Wreck-it Ralph Ride to replace Stitch's Great Escape? | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Wreck-it Ralph Ride to replace Stitch's Great Escape?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Anything would be an improvement on Stitch. If it was a pond of smelly pond swamp water they made you wade through, that would be an improvement. I will applaud Disney for finally having the good sense to shut it down....Now if we could only get Universal to replace Fear Factor! :pray:

Or like anywhere else other than Magic Kingdom - Tomorrow Land. I do like the idea of Disney Quest and I love going there, but last time I was there that place just looked depressing with things in rough shape or CMs just going through the motions.

I feel like this is something that keeps getting said. That could be a good idea but wrong place and/or should get more than a refurb/overlay.

That's why I said Disney Quest. I think it wrong to not reinvest in DQ and just let it languish till they finally put a bullet between it's ears. If there was ever a place for Wreak it Ralph, it's DQ. Keep the shooting bumper cars and video games and gut the rest, add this and an indoor coaster like the one at Tokyo Joypolis, some newer 4D rype stuff and some VR stuff. When DQ closes there is zero desire to ever visit Disney Springs for my clan.

Reactions: MrRoamer
I enjoy Stitch's Great Escape, but solely for the animatronics. Not too keen on a simulator replacing a show with actual AA's, but that's just my personal preference. It's probably for the best since SGE is so hated. Hopefully that Stitch AA and the Skippys will have new homes somewhere else where we can see them.

Reactions: belloq87
This is the possible ride system they could be using.

If Disney went with this type of ride system or something similar, I wonder if they would have two theaters to increase capacity. I recognize that this is still in rumor phase only but capacity would be an issue with this theater. Just guessing on a three to four minute ride time.

If Disney went with this type of ride system or something similar, I wonder if they would have two theaters to increase capacity. I recognize that this is still in rumor phase only but capacity would be an issue with this theater. Just guessing on a three to four minute ride time.
Stitch already has 2 theatres so I assume they would put the system into both existing theatres as this would be a much higher demand ride than Stitch currently is.

EDIT: Here's a look at the Stitch/Cosmic Rays location. Notice the 2 theatres.
r-1416085593-AlienEncounter1.JPG

Last edited:
Wow, I just realized the configuration of the theaters hasn't changed since they opened. I remember those round theaters from my first visit in 1979 when it was Mission to Mars!

Not too crazy about what sounds like a simulator attraction, and really not crazy about WRECK-IT RALPH getting shoved into Tomorrowland... even if the overall attraction will almost surely be superior to what's there now. Yet, as much as I dislike Stitch's Great Escape, that Stitch AA is one of the best, so hopefully it doesn't just end up in a dumpster out back. Putting him along one of the more barren stretches of the Peoplemover would be a neat idea.

Stitch's Great Escape is an abomination. Wreck-It Ralph is my favorite modern-day WDAS film.

WiR doesn't belong very much in TL. Hero's Duty? A little.

However, this is something I am looking forward to regardless, as long as there's a Ralph and/or Vanellope AA. Just smash that Stitch AA into the ground. Let Jerry Rees do the honors.

Reactions: snayberry and Joel
Stitch already has 2 theatres so I assume they would put the system into both existing theatres as this would be a much higher demand ride than Stitch currently is.

EDIT: Here's a look at the Stitch/Cosmic Rays location. Notice the 2 theatres.
r-1416085593-AlienEncounter1.JPG

Darn it. I didn't know that it already had two theaters, either. That is a lot of space to the side. I'm guessing that is the quick service restaurant. Thank you for this view.

Reactions: Nick
Not too crazy about what sounds like a simulator attraction, and really not crazy about WRECK-IT RALPH getting shoved into Tomorrowland... even if the overall attraction will almost surely be superior to what's there now. Yet, as much as I dislike Stitch's Great Escape, that Stitch AA is one of the best, so hopefully it doesn't just end up in a dumpster out back. Putting him along one of the more barren stretches of the Peoplemover would be a neat idea.
The Stitch AA is far too big for this little displays.

Darn it. I didn't know that it already had two theaters, either. That is a lot of space to the side. I'm guessing that is the quick service restaurant. Thank you for this view.
With how low demand is for Stitch, I'm pretty sure that they pretty much only use one theatre for the most part unless it's a super busy time and the attraction actually has waits.

Reactions: Joel
Here's an idea. Since they both have two theaters, Universal & Disney could do a baseball type trade and trade Stitch even up for Shrek. ;) They wouldn't even have to change the first letter on the marques. :lol:
Let me see if I have this straight. You want Stitch in Universal Studios?

Keep that up and civility might go out the window. :box:

Reactions: Joel and Mike S
I knew I'd get a rush on that. But when the thought popped up in my mind, since both attractions get so much grief, I couldn't pass it up. The outlandish thought and laugh of the day. :lol:
Honestly, if Shrek is the worst attraction in a park, it's not that bad of a park. Shrek definitely deserves better, but it's still not as bad as people make it to be.