Universal Studios Singapore General Discussion | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Studios Singapore General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Commercial for the ride:

[video=youtube;fe57AsBrJaE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fe57AsBrJaE&feature=feedu[/video]

More details from @dejiki (MINOR SPOILERS):

All the robots in the ride are projections except for the dead megatron at the end.

no moving props like spiderman, just lights, fog, wind and water. No fire for the large explosion (just a vent blowing hot air)

Before anyone freaks out, I'm not convinced that that'll be the case for the Hollywood ride or even the eventual Florida one. If I'm not mistaken, Singapore has very different laws as to what elements can be in an attraction (i.e., fire) and perhaps a more conservative budget (lack of AAs).

Before anyone freaks out, I'm not convinced that that'll be the case for the Hollywood ride or even the eventual Florida one. If I'm not mistaken, Singapore has very different laws as to what elements can be in an attraction (i.e., fire) and perhaps a more conservative budget (lack of AAs).

I hope you're right, man! I want to see some big robot AAs kickin butt!!!

This video shows a bit of the queue and preshow:

[video=youtube;yHbFDF-UHPI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHbFDF-UHPI&feature=channel_video_title[/video]

Anyone here a..... Sesame Street fan? :lol:

From Screamscape:

Late 2013 - 3 New Attractions and Resort Expansion - Planning - (2/7/12) I’m happy to report that the rumor mill is grinding full crank, squeezing out all kinds of juicy tidbits regarding the next ride project on the way to Universal Studios Singapore. From what I’m hearing the park is considering adding another dark ride to the park… one for the family guests however, that will feature a suspended ride system very similar in concept to the one used on the E.T. rides. While this all sounds good so far, I’m a little less than thrilled about the theme chosen… as it looks like they’ve locked on to a concept involving Elmo from Sesame Street.
....I’m really not sure how popular Elmo is in Singapore… though the Sesame Street characters are popular at Universal Studios Japan and were intended to go into the old Universal Studios Dubailand park as well. Honestly, if you go back and look at the promotional model they put on display when Universal Singapore was first announced, you’ll see a couple of Sesame Street characters in the model as well, so Sesame Street has been on their mind for some time it seems.
....That said... a previous statement from Resorts World indicated that three new attractions would be on the way to the park for 2013, two of which would be unique to the Singapore park. With new kiddie Sesame themed attractions on the way to Japan, I’m betting we could see a Sesame themed flat ride or two also installed as well to go with the dark ride.

^ I don't understand the Sesame St/Muppets ownership thing. Are the muppets on SS owned by SS and not the Muppets of the Disney Co.? Is Elmo present anywhere in Disney parks?

Disney does not own Sesame Street. I'm not sure about the theme park rights specifically, but the show, I believe, is owned by Sesame Workshop (formerly the Children's Television Workshop). They are present here in Sea World San Diego. Don't know about where else.

Disney does not own Sesame Street. I'm not sure about the theme park rights specifically, but the show, I believe, is owned by Sesame Workshop (formerly the Children's Television Workshop). They are present here in Sea World San Diego. Don't know about where else.

They've got a licensing deal with the Busch parks... Busch Gardens Tampa Bay has a Sesame Street Safari-themed area and a Sesame Street 4D show.

Well, Disney bought some part of the muppets, as I recall Henson died during the negotiations. But some of the mups on Disney property are SS characters... or are they not? Kermit existed before SS I believe. Interesting headache contracts are, especially in a corp buyout.

Obviously, SS characters are for sale in the correct and available markets which perhaps include Sin-GA-pehuuuur.

Well, Disney bought some part of the muppets, as I recall Henson died during the negotiations. But some of the mups on Disney property are SS characters... or are they not? Kermit existed before SS I believe. Interesting headache contracts are, especially in a corp buyout.

Obviously, SS characters are for sale in the correct and available markets which perhaps include Sin-GA-pehuuuur.

Disney owns the muppets known as The Muppets. So Kermit, Fozzie, Miss Piggy, Gonzo, etc. All other muppet characters, such as those on Sesame Street, are owned by other companies, in SS's case Sesame Workshop, as Jakemeister said. Henson was never willing to sell the Sesame Street characters to anyone besides Sesame Workshop, which almost made the deal in the 90's fall through earlier than it did.

I'm assuming that if this SS ride in Uni Singapore were to happen, it would just be a licensing thing, such as the one Busch has.