Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Zootopia (SDL)

Mind me asking your sources?

Not at all.

There are more than enough insiders repeating it over on Magic, it doesn't originate with me. GiveMetheMusic, Magic Feather and TheVisionarySoul all have commented on this project back in September, which has obviously held up.

They tend not to be the big flashy names if you aren't following the site too frequently, but the origins of Mission breakout (and Runaway Railways for DL) fall with GiveMetheMusic.

Couple of links if you are interested in following:

Rumor: Zootopia Coming To Shainghai | Page 2 | WDWMAGIC - Unofficial Walt Disney World discussion forums

Re-affirmation yesterday buried in a Disneyland topic:
The Miscellaneous Thought Thread | Page 95 | WDWMAGIC - Unofficial Walt Disney World discussion forums
The Miscellaneous Thought Thread | Page 96 | WDWMAGIC - Unofficial Walt Disney World discussion forums

Disney & More has a Shanghi update. I always take what I read on that site as interesting but not necessarily fact but a few key points from the article:
  • Location of land
  • Ride potentially themed to monorail cars using combination of Kong tunnel tech and animatronic dark ride
  • Marvel land and possibly Star Wars land planned for park 2 in 2029
Capture%2Bd%25E2%2580%2599e%25CC%2581cran%2B2019-05-26%2Ba%25CC%2580%2B16.33.51.jpg

<!--Can't find substitution for tag [blog.Disneyandmore]-->

Based on the lack of success Star Wars has had in China I find it highly doubtful we will ever see Star Wars attractions in a Chinese park.

It doesn't;t belong in AK, since its basically humans dressed as animals. If anything it would be better as a Fanasyland or Studios attraction. (Or knowing Disney nowdays, somehow pushed into World Showcase - LOL)
Rad but is it rumored for Orlando or speculated?

Considering Zootopia merch sales at SHDL vs domestic parks, I'd say it looks like a Shanghai-exclusive for now.

I'm sure if there's a ride worth cloning that might make the trip over, but i'd say it's doubtful the land as a whole gets cloned.

From what I've read it's not much of a 'land', just a street leading up to a big e-ticket.

I'd say the performance of Zootopia 2 (Nov 2021) will point to it being cloned or not.

Either way I'm hoping to see some leaked plans soon!

From what I've read it's not much of a 'land', just a street leading up to a big e-ticket.

I'd say the performance of Zootopia 2 (Nov 2021) will point to it being cloned or not.

Either way I'm hoping to see some leaked plans soon!
I wonder what ride system the E-ticket will be using and if it will be something new or what it'll ultimately be.

ya do we have any idea whatsoever is what the ride is going to be other than that its an E ticket?
apparently one will be the train sequence from the film using Kong esque screens, but were not sure if that’s transportation to the actual land or an attraction within the land

I wonder what ride system the E-ticket will be using and if it will be something new or what it'll ultimately be.

Well I don't usually post Vlogger videos but based on how believable this guy was with the Epcot Cherry Tree Lane attraction I'd say what he says sounds like it could be true...

So basically IDJA ride vehicles, Runaway Railway image technology and something more advanced than King Kong... potentially amazing!

Still no projected opening date for this?

Was going to get out to Shanghai to finally visit SDL next year, but with visiting 10 new countries already on the books for 2020, I couldn’t squeeze it in. So made the decision to push it to October 2021 to hit the new Universal Beijing park. Would be great to time this up as well.

Well I don't usually post Vlogger videos but based on how believable this guy was with the Epcot Cherry Tree Lane attraction I'd say what he says sounds like it could be true...

So basically IDJA ride vehicles, Runaway Railway image technology and something more advanced than King Kong... potentially amazing!

Ride should be pretty impressive, but not this.