Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights XX: Twenty Years of Fear

Can't believe it's the last night already. For anyone else going out there tonight, enjoy! Get in your last runs of HHN XX. Be safe everyone.

So I saw some others agree and comment on this as well...

Its kind of a bummer that there were no references to Psycho at all. Being oneof Universal's highest grossing horror movies and one of their highest grossing movies in general, having history with the event since year one at fright nights and the 50th annivasary of the movie happening...dissapointing to see someone who has been featured at more HHNs than Jack over the last 20 years not be anywhere for the 20 years of fear.

Its kind of a bummer that there were no references to Psycho at all. Being oneof Universal's highest grossing horror movies and one of their highest grossing movies in general, having history with the event since year one at fright nights and the 50th annivasary of the movie happening...dissapointing to see someone who has been featured at more HHNs than Jack over the last 20 years not be anywhere for the 20 years of fear.

I felt Norman Bates & the GIMP from People Under the Stairs needed to appear in Twenty Years of Fear rather than another 2009 character - they've had quite a history with the event. The lack of a shower scene in Hallow'd Past was criminal.

I do have to agree with everyone here. I loved Hallow'd Past, don't get me wrong, but the house could really have been a longer house like originally rumored with scenes from some of HHN's best houses, I would've loved to have seen Scream House, the original Dungeon of Terror, PUTS, and Psycho also get a room.

The two Dead Exposure rooms was unnecessary.

Most of the house really was. That house especially(and alot of the event) focused too much on the last 10 years rather than the last 20,and most of that part of the last 10 were icons.

Norman Bates was overlooked big time. He is THE character of Universal's horror legacy outside of the classic monsters. 50 years old this year,blu ray release and a bigger part of the event's history than any other character featured. Not even a shower curtain scene in hallow'd past or evena shower curtain hanging with a Norman Bates actor roaming 20 years of fear...seriously.

Wow, Bill and Ted's final show was epic... It was so rocky horror-esk.

I want to know who did NOT take photos AFTER the finale? lol (I was a good boy and didn't take any photos BEFORE the encore speech)

we'll folks we have about 11 1/2 months to worry now. I loved all the houses!! but i do agree that they should have put some hitchcock into it!!

I'm with you 100% on this. I'm really disappointed Norman Bates didn't make an appearance. Every time I heard the Psycho theme being played in the '20 Years of Fear' zone, I instinctively looked around for him --- and he was never there :(

The two Dead Exposure rooms was unnecessary.

Exactly. Especially considering they weren't even two different scenes from Dead Exposure -- just two identical rooms.

In other news ---- tonight was freakin' PACKED. So much for "Halloween is one of the slowest nights". Saturday night (Oct. 30) was one of the slowest nights I've seen, however. Probably no doubt due to Halloween parties happening pretty much everywhere.

I was sad, as usual, to see the end of HHN tonight. But I overall I absolutely loved HHN XX and had a great time hanging with so many fun people to experience it with --- BriMan, Drew, Ralph(outloud), Kevin, FGCUSabre (James)..... good times, can't wait for HHN 21!! Good night Halloween!!!

Last edited:
Most of the house really was. That house especially(and alot of the event) focused too much on the last 10 years rather than the last 20,and most of that part of the last 10 were icons.

As much as I wanted to like Hallow'd Past, I just couldn't. It was cool to look at but I've been to HHN 18 and all that house was, was HHN 18 rolled into one. The Frightanic room was so small and was just like a transition. Dead Exposure rooms were awful. Treaks and Foons was just lame. Scary Tales was cool and so was Body Collectors. The rest was just very eh. Cool to see the old props, but how about OLD houses? Disappointed.

And yes. Tonight was miserable. I got there at about 8:30pm and it was just chaos. Orfanage was at 90, Hallow'd and Catacombs were at 45 and everything else was at about 60. The lines died down a bit but Saturday was definitely the night to go.

Overall. Another HHN in the books, another year of complete success. I didn't particularly HATE any house at all. Hallow'd Past is last on my list but it wasn't horrible, I was just let down.

I'll be back in New York on Tuesday and I'll post my pictures.

I was absolutely shocked at the crowd. Since Halloween in on a Mon. next year, I'm guessing the last Sunday will go back to being dead. It was very anticlimactic for me because for the last two years I was used to going through my favorite houses pretty much alone just before closing. No such luck this time, although we did manage to be the last people through on the very last set of my beloved Catacombs.

So, any special show of the icons?

From what I've been told, no.

In other news, apparently Havoc won House of the Year and 20 Years of Year won Scarezone of the Year. Congrats to both houses and their casts! I can't say I agree with either choice though based off of my opening night runs.

In other news, apparently Havoc won House of the Year and 20 Years of Year won Scarezone of the Year. Congrats to both houses and their casts! I can't say I agree with either choice though based off of my opening night runs.

Well that's the thing about opening night. Things change so much over the course of the event. I'd give 20 years the nod for street of the year, but not Havoc for house even though it was quite intense.

Well that's the thing about opening night. Things change so much over the course of the event. I'd give 20 years the nod for street of the year, but not Havoc for house even though it was quite intense.

Agreed, hence the opening night being thrown in. From the reviews I had read from those who had gone multiple nights, I still didn't expect the choices though.

I was absolutely shocked at the crowd. Since Halloween in on a Mon. next year, I'm guessing the last Sunday will go back to being dead. It was very anticlimactic for me because for the last two years I was used to going through my favorite houses pretty much alone just before closing. No such luck this time, although we did manage to be the last people through on the very last set of my beloved Catacombs.

I totally agree. I was there last night as well and was pretty disappointed at the amount of people, having heard Halloween was slow. Only got to 6 houses and no shows. :doh:

Anyway, my group all liked Hallow'd Past the best and Hades the least (although it was still good). Missed Pyschoscareapy and Havoc. Looking forward to seeing what they'll do with next year.

I'm surprised House of the Year is Havoc - even though I've said from the beginning that this was the sleeper hit. I was least excited for it, but it ended up being probably # 5 thanks to the intensity.

Hades was by far the best this year IMO.