Wreck-it Ralph Ride to replace Stitch's Great Escape? | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Wreck-it Ralph Ride to replace Stitch's Great Escape?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I somehow doubt 18 months is enough time to gut and build for this. How long did the Minions into T2 take at USH?

Plus, unless the operating model changes, it will take Disney two years to complete gutting and another two years building. They could just retheme it and put Wreck-It Ralph in the place of Stitch. Of course, it would break down constantly and long lines would results. Since long lines must mean success, the attraction could be labeled an post-release "E" ticket.

Of course, I'm just being sarcastic.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Per Martin and Magic Feather on Magic, Stitch's Great Escape is set to close for a 3D Wreck it Ralph simulator to open in 2018 potentially. The ride will be similar to Minion Mayhem. Thoughts?
Martin also said that we might be pleasantly surprised when answering someone who said it'll be like MM. Idk, I guess I'm taking a wait and see on this one. Love that Stitch is finally getting the boot but I do agree that DHS could've been better for this.

Reactions: tankart150
Plus, unless the operating model changes, it will take Disney two years to complete gutting and another two years building. They could just retheme it and put Wreck-It Ralph in the place of Stitch. Of course, it would break down constantly and long lines would results. Since long lines must mean success, the attraction could be labeled an post-release "E" ticket.

Of course, I'm just being sarcastic.
When it comes to Disney, sarcasm is often truth. ;)

Wreck it Ralph is an outstanding IP that deserves better than to be another tired retread 3-D attraction. I bet they'll include Sonic. At least they won't be able to include Nintendo.
Pac-man is something we could see used as well.

Although I wouldn't be surprised if it's just Disney owned characters. They've been making attempts to get rid of any IPs that they don't own lately it seems.

I guess Imagineers just aren't imaginative anymore. We demand Alien Encounter to return to our galaxy. A large sign shall say the ride is not permitted for small children, an alert shall pop up on everybody's phone entering the queue reminding them of the previous warning. Make MK Encounter Again! :thumbsup:

I guess Imagineers just aren't imaginative anymore. We demand Alien Encounter to return to our galaxy. A large sign shall say the ride is not permitted for small children, an alert shall pop up on everybody's phone entering the queue reminding them of the previous warning. Make MK Encounter Again! :thumbsup:
You can't blame the imagineers when it's upper management pushing for cheap replacements.

Here is some great trivia about Alien Encounter. Reposted from Wikipedia.

It opened briefly for previews on December 16, 1994, on the site of the former Mission to Mars attraction, but was ordered closed on January 12, 1995 for retooling by then-Disney CEO Michael Eisner who deemed it was not intense enough.

Yes, is was closed after brief softs for not being intense enough. :)

Ok idea, wrong location.

Why not at Disney Quest since it's still open after the NBA thing fell through.
Or like anywhere else other than Magic Kingdom - Tomorrow Land. I do like the idea of Disney Quest and I love going there, but last time I was there that place just looked depressing with things in rough shape or CMs just going through the motions.

I feel like this is something that keeps getting said. That could be a good idea but wrong place and/or should get more than a refurb/overlay.

Or like anywhere else other than Magic Kingdom - Tomorrow Land. I do like the idea of Disney Quest and I love going there, but last time I was there that place just looked depressing with things in rough shape or CMs just going through the motions.

I feel like this is something that keeps getting said. That could be a good idea but wrong place and/or should get more than a refurb/overlay.
It would be a bit more than an overlay is they use what @Mike S posted. They would basically have to gut the existing theatres to put in the new system. It would look similar, but it would be a completely new ride system in the location.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike S
What, Tomorrowland is the perfect location for this attraction. In 1971 when WDW opened we didn't even have Pong (which was first released by Atari in 1972). So, a "virtual reality" ride based on Video Games would be a perfect fit for a Tomorrowland that still features Tomorrland Speedway and their internal combustion engines. Everyone is thinking tomorrow from day. We need to be thinking tomorrow from 1971. :whistle:

Reactions: Joel