Expanding Thrill Rides | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Expanding Thrill Rides

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Is the Jurassic Park project something worth getting excited for if it isn't a Jeep ride?

Depends on what floats your boat. But I am hearing that all that is being added is aimed at being "Family Friendly". But definitely more exciting than the Little Mermaid ride and Princess Meet and Greets.

You can add Caroseussel, Ollivanders, Jurassic Park Discovery Center and Storm Force Acceletron to that list. Sindbad usually keeps shows running unless the rain somehow creates a safety hazard for the guests or actors.

8 Attractions isn't all that bad, although they are mostly mid-lower tier attractions. They should definitely add something bigger in the JP/Toon area
I agree. Adding something with more of a draw couldn't hurt. Not sure what Ollivanders is.

The park is already full of big thrill rides. It's time to round out the park's offerings with rides everyone can do and rides like Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.

Therefore, the mine coaster would be a great idea. Also, an indoor dark-ride would be sweet, but there isn't much more to do with a story because River Adventure already has that "something goes terribly wrong" storyline.

Therefore, the mine coaster would be a great idea. Also, an indoor dark-ride would be sweet, but there isn't much more to do with a story because River Adventure already has that "something goes terribly wrong" storyline.

Yep, yep. This is what I always like to refer to when people suggest another "disaster" ride.

From the words of Woodbury himself

This is the correct Jurassic Park. Yeah, there's a disaster ride, but one's enough.

I still think a jeep ride where stuff DOESN'T go to hell would be a great ride for the Thunder Falls Terrace plot. Almost like a JP Jungle Cruise

That's always been my thought as well. River Adventure IS the original Jeep concept, but in a boat. There's a Gary Goddard interview somewhere on YouTube where he said they changed the Jeep concept into the River Adventure because they had already done USH's as a boat adventure.

I still think a jeep ride where stuff DOESN'T go to hell would be a great ride for the Thunder Falls Terrace plot. Almost like a JP Jungle Cruise
But that would still bear too much similarity to the 1st half of River Adventure. I think an omnimover in the Discovery Center, like in the movie, would be a neat idea. A sort of "Living with the Land" experience that educates riders about dinosaurs and Hammond's ideas for Jurassic Park. It could include some neat animatronics of scientists/dinosaurs as you tour the lab of the Discovery Center. It doesn't sound like the most exciting thing, but I think a family ride like this would be perfect, where the kids aren't worried about plummeting 85 ft. in complete darkness.

Just sayin'.

The whole point of the non-thrilling jeep ride is for the kids and people not wanting the drop to see the dinosaurs. If they aren't going on JPRA, it's not too similar.

Plus, let's be honest, there aren't all that many dinosaurs in JPRA...

The whole point of the non-thrilling jeep ride is for the kids and people not wanting the drop to see the dinosaurs. If they aren't going on JPRA, it's not too similar.

Plus, let's be honest, there aren't all that many dinosaurs in JPRA...
True. But even people who do ride River Adventure would also most likely ride the Jeep ride, and then similarities would begin to show.

Plus the jeep ride would be better for those who DON'T want to get soaked in cold weather :lol:

That's my only gripe with the attraction. To experience Jurassic Park, I have to get soaked, which I'm typically not willing to do.

I love the idea of a more naturistic attraction to experience the world of dinosaurs, something not too thrilling that the entire family would enjoy. I don't think people would complain of two rides being similar. I'm sure UC would work it so they are completely different experiences.

It's funny, because I swear I used to never get wet on this ride. Now, the past two times I've been on it, I've gotten drenched!

It seems like it depends on where you're seated. But I have to admit, walking around in wet jeans (even in 80 degree weather) is a pain in the....dinosaur..tail?:shrug: :thumbs:

The Jeeps concept is as dead as a doornail. And it's not coming bsck. But there is a rumor I have heard that will provide a family friendly ride that even Grand Ma can ride with an infant on her lap that would show them some dinos. Think of one of the attractions featured in the first film.