Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Bill and Ted Speculation: HHN 22

That's legitimately what I meant. If Universal has a REALLY strong year then they might have a decent Bill and Ted. I thought they were going in a new direction in 2009, I legitimately liked that show, but it seems that they're back in a similar rut.

Was that the year with the epic HellboyII plug?

Bill and Ted have been going down since they returned to USF with HHN 16. Granted their has been some good moments, but the overall shows are in the ruts. Hey, I think The Hanging over at Knots Scary Farm is stealing the best Theme Park Halloween Show.

They need this year to be the return of that trash talking, dirty joked-up, pushing copyright, balls-out comedy!

Last edited:
If you watch Bill and Ted: Hollywood the show is usually very similar, and will even have some of the same jokes. California has looser parody laws though, and if you'd like a real inclination of what the most recent Bill and Ted show entailed then watch those.

Yeap their shows the last couple of years have been much better than USF, but to me the one put on by Knotts Berry Farm was very good last year too.

I always go back to what 2009 (I think that is when Avatar came out) That there was no Mention of the film. How do you not mention the biggest film of all times in a parody show? I hope with it being an election year it will be a better show. The last 3 years have truly been sad and yes since moving back from IOA the show has lost it's kick. Of course the show was good before it went to IOA.

I always go back to what 2009 (I think that is when Avatar came out) That there was no Mention of the film. How do you not mention the biggest film of all times in a parody show? I hope with it being an election year it will be a better show. The last 3 years have truly been sad and yes since moving back from IOA the show has lost it's kick. Of course the show was good before it went to IOA.

Do you mean 2010, when it was nearly a full year after it came out? Or do you mean it should have been parodied before it's release?

The film came out in December 09, so not as many people would have known about it two months previous, not to mention they write the show, during the whole year. And by the time October 2010 rolled around Avatar would have been moderately too dated to parody. Or at least, I assume that is why is wasn't. Or they just weren't allowed.

As big of a movie as it was, in no way would it of been too dated at 8 months old since it was still getting hundreds of millions of dollars in attention throughout the year in the box office. They have mentioned far more obscure things in the show. We are talking about the same show that has featured Dr. Who and other more obscure pop culture. It was just kind of silly to not even poke fun at the phenomenon.

Good point. They did Oscar Nominated movies from 2010 in last years (e.g. Black Swan, True Grit). Could the Avatar thing be because they weren't allowed then? Or am I misguided on parody laws or rules or whatever? And is the thinking two much into a show from two years ago?

So is it safe to assume that Bill&Ted (being time-travelers) are going to have a new storyline revolving around Agents J and K (from Uni's latest time-traveling blockbuster)? I remember when they had B&T revolve around Hellboy to promote Hellboy2. And it was terribly dull.

No. I don't think it will be a focal point. For 1. Men in Black 3 was not a huge blockbuster of a hit. It just performed well enough as a third film.

But the bigger thing is Men in Black is not a Universal owned film. They have the rights to have the characters featured and IPs in Men In Black Alien Attack. It is actually a Sony Columbia owned movie.

They will definitely be featured and parodied though in some aspect for sure. Maybe a Stunt performer having a 'time jump' go horribly wrong from such a short distance? I can definitely see that happening.

But on the note of Universal owned rights and properties featured I am going to go ahead and call the fact that Ted will be featured in the show. Also silly fun with the fact that there is another character named Ted. I am thinking it could be very similar to the way Stewie was done as a puppet in 2005's show, but I would rather it be a short liner or two from a puppet on top of a set piece.

Could the Avatar thing be because they weren't allowed then? Or am I misguided on parody laws or rules or whatever?

I've heard through the grapevine they were told to lay off Avatar because Universal was still negotiating to but the rights to an attraction, didn't want to offend Cameron.

Abe Lincoln, he will slay Vampires and party on dudes!

Seems a safe bet--historical figure, hard to copyright. If anything, I expect the show to follow last year's tend of using more "real" people.

I've heard through the grapevine they were told to lay off Avatar because Universal was still negotiating to but the rights to an attraction, didn't want to offend Cameron.

Ummm.....:look: Disney has the contract already....

Well I would think they could make fun of whatever they wanted really...they made fun of Pirates of the Carribean..but yes Disney does indeed have the contract..I think

Last edited:

I didn't mean for this year's show (haven't heard anything about 2012 yet, doubt it's anywhere beyond brainstorming stages). I meant for the 2010 show, when everyone expected some sort of reference seeing that it had been the biggest movie all year. At the time, apparently, Universal was in talks to somehow replace T2 with an Avatar attraction, so the higher-ups nixed anything that might offend James Cameron if he saw it on YouTube. Obviously, this became a nonissue--well, a different issue--should they ever want to use the Avatar characters again.

Of course, if Bill & Ted go easy on The Hunger Games this year, we may know what's up...