Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN XX: Most Anticipated Scarezone

Which zones are you looking forward to most? (Pick 2)

• The Coven

Votes: 6 9.1%
  • Saws 'n Steam

Votes: 25 37.9%
  • Esqueleto Muerte

Votes: 9 13.6%
  • Zombie Gras

Votes: 17 25.8%
  • XX - Fear Revealed

Votes: 25 37.9%
  • HHN - 20 Years of Fear

Votes: 27 40.9%

• Total voters
I'm REALLY excited to see ALL scarezones this year and they each have something interesting. There's really not a single one that I'm not interested in experiencing! Anyways, this is my rank if we HAVE to pick them appart:

1. HHN - 20 Years of Fear - I'm really eager to see the characters from the past! (Especially since I've only been to the last two events)
2. XX - Fear Revealed - I thought this would be an arrival show, but I guess not! I'm really excited to see old icons, Fear himself and what they make of this SZ.
3. The Coven - Sounds very gothic and very cool. I get a vampire feel from this, but I'm not sure.
4. Zombie Gras - Very original and the use of the floats will be interesting to see.
5. Esqueleto Muerte - This has a lot of potential for disappointment. It would be great if done indoors with black lights. Outdoors, I'm not sure...
6. Saws 'n Steam - This is ranked last only because I know what to expect and it will be the least "creative" of the SZs, but I'm really excited to see it nonetheless! If done right, the steam will be very cool, but it could also turn out to be really weak...

Last edited:
Saws 'n Steam because you can never go wrong with chainsaws, I mean its an HHN tradition. I also picked XX-Fear Revealed because I really want to see if he will actually be in the Scarezone. Zombie Gras is a close third.

I think Coven and Saws and Steam, but I definately won't be able to get my wife through that zone cause she absolutely HATES chainsaws

I'm changing my votes here:

1. Saws and Steam
2. XX: Revealed
3. 20 years
4. Esqueleto
5. Zombie Gras

:lol:

Oops, but yea it would be last now. :lol:

I know I haven't seen any of the props yet, but I just feel that it will be simple trees and such and not the same themeing WOTLD had last year.

I was really hoping Coven would start at Mel's and run through the pumpkin forest, the vibe through the trees would have been awesome -- so I had it in my top two with Saws n' Steam. Now that it's in Shrek alley most likely, I'm not as excited for it...... but still looking forward to it since it has the purest "Halloween" theme of anything at HHN this year.

Its confirmed for Shrek Alley, but it woud have worked much much better in Central Park...I really don't understand why they avoid putting a scarezone there, it works perfectly.

Damn! I was super excited for The Coven because I had assumed it was going to be on the pumpkin path. How cool would that have been? I still wish that they could do a Trick 'r' Treat (the movie, not the tradition) sz or house. I mean, if they can have Cirque, why not a BA Halloween movie like Trick 'r' Treat.

Anyways, back to topic:

1. HHN: XX years of Fear
2. HHN XX: Fear Revealed
3. The Coven (love witch themed stuff)
4. Saws n' Steam (love steampunk, not so big on chainsaw zones)
5. Esquelto Muerte
6. Zombie Gras

6. Saws 'n Steam - This is ranked last only because I know what to expect and it will be the least "creative" of the SZs, but I'm really excited to see it nonetheless! If done right, the steam will be very cool, but it could also turn out to be really weak...

Scratch that!! After seeing street construction pics, I cannot call S&S "not creative!" And we're only seeing the beginning of construction AND in the day time! Seriously, everything is looking SO spectacular and grand! Scratch my whole ranking!!

I'm really intrigued to check out HHN - 20 YoF and XX - FR because I'm excited to see all the iconic things I've missed in years past when I did not attend, but then again I'm SO MUCH looking forward to check out the new, super creative and bigger-than-ever scarezones! Now I honestly can't say that I'm looking forward to seeing one SZ more than another :p It's looking like they're going all out and all SZs are going to be better than ever before. All there is to do now is wait!

I'm TOO excited :p

Scratch that!! After seeing street construction pics, I cannot call S&S "not creative!" And we're only seeing the beginning of construction AND in the day time! Seriously, everything is looking SO spectacular and grand! Scratch my whole ranking!!

I'm really intrigued to check out HHN - 20 YoF and XX - FR because I'm excited to see all the iconic things I've missed in years past when I did not attend, but then again I'm SO MUCH looking forward to check out the new, super creative and bigger-than-ever scarezones! Now I honestly can't say that I'm looking forward to seeing one SZ more than another :p It's looking like they're going all out and all SZs are going to be better than ever before. All there is to do now is wait!

I'm TOO excited :p

:lol: I couldn't agree with you more, on everything. I actually had Saws 'n Steam in my top two when voting, and it's actually exceeded what I expected even. But beyond that - EVERYTHING is looking epic.

So giant, quick question since you are in this zone.

Where does it start and where does it end?

My guess based on pictures is that its starts just past the mummy and includes Sting Alley and the surrounding NY streets, but I'm dying to see a map already.

So giant, quick question since you are in this zone.

Where does it start and where does it end?

I'm not really sure how much I can post because there is a surprise in store...but I think I can saw that this zone is quite large and we are everywhere....since there's props in the alley I can say that that is a big part of our zone...I know I'm in this zone but I honestly think that this is the most creative scarezone that Universal's ever done...we have a big back story and there's so many layers to the story that will be revealed when the event starts :)

I'm not really sure how much I can post because there is a surprise in store...but I think I can saw that this zone is quite large and we are everywhere....since there's props in the alley I can say that that is a big part of our zone...I know I'm in this zone but I honestly think that this is the most creative scarezone that Universal's ever done...we have a big back story and there's so many layers to the story that will be revealed when the event starts :)

Please tell me the surprise includes some of the zone being inside of Nazermans and an unofficial 9th house? :lol:

That's awesome giant! Thanks for the teaser with no spoilers, I can't wait to see what's in store...