Wreck-it Ralph Ride to replace Stitch's Great Escape? | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Wreck-it Ralph Ride to replace Stitch's Great Escape?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'd much rather a Big Hero 6 ride in tomorrowland. It still doesn't really fit, but it certainly fits better than WIR, imho.
BH6 can take over Monsters Inc.
BH6 is technically a Marvel property, but that may have a loophole in the Marvel/Uni contract. I'm not sure.
BH6 is definitely ok to use due to the M&G and the fact they're able to fully advertise said M&G.

Reactions: SeventyOne
If everything has to be IP related now, How about Big Hero 6 replace Stitch, Tron replace Monsters Inc, and then put Wreck it Ralph in place of the Speedway.

All new attractions, all IP's, and all able to sell merchandise.

Reactions: Joel
Disney intentionally did not brand Big Hero 6 as a Marvel film, and it is so far separated from the comics that it fits perfectly into that loophole. I actually suspect Disney actually did that for this very reason: they knew that the film didn't need the Marvel name to be a success, and it made things a lot easier for a brand that could be slipped into the parks easier as well.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Disney intentionally did not brand Big Hero 6 as a Marvel film, and it is so far separated from the comics that it fits perfectly into that loophole. I actually suspect Disney actually did that for this very reason: they knew that the film didn't need the Marvel name to be a success, and it made things a lot easier for a brand that could be slipped into the parks easier as well.
But they still manage to slip Stan Lee into the film. :)

Reactions: Ryan and Mike S
More Jim Hill rumor vomit!

WiR will be a Sugar Rush themed attraction utilizing VR tech. The two theaters will have capacity halved as each row holds go-karts. Riders put on VR helmets and the karts are simulator tech. Races will be reprogramable.

If this is true, then Disney would be making an extremely short-sighted decision as Mario Kart will blow it away.

But hey it could be entirely false as well.

Reactions: Mike S

WiR will be a Sugar Rush themed attraction utilizing VR tech. The two theaters will have capacity halved as each row holds go-karts. Riders put on VR helmets and the karts are simulator tech. Races will be reprogramable.

If this is true, then Disney would be making an extremely short-sighted decision as Mario Kart will blow it away.

I wouldn't call it vomit dude.

From what it sounds like this is probably one of several proposals and nothing is set yet.

That sounds like it would be a capacity nightmare, and once again an example of Disney under-serving an I.P. with which they could do much, much more.

Perhap's that could indicate how much they even intend on spending for the replacement? Because in that case, that's really cheap.

Reactions: Mike S
That sounds like it would be a capacity nightmare, and once again an example of Disney under-serving an I.P. with which they could do much, much more.

Jim mentioned that, which made himself a little hesistant. Hopefully like testtrack said, this is just one of many proposals.

The newest DD on iTunes. "Episode 108: Disney News: Earnings, Park Attendance and Goodbye to Stitch?"

(edit: BTW it was erronously inputed with the wrong date, it was recorded last week)

Reactions: belloq87
Please no VR! That garbage should have no place in any theme park. That concept sounds even worse than Stitch. At least it has a really cool aninatronic. If they're using a VR helmet sim, that's probably the laziest replacement I have ever heard of.

Reactions: Cheezbat
Please no VR! That garbage should have no place in any theme park. That concept sounds even worse than Stitch. At least it has a really cool aninatronic. If they're using a VR helmet sim, that's probably the laziest replacement I have ever heard of.
Unless it's the Repository!

Fwiw I'm fine with VR in a theme park experience. Like anything it all depends on if it offers a unwise experience, is well executed, and does not impair other experiences. I hate VR coasters because it's hamstrung.

Fwiw I'm fine with VR in a theme park experience. Like anything it all depends on if it offers a unwise experience, is well executed, and does not impair other experiences. I hate VR coasters because it's hamstrung.
Sort of agree but not in regards to Disney. If Disney wants to build VR theme park experiences they have DisneyQuest a Virtual Theme Park that hasn't been touched in way too long. It is so absurd that they build a place specifically for this concept and let it die... now that it may be something that could feasibly be done well they spitball putting it in MK of all places???? Not only that but they built a place to showcase futuristic technology and video games in Innoventions before DisneyQuest was even a thought that has also been pretty much abandoned where this concept could make a lot more sense thematically.

I just don't get it.

Reactions: JoeCamel