Expanding Thrill Rides | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Expanding Thrill Rides

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I wouldn't mind seeing Gondor, but only in a ride. A big part of Mordor in the films and books was the dark skies. I don't feel like it would be Mordor if it was all sunny out. But if we don't go there in a ride then I will be disappointed.

In the summer time, it's perfect considering it rains all the time :lol:

I never said anything about Tolkien. :look:

J R R Tolkien loathed Walt Disney's sensibilities and Walt Disney Productions. He felt Walt Disney currupted everything he touched. It is even in his will that none of his IP's were EVER to be touched by Walt Disney Productions.

But don't count out a Led Zeppelin: Ramble On Land.

Last edited:
Just to add. Whatever goes in JP I hope it's inside attraction or something. I'd love another thrill, but as someone mentioned it storms nearly everyday in the summer sometimes. Between Marvel and Harry Potter there are only 2 rides that stay open. It'd be great to have a third.

Just to add. Whatever goes in JP I hope it's inside attraction or something. I'd love another thrill, but as someone mentioned it storms nearly everyday in the summer sometimes. Between Marvel and Harry Potter there are only 2 rides that stay open. It'd be great to have a third.

Cat in the Hat stays open because it's indoors, and I think Carosuessel and Storm Force stay open.

Cat in the Hat stays open because it's indoors, and I think Carosuessel and Storm Force stay open.
I said between Marvel and Potter. I left Lost Continent and Seuss out because they are the only lands which has more rides Open than closed.

I was making a point that each land at least has 1 think staying open except TOON and Jurassic. One would have to walk might far before finding something to do inside if stuck around the TOON and Jurassic area. It'll be nice to have that balance.

I'm not suggesting thats what UNI do, (I'm nitpicking honestly)

Technically Suess and LC are between Marvel and HP :lol: I do agree that IOA needs indoor rides. That's one advantage USF has over IOA: everything is mostly indoors.

Technically Suess and LC are between Marvel and HP :lol: I do agree that IOA needs indoor rides. That's one advantage USF has over IOA: everything is mostly indoors.
You're right. Assuming the topic in recent posts was JP I failed to be specific in which direction. My mistake..

USF has what 9 or 10 attractions inside. Thats why I always go to IOA first in the summer and spend the evening/night when it usually rains at USF. Always works out lol

After Kodos and Kang comes there will be 3 outdoor USF rides and once Transformers and Gringotts come there will be 8 indoor rides.

After Kodos and Kang comes there will be 3 outdoor USF rides and once Transformers and Gringotts come there will be 8 indoor rides.
Despicable Me
Twister
Shrek
The Mummy
E.T.
Barney
Simpsons
M.I.B.
Earhtquake
Terminator 2 3D
Horror Make Up Show
That Magic Show

Then Add

Transformers
Gringotts

Thats a great lineup of inside attractions.

IOA has

Spiderman
Forbidden Journey
Cat In The Hat
Poseidon Furry

Not sure if the Carousel or Sinbads show stays open!

My sources are telling me prep work has already started in JP and real construction should start after Transformers wraps up. From what I am hearing, color me interested. The rumors are exciting.

As for now the Seuss project has been shelved.

Sidebar: UC is in negotiations with the impossible IP. But I can't expand on it now.

This impossible ip you speak of...could it have any affiliation with the jurassic park developments? or is this another avenue of interest we should be speculating upon?

This impossible ip you speak of...could it have any affiliation with the jurassic park developments? or is this another avenue of interest we should be speculating upon?

The "Impossible IP" is the J R R Tolkien properties. From what I understand the JP project has already started prep work, and should get into full swing ater the Transformers construction wraps up.

Is the Jurassic Park project something worth getting excited for if it isn't a Jeep ride?

It's been pointed out before that a Jeep ride would basically be a sort of JP: River Adventure, sans water. I think this would be the least exciting possibility, in terms of diversity. I like the popular idea of an Amber Mine coaster. A ride with limited restrictions, for the whole family, with nice theming and effects, and something that would be indoors. Win, win, win, win! :thumbs:

IOA has

Spiderman
Forbidden Journey
Cat In The Hat
Poseidon Furry

Not sure if the Carousel or Sinbads show stays open!

You can add Caroseussel, Ollivanders, Jurassic Park Discovery Center and Storm Force Acceletron to that list. Sindbad usually keeps shows running unless the rain somehow creates a safety hazard for the guests or actors.

8 Attractions isn't all that bad, although they are mostly mid-lower tier attractions. They should definitely add something bigger in the JP/Toon area

Last edited: