future possiblities like VR but more advanced. Then instead of going through the hallway of nothingness we would see a recruitment for the Space Ranger Corp using the latest projection technology. I cannot think what would be a good replacement for Astro Orbitor or Monsters Inc but I am sure there is some video game IP Disney could tie those into.

So there is this speedway in tomorrowland that I believe has been there from the beginning. Has tomorrowland every really stuck to the theme of the future?

Also, Monster Inc pretty much put a nail in that coffin. Do something with this land and rename it. Future lands just don't work in this fast moving tech age like they did in the 70s and 80s.

So there is this speedway in tomorrowland that I believe has been there from the beginning. Has tomorrowland every really stuck to the theme of the future?

When being designed the idea of highway travel was still futuristic and new as crazy as that sounds new.

I'm fine with changing the angle of Tomorrowland again but go full blown and do it with a new treatment and such, not this piecemeal approach

Also, Monster Inc pretty much put a nail in that coffin. Do something with this land and rename it. Future lands just don't work in this fast moving tech age like they did in the 70s and 80s.

When being designed the idea of highway travel was still futuristic and new as crazy as that sounds new.

I'm fine with changing the angle of Tomorrowland again but go full blown and do it with a new treatment and such, not this piecemeal approach

I find it funny that two parts of two different parks (MK/Tomorrowland & Epcot/Future World) are having this same exact issue.

I find it funny that two parts of two different parks (MK/Tomorrowland & Epcot/Future World) are having this same exact issue.
It wouldn't be an issue if they kept Alien Encounter and Timekeeper. Just sayin'.

Future World's rides were never really dated either. Some of them focused on how looking at the past would help us with our future (WoM, SSE). Energy should be one of the easiest subjects to tackle today and none of what was shown in Horizons has happened yet. Same goes for The Living Seas unless some of you are living in an underwater colony or know people who are. Then WoL. Yeah, Doctors still don't shrink down to find out what's wrong with their patients and we can't enter the brain either. Imagination is just a timeless concept.

None of it was dated. Disney is just super :censored: lazy with eyes on that IP money. It all just needed updates like SSE continually got throughout its life.

It wouldn't be an issue if they kept Alien Encounter and Timekeeper. Just sayin'.

Future World's rides were never really dated either. Some of them focused on how looking at the past would help us with our future (WoM, SSE). Energy should be one of the easiest subjects to tackle today and none of what was shown in Horizons has happened yet. Same goes for The Living Seas unless some of you are living in an underwater colony or know people who are. Then WoL. Yeah, Doctors still don't shrink down to find out what's wrong with their patients and we can't enter the brain either. Imagination is just a timeless concept.

None of it was dated. Disney is just super :censored: lazy with eyes on that IP money. It all just needed updates like SSE continually got throughout its life.

Well said, well said. Rides can be updated. Look at Maelstrom (although I shudder about that conversion). Easy enough to take an existing ride and add updates. Universe of Energy can be changed/updated to reflect the present and the future. Same with any ride. They just went cheap period. No sponsorship and thus we'll not build/maintain it. When a resort has as many people coming to it annually as WDW does, they should be able to maintain the existing and build new rides. This thread is discussing Wreck It Ralph but it covers WDW as a whole. Like TestTrack said, make Tomorrowland cohesive in one fell swoop.

Sorry, wrong thread title.

Perfectly said, you deserve all the likes! The only things that are dated are the things that they have changed or replaced. IMO nothing makes that more obvious than Spaceship Earth. They took an amazing open ending with a model that perfectly summed up much of what is still a wonderful representation of a city and replaced it with an already outdated, low budget, snapchat filter featuring borrowed scenes from Jetsons, SeaLab 2020, etc.

Reactions: Mike S

I love Timekeeper. Extremely nostalgic about it. But it was dead. No question about it. Something had to be done. Outside of World Showcase, 360 films just aren't a thing anymore. Monsters is unquestionably more popular, even if it doesn't fit the theme.

Alien Encounter is a different story. As annoying as Stich may have become, he could have been used much better.

Taking with a grain of salt as always, from Vashsky (Dre) on Twitter; he had gotten word about some very interesting details about the WiR attraction being rumored to replace Stitch..
  • VashSky reaffirmed what Jim Hill has stated that the attraction will use VR Headsets, as the guests race with other individuals within the room of the attraction
  • The attraction would also be able to interchange multiple tracks to keep the attraction fresh
  • The use of making the space small will work out for WiR, allowing multiple levels for guests
Once again, taking it with salt..

Reactions: martymcflyy85
I haven't been to Stitch in a long time, but the ride isn't that big. These VR/simulator rigs sounds pretty big. I can't imagine this could have even remotely scalable capacity. Like, I'm thinking this'll be the lowest capacity attraction at MK (minus small things like the rafts)