Universal Studios Singapore General Discussion | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Studios Singapore General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
^ Yup since one flew off the train in the morning test runs(Officially Unconfirmed) But it was said, "Higher than anticipated stress and vibration levels caused fatigue cracks to develop in a welded component on the ride's seat-post supports.The redesigned component will eliminate the weld entirely and will also be installed with additional strength-reinforcement parts."

Madagascar's problem was the boats were not navigating the channel correctly as the initial ride system was flawed in almost every way. This eliminated lift hills and drops from the attraction as well as new boats and changes to the channel. On top of that there was a large fire destroying several of the larger sets. The ride went way over budget because of this and is the main reason it was scaled back. And Jurassic Park seems to be having issues within its lift system and navigation of its chutes.

In short Universal needs to stay away from
Vekoma-Battlestar Galactica
Hafema-Madagascar and JP ride systems

Don't forget Maurer Sohne.:lol: I also read somewhere that they are now measuring tall guests. Riders over six feet have to ride in certain seats. I am not sure how accurate this is though.

^ Its still a huge let down though and I feel your pain. I am heading out to Disneyland and DCA for the first time in the next 6 weeks and both Pirates and California Screamin will be closed.
I have to say it was one of the more anticipated attractions at USS for me. I can't say it comes as a huge surprise that there are issues with the ride, I always thought it looked pretty awkward with rapids as opposed to the regular boat system. Sorry to hear that too :angry:

Last edited:
USS launched a new Transformers blog that will be updated with information about the ride. They also released a video. It is opening this December. This looks great.

[video=youtube;fXnCPoweWSw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=fXnCPoweWSw[/video]

Here is the link to the official Transformers: The Ride blog: http://tftheride.rwsentosablog.com/

Last edited:
Uhh anyone else notice the OTSR's on EVAC in the concept art?

Good eye! I didn't catch that. Considering that this is a 3D simulator, this is interesting. Could it have something to do with the elevators? :shrug:

From Screamscape:

2013 - 3 New Attractions and Resort Expansion - Planning - (9/6/11) I’ve heard a quiet rumor suggesting that Universal Singapore may be eyeballing the yet-to-open Soundstage 28 building near the front of the park as a possible home for a Simpsons ride. I’m not sure if this would be the same giant screen simulator style ride that we’ve seen in the US parks, or something else entirely, or if this is just wild talk. I know The Simpsons as branded characters were not deemed popular enough to bring to the Universal park in Japan, but according to our source The Simpsons are apparently bettern known in Singapore, ranking up there with the Family Guy and South Park characters. Anyone know more about what’s inside the Soundstage 28 building and if it is even big enough to support a copy of The Simpsons ride system?
(5/28/11) Resorts World Sentosa is projecting that Universal Studios Singpore will have up to 4 million visitors this next year, which will be boosted by the new Madagascar: A Crate Adventure as well as the confirmed opening of the Transformers ride in late 2011. They have also confirmed that three more brand new attractions for the park are on the way and will open in 2013. Details were not given, but they did confirm that two of the three attractions will be unique attractions to the Singapore park, which of course means that the third will be a copy of an attraction from one of the other existing parks. Any informed guesses out there as to what could be in the pipeline?

3 new attractions already? I'm impressed. The park right now is nearly a full day park, especially with Transformers opening in December, so this should really flesh it out even more.

TFTR_Preshow-AllSpark_Vault800w.jpg

BREAKING NEWS: TRANSFORMERS The Ride Premieres at Universal Studios Singapore® on December 3rd, 2011

AUTOBOTS, roll out! Come 3 December, Universal Studios Singapore will launch the world’s first theme park attraction based on Hasbro’s iconic TRANSFORMERS brand. Taking the TRANSFORMERS movie franchise from reel to reality, this motion thrill ride will showcase the most advanced evolution of immersive theme park entertainment.

TRANSFORMERS The Ride will celebrate its world premier at an exclusive evening event on 2 December. Michael Bay, director and executive producer of the immensely popular TRANSFORMERS blockbuster movies who also served as the attraction’s creative consultant, will be in attendance to help commemorate the occasion.

Mr. Michael Bay said: “I am very excited about the debut of this attraction at Universal Studios Singapore. Finally, TRANSFORMERS fans will not only have the chance to watch the AUTOBOTS battle the DECEPTICONS on screen; they’ll actually be part the action. ”

The breakthrough attraction will feature 12 scenes, comprising sets blended seamlessly with hyper-realistic 3-D digital media and special effects to bring tactile realism to every moment. Guests will be unable to discern illusion from reality as they get transported onboard advanced motion-based ride vehicles into the TRANSFORMERS universe, and partake in the ultimate 3D battle against the DECEPTICONS right alongside the AUTOBOTS.

Resorts World Sentosa (RWS) is confident that TRANSFORMERS The Ride will raise the bar for immersive ride experiences anywhere in the world and will be a game changer for theme park attractions, well-suited for the entire family. Mr. Tan Hee Teck, CEO of Resorts World Sentosa, said: “The world debut of TRANSFORMERS The Ride at Universal Studios Singapore exemplifies how Resorts World Sentosa has continued to build on its leading reputation as the number one destination resort in Asia. Hence, we are most thrilled to bring the milestone launch of this franchise here. Resorts World Sentosa transformed Singapore as its first integrated resort in 2010, and we will continue to bring in game changing attractions to the region.”

Enlisted as NEST recruits, guests are tasked to help the AUTOBOTS protect a remaining shard of the ALLSPARK – a powerful energy cube that gives life to the TRANSFORMERS. As the DECEPTICONS attack the facility in a bid to obtain the shard, guests will be introduced to a new AUTOBOT – EVAC – created exclusively for the ride.

New to the AUTOBOTS family, EVAC is a stealth transportation AUTOBOT stationed on Earth designed to transport personnel and classified materials at hyper speeds. For the ride, park guests will board EVAC and begin the ride of their lives, zipping through subway tunnels, down city streets and across rooftops, with the DECEPTICONS hot on their heels. Park guests, especially fans of TRANSFORMERS, will be thrilled as they come face-to-face – and be transported – by an AUTOBOT. This epic ride experience will allow guests the opportunity to truly “Ride The Movies™”.

Special year-end holiday packages for Universal Studios Singapore will be rolled out through the Resorts World Sentosa website and authorized travel agents. Guests signing up for these special packages will receive a TRANSFORMERS The Ride commemorative souvenir and express entry to the attraction. More details will be available at www.rwsentosa.com.

source: http://tftheride.rwsentosablog.com

Great read about Universal Studios Singapore's Halloween Horror Nights. It seems like it's a meld of classic Horror Nights and new age.

What especially intrigues me is when he is talking about the scarezone that is pretty much an outside house, etc, and he says it's short as in "5 to 8 minutes." That's the length of a Howl-O-Scream house which are known to be substantially longer than our houses. Which leads me to believe their haunted house is 10-15 minutes!!! Granted they do only have one.

http://dejiki.com/2011/10/halloween-horror-nights/

I say a week maybe two before we get some previews and reviews.