Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN XX: Most Anticipated House

Which houses are you looking forward to most? (Pick 3)

• Catacombs - Black Death Rising

Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Hades - The Gates of Ruin

Votes: 28 35.4%
  • Horror Nights - The Hallow'd Past

Votes: 48 60.8%
  • Havoc - Dogs of War

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • ZombieGeddon

Votes: 9 11.4%
  • Legendary Truth - The Wyandot Estate

Votes: 35 44.3%
  • PsychoScareapy - Echoes of Shadybrook

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • The Orfanage - Ashes to Ashes

Votes: 19 24.1%

• Total voters
I think they said that during the conference call there was one...just "its not the one you think".
Or at least thats what I've heard

They said there was a house with a humor element and that it wasn't the one you thought, which I took as a reference to Psychoscarepy having had humorous elements before and that it wouldn't have them this year. In the second call the confirmed that Psychoscarepy was serious and that Zombiegeddon had a humorous beginning and serious end. I think that Zombiegeddon is the closest we will get to a humor house.

If you ask me, I'm starting to think that the only "humor" house will be Zombiegeddon, which is said to be humorous and then scary. I don't think they'd have 1 and a half houses be humorous. They said in the first call that one house would have a humor element, and I'm betting that all of the houses are serious except the beginning of Zombiegeddon.

I thought they confirmed in the second conference call that it was not Zombiegeddon.

I thought they confirmed in the second conference call that it was not Zombiegeddon.

No, it's not confirmed, people are just twisting it stupidly. Patrick says in the conference call he has never seen a house turn like Zombiegeddon. So while it may start off funny, it will be scary by the end, which is a notion I can dig.

No, it's not confirmed, people are just twisting it stupidly. Patrick says in the conference call he has never seen a house turn like Zombiegeddon. So while it may start off funny, it will be scary by the end, which is a notion I can dig.

I interpreted it as him was saying that to point out that ZombieGeddon is not the humor house, that you might think it's funny at first but it gets serious real fast, so it's not the humor house :shrug: Meh... we'll find out in a few more days... Let's not get out panties in a bunch over this.

The thing I noticed about the call was that he flat-out denied Psychoscarepy as the humor house, but when asked about Zombiegeddon being the humor house, he side-stepped it saying that it starts out funny and then turns serious and scary. To me that says that this is the humor house, but he doesn't want to come out and say it's a "funny" house. This is Halloween Horror Nights and it is "Fear's" year. They want to hype horror, not comedy.

The thing I noticed about the call was that he flat-out denied Psychoscarepy as the humor house, but when asked about Zombiegeddon being the humor house, he side-stepped it saying that it starts out funny and then turns serious and scary. To me that says that this is the humor house, but he doesn't want to come out and say it's a "funny" house. This is Halloween Horror Nights and it is "Fear's" year. They want to hype horror, not comedy.

Yeah, that could definitely be the case. They're being so vague to avoid spoiling the event that we won't really know until we see it :p But you got a valid point there.

Honestly, I'm only looking forward to 4 houses: The SS houses, and Hallow'd Past. The rest of them don't really interest me. I'll go through them, and that actually might be a much better idea seeing as how I'll have no expectations from them, but I'd skip them if they had a long enough wait.

But there's so many factors as to what makes a good house, Vince. Last year I thought Wolfman was really an amazingly decorated house and the praise stops there because I got zero, yes zero, scares. Sometimes the timing is off and your experience can be better at a tent or queue house than one in a SS. Plus, judging from what little we've seen, they're going ALL OUT this year, so I bet each and every house will be an amazing experience :thumbs: Keep your low expectations for those houses so you can be blown away (hopefully), but don't skip 'em!

I know, I know but I'm just saying, I was a bit more invested in the themes of the houses from last and previous years. The 4 I mentioned have me interested as hell, but the others? Ehhh.

Actually, I totally forgot about Catacombs. That's gonna be a good one.

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to Catacombs! Especially after seeing the SA concepts on that pic with the prosthetics guy. Wouldn't it be cool if the scareactors jumped at us and yelled things in French? :lol: I think that would be more disorienting and fun XD

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm really looking forward to Catacombs! Especially after seeing the SA concepts on that pic with the prosthetics guy. Wouldn't it be cool if the scareactors jumped at us and yelled things in French? :lol: I think that would be more disorienting and fun XD

Haha, they could totally get away with cursing us out in French!

(I only voted for 1 so my other 2 votes didn't show up)

My most anticipated are:

1. Horror Nights - The Hallow'd Past
2. Legendary Truth - The Wyandot Estate
3. Havoc - Dogs of War

(Descending order)
3. Horror Nights: The Hallow'd Past - I've been attending since HHN X, and I'm almost certain that this house is gonna be amazing. I'm just so displeased by tribute houses in the past (minus ST3), that I cannot rank this house any higher than #3.

2. Hades: Gates of Ruin - Love Greek mythology, love the hype of this house. Aiello said this house is gonna be huge. I'm hoping so.

1. Legendary Truth: The Wyandot Estate - Ghosts scare the s**t out of me.

I really can't wait for Hallow'd Past after hearing some of these reviews...plus I love old characters. Can someone give me a full spoiled review of this house? Like PM me or something?

:lol:

I don't mind reading reviews, but I would have to read FULL spoilers, I'll peak at something here and there but I wouldn't want to completely spoil the fun :lol:

I want to get scared

now my most anticipated are (after some reviews)
1. ZombieGeddon
2. LT
3. Hades
4. Hallow'd past
5. catacombs
6. havoc
7. Orfanage (I really enjoyed the Skoolhouse at 08)
8. Psychoscarapy