Wreck-it Ralph Ride to replace Stitch's Great Escape? | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Wreck-it Ralph Ride to replace Stitch's Great Escape?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I like Wreck it Ralph as a movie but it does not belong in Tomorrowland, especially this one where its arcade was literally walled off for no apparent reason in the building that was once called the Tomorrowland Power and Light Co and unless it has changed since the last time I really paid attention now just says Video Arcade. I would also be worried about Disney changing the ride system to the one mentioned above as I think it might require more space and I wouldn't want them to possibly damage the Peoplemover track.

It's funny that people aren't aware of the two theatres, as that actually dates back to Disneyland on its opening day. Rocket to the Moon had two theatres, and MK copied that for their Flight to the Moon in 1972. It's been that way forever. Until Disneyland, of course for no damn good reason during it into an effin pizza restaurant. :angry:

Reactions: Nick
It's funny that people aren't aware of the two theatres, as that actually dates back to Disneyland on its opening day. Rocket to the Moon had two theatres, and MK copied that for their Flight to the Moon in 1972. It's been that way forever. Until Disneyland, of course for no damn good reason during it into an effin pizza restaurant. :angry:
Blame Dean Martin.

When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie, That's Amore.

Last edited:
I like Wreck it Ralph as a movie but it does not belong in Tomorrowland, especially this one where its arcade was literally walled off for no apparent reason in the building that was once called the Tomorrowland Power and Light Co and unless it has changed since the last time I really paid attention now just says Video Arcade. I would also be worried about Disney changing the ride system to the one mentioned above as I think it might require more space and I wouldn't want them to possibly damage the Peoplemover track.
I agree as i've said that WIR doesn't belong in TL (it's more of a DHS property if you ask me), but the ride is video game based and there was a game called "Hero's Duty" in the movie which *looked* slightly futuristic.

The story could be that instead of playing the game, we are stepping inside of it (which is sort of future-y). It's a VERY, VERY loose fit, but if the story/theme is it right it could fit.

Honestly, if Shrek is the worst attraction in a park, it's not that bad of a park. Shrek definitely deserves better, but it's still not as bad as people make it to be.
Yes, I agree. As I've said many a time, I like Shrek, especially the pre show. And the Donkey/Shrek M&G is so hilarious I really look at it as a show. I can never understand the hate for Shrek. Yes, maybe they should update the film, but as a tourist that's only going to see it once a trip, it's fun & enjoyable.....My comments on the trade of attractions was just playing around and having a bit of fun with the subjects. :)

I agree as i've said that WIR doesn't belong in TL (it's more of a DHS property if you ask me), but the ride is video game based and there was a game called "Hero's Duty" in the movie which *looked* slightly futuristic.

The story could be that instead of playing the game, we are stepping inside of it (which is sort of future-y). It's a VERY, VERY loose fit, but if the story/theme is it right it could fit.

If they were to frame it that way (i.e. some wild sci-fi process allowing us to jump into the game, TRON-style), the fit will not be horrendously jarring (only mildly jarring!). If, however, the storyline is a context-less thing where we're just taking a couple laps around a "Sugar Rush" course, that will be unacceptable.

Reactions: Nick and Mike S
With the moving theater set-up, it would be awesome if they used the film "Tomorrowland" as a basis. They could program different tours of the city and sequence it like Star Tours. "Tomorrowland" in Tomorrowland.

I think that was Dean Martin. Although, Sinatra may also done the song. Dean is the usual version everyone hears.

Nothing worse than a dang know-it-all.
Yes. And he also did Volare...We hear both of those quite often, sung by the excellent Italian singers on the balcony overlooking Portofino Bay Hotel's Main Piazza.

Reactions: Mike S and SkiBum
Isn't the version of Tomorrowland at DLP called Discoveryland? I feel like Disney would be best off to just go ahead and officially change the name of the land to something similar. At least then they wouldn't have to worry about a) trying to shoehorn attractions in that don't fit and b) us fanboys complaining about said shoehorning.

Reactions: Mad Dog
You are correct.

Off topic but I had to listen to my Dean Martin's Greatest Hits cd on the way in to work. Yes, I still use cd's. After listening to "It's Amore", I found myself craving Olive Garden or pizza. Back to topic.

Does it seem like Disney is losing focus on themes? The rumored Guardians ride being shoehorned into EPCOT and Frozen taking over Maelstrom. Now this rumor. I mean, does theme matter anymore or not? I don't usually get too worked up about stuff but this one grates a little on the nerves. They could do another space ride. Make a ride about the future. Tour the oceans in futuristic submarine. So many possibilities and they are trying to cheat. Why not put a Zootopia ride in Adventureland at this point? Oh, go ahead and retheme the Jungle Cruise to Zootopia. That makes as much sense.

Reactions: Mike S and Mad Dog
Off topic but I had to listen to my Dean Martin's Greatest Hits cd on the way in to work. Yes, I still use cd's. After listening to "It's Amore", I found myself craving Olive Garden or pizza. Back to topic.

Does it seem like Disney is losing focus on themes? The rumored Guardians ride being shoehorned into EPCOT and Frozen taking over Maelstrom. Now this rumor. I mean, does theme matter anymore or not? I don't usually get too worked up about stuff but this one grates a little on the nerves. They could do another space ride. Make a ride about the future. Tour the oceans in futuristic submarine. So many possibilities and they are trying to cheat. Why not put a Zootopia ride in Adventureland at this point? Oh, go ahead and retheme the Jungle Cruise to Zootopia. That makes as much sense.
When I hear that music, I immediately crave pizza from Sal's, sitting on the Portofino Piazza with a glass of wine, and the Italian singers on the balcony...One of the times I went to Portofino, as a You Too Gold member, our welcoming packet included a CD of classic Italian music sung by famous classical singers. We play it at home often, accompanied by a glass of wine, as we discuss our next Universal trip.

I just noticed they are playing radio ads now for USH in Orlando. The focus seems to be on this being "the year" to visit and plays Harry Potter music in the background. This seems really strange to me, I can't imagine many people here planning a trip across the country to go see what we already have here aside from those of us who are hard core theme park fans.

Stitch already has 2 theatres so I assume they would put the system into both existing theatres as this would be a much higher demand ride than Stitch currently is.

EDIT: Here's a look at the Stitch/Cosmic Rays location. Notice the 2 theatres.
r-1416085593-AlienEncounter1.JPG

Darn it. I didn't know that it already had two theaters, either. That is a lot of space to the side. I'm guessing that is the quick service restaurant. Thank you for this view.

Not to :horse:, I also never knew about the second theater.

Let me see if I have this straight. You want Stitch in Universal Studios?

Keep that up and civility might go out the window. :box:

I knew I'd get a rush on that. But when the thought popped up in my mind, since both attractions get so much grief, I couldn't pass it up. The outlandish thought and laugh of the day. :lol:

I wouldn't mind if this was stuck somewhere in Universal.. ONLY if they turned it into a Universal Monsters attraction and had this be the year-round poop-your brains out scary/haunt ride.

I never thought I'd see the day where some ppl are defending Stitch's Great Escape, but here we are!

Yeah I'd like a futuristic, non-IP attraction. But I would also really, really like the worst attraction in WDW to vamoose. So for me it's a wash, just let it happen.

For me, yeah Wreck It Ralph is a bit of a odd IP to put into Tomorrowland...but then again the exact same thing can be said about Monsters Inc yet there it is.

Also, I'll give a WiR ride a shot. An' if it turns out decent, that alone will be a massive upgrade to what's already there. SGE is my personal worst attraction at WDW, and the only way I'd be stepping foot back into that building again is if it's a compleately different thing, or if there's a sudden Hurricane and that can be used as a shelter.

So bring it on, those poor AA's have been wasted for far too long, might as well put them out of their misery.

Reactions: Mike S
The Imagineers could certainly find a way to make WRECK-IT RALPH feel like it kinda, sorta belongs in Tomorrowland... if they're allowed to do such a thing.

I could envision a story where you have guests entering what is meant to be an open house/public demonstration of the latest bit of entertainment technology, some kind of extremely futuristic, Ultra-VR process. In the midst of the demonstration, instead of pulling us into a game, the technology pulls Ralph out into the real world (in an elaborate pre-show with a Ralph AA figure), and the rest of the attraction then involves the guests helping get Ralph back where he belongs, which necessitates us going into the game(s) with him (insert plot reason here).

It wouldn't be a completely smooth fit, but it wouldn't be the most offensively theme-breaking attraction they've installed, either.