HHN 32 Construction Thread | Page 20 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 32 Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hey y'all. I'm back with more lighting design!
Vamp '69 contains a classic Xenon Trouper (seen below), which is the spotlight that inspired the song Super Trouper.
Vamp '69 Trouper
However, AFAIK, there is no real scare-actor access to the Spotlight Stand. That's where the fixture hung from the platform fits. The fixture is another ellipsoidal, albeit one with a 10 degree lens. This would pull a tight beam (not unlike a spotlight) on the performers at Music Fest '69, without requiring a live spot technician to stand up there.

On the other hand, as I've not seen the fixture in person, the spotlight could be physically used, and the ellipsoidal below could be to light up the Oddfellow Symbol on the back curtain of the main stage.

See y'all in the fog!​
Will there actually be performers on the stage? Or just scare actors milling about the area?

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
I really, really like that design so I'm good with it.

Plus I'm staying at Cabana 2x during the event, so I'll definitely grab a drink or two there in reverence to the Pumpkin Lawd.
Yeah, it's not a make or break part of the event for me, so I don't mind recycled designs. Just couldn't tell if I was having deja vu or not. Hope they bring back the fall bar crawl with it. Really want to try that this year!

the Shipyard SZ looks very lackluster, hopefully they add more
Jumping back to this real quick. I went to the parks briefly yesterday afternoon for the first time since construction started and after feeling somewhat similarly, it's worth noting that in person, that area feels pretty packed at this point. Like others have mentioned, that area is limited in how much they can fit, but it really felt fleshed out in person. Whether it'll translate to a good SZ is a totally different question though lol.

Jumping back to this real quick. I went to the parks briefly yesterday afternoon for the first time since construction started and after feeling somewhat similarly, it's worth noting that in person, that area feels pretty packed at this point. Like others have mentioned, that area is limited in how much they can fit, but it really felt fleshed out in person. Whether it'll translate to a good SZ is a totally different question though lol.
That’s great to hear! There’s some limited space but the past years have managed to pack in a lot of stuff; mainly Conjure the Dark,CryptTv and Hellbilly Deluxe.
Could be the fact that the props are just crates, but what else could you ask for in a shipyard?

That’s great to hear! There’s some limited space but the past years have managed to pack in a lot of stuff; mainly Conjure the Dark,CryptTv and Hellbilly Deluxe.
Could be the fact that the props are just crates, but what else could you ask for in a shipyard?
Yeah, I think the lack of a dramatic looking stage makes the zone seem smaller this year in pictures, but IMO, those stages led to some wicked bad bottlenecks in an already congested zone, so I'm pretty happy with the current layout tbh.