CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread | Page 119 | Inside Universal Forums

CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If you’re referring to last years dead coconut and the holiday/Mardi Gras versions, those DJ’s were different

The genre still might not be your cup of tea, but they recently started with the new DJ’s in June of this year. They’re mostly guys that used to play The Groove and Latin Quarter

It's not the genre.
Sometimes they play music that people can't dance to lol.
I went a couple of times 2 months ago and even everyone in the crowd had trouble dancing to some songs. Not every song. But, you could see the crowd slowing down depending on the songs

It's not the genre.
Sometimes they play music that people can't dance to lol.
I went a couple of times 2 months ago and even everyone in the crowd had trouble dancing to some songs. Not every song. But, you could see the crowd slowing down depending on the songs
I'll check of my Dutch buddies Martin Garrix, Hardwell or Armin van Buuren have time for a spin, if not I can ask Tiësto or is he passe?

• Haha
Reactions: Jwhee
Can confirm no special menu, also no live music, just BGM until the DJ picks up at 9
Woof. Guess they ran the numbers last year and figured it wasn’t worth the effort.

Hoping this doesn’t bode ill for Dead Coconut, or if it does that we replace it with something worth a damn.

Woof. Guess they ran the numbers last year and figured it wasn’t worth the effort.

Hoping this doesn’t bode ill for Dead Coconut, or if it does that we replace it with something worth a damn.

I heard Dead Coconut did very well this year, and that it had the largest budget out of the themed coconut clubs

It also is important to note that they now keep the venue open year round, even without a theme. But I hope the overlays continue, make it worth stopping in to

I’ll probably not make it in this season. The full overlay from the same folks who do the Tribute store guarantees I pop in each season. With my holidays so packed, I’m not going to go out of my way to schedule a night out now, because I live for the unique theming, not the regular club. But that’s me.

I’ll probably not make it in this season. The full overlay from the same folks who do the Tribute store guarantees I pop in each season. With my holidays so packed, I’m not going to go out of my way to schedule a night out now, because I live for the unique theming, not the regular club. But that’s me.
Same. My group tried every specialty cocktail last time so they’re missing out on a couple hundred bucks ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reactions: tankart150
This is a massive disappointment. The Coconut overlays were perhaps the best additions in the last few years. I know I’m an outlier on this, but it really feels to me like another sign of Universal moving in the wrong direction. The fact that Uni did such an incredible job with the “small” stuff - the Tribute Store, Coconut Club, etc - was tremendously reassuring as they badly bobbled some of the “big” stuff - Minions Blast, maintenance, etc. Quite frankly, the “small” stuff was what made Uni continue to feel special. If they decide “small” stuff isn’t worth it anymore…

This is a massive disappointment. The Coconut overlays were perhaps the best additions in the last few years. I know I’m an outlier on this, but it really feels to me like another sign of Universal moving in the wrong direction. The fact that Uni did such an incredible job with the “small” stuff - the Tribute Store, Coconut Club, etc - was tremendously reassuring as they badly bobbled some of the “big” stuff - Minions Blast, maintenance, etc. Quite frankly, the “small” stuff was what made Uni continue to feel special. If they decide “small” stuff isn’t worth it anymore…
I know it’s been a joke, but there may be some truth to it. The budget could have gone to the MCO store overlay instead this year.

I know it’s been a joke, but there may be some truth to it. The budget could have gone to the MCO store overlay instead this year.

The demand wasn't there for other seasonal Coco Clubs like Horror Nights (which is why the rumored Summer version never happened) so budgets were allocated differently. Not everything is so "black and white"...

The demand wasn't there for other seasonal Coco Clubs like Horror Nights (which is why the rumored Summer version never happened) so budgets were allocated differently. Not everything is so "black and white"...

Also there was recently some shifts in leadership at CityWalk, but I do not think this is a complete end of the themed Coconuts. I hope we will see a loose Mardi Gras theme, loose CityWalk 25th Anniversary theme over the summer, and then back to the full blown Dead Coconut. All while staying open as regular Coconut in the meantime

Last edited:
Also there was recently a fairly large shakeup in CityWalk management, but I do not think this is a complete end of the themed Coconuts. I imagine we will see a loose Mardi Gras theme, loose CityWalk 25th Anniversary theme over the summer, and then back to the full blown Dead Coconut. All while staying open as regular Coconut in the meantime
I’m glad that regular Coconut is doing well. And I think this is the best way forward if that’s the case. As much as I love the heavily themed seasonal overlays, obviously Dead Coconut is the best and most well attended so I’ll be happy if at least that sticks around in its full glory.

But also, I do hope Pride nights return in June too!

I’m glad that regular Coconut is doing well. And I think this is the best way forward if that’s the case. As much as I love the heavily themed seasonal overlays, obviously Dead Coconut is the best and most well attended so I’ll be happy if at least that sticks around in its full glory.

But also, I do hope Pride nights return in June too!
I think The Coconut is doing very well with corporate buy-outs, and Universal gets a lot of blow back when they close one of the themed Coconuts for buy-outs. With office Christmas Party season upon us, I think Universal looked at their options, and decided to save money on themeing and make what they can on parties.