Test Track 2.0 | Page 48 | Inside Universal Forums

Test Track 2.0

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Breakdowns on TT aren't uncommon. The ride system takes a while to start up (hell they're starting it up right now!), and if the ride breaks down, it will probably be for 20 minutes.

Trust me, I know ride systems take a while to boot. DTR (CTX) takes almost 2.5hrs to fully boot, safety test, etc. and is usually the same way with break downs. Some sensor didn't read correctly, so the ride system does a simple restart in 20mins or so. I was just making sure that over at TT the break downs weren't anything that required an evac or prolonged downtimes in general due to new equipment.

Trust me, I know ride systems take a while to boot. DTR (CTX) takes almost 2.5hrs to fully boot, safety test, etc. and is usually the same way with break downs. Some sensor didn't read correctly, so the ride system does a simple restart in 20mins or so. I was just making sure that over at TT the break downs weren't anything that required an evac or prolonged downtimes in general due to new equipment.

Nope, it's all the same system :smiley:

Nope, it's all the same system :smiley:

Cool deal, that's what I figured. I didn't think my wait time would be prolonged due to anything "out of the ordinary" if the ride system itself was still the same. Now it's just guests clogging up the design process and the typical Fastpass artificial queue time inflation, I assume? Plus the obvious draw of a new attraction, of course...

Here's a great video Chevy posted on their Youtube about the re-imagining of the ride.

[video=youtube;eb5LNrSTYTo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=eb5LNrSTYTo[/video]

As somebody who usually dislikes everything Disney has been doing in the past decade, this ride is fantastic. The outdoor section is really jarring compared to how cool it was in the original though.

From @JDenning88

Stuck on test track due to weather! But hey I found the [HASHTAG]#TestTrack[/HASHTAG] Dummy @ Test Track Presented by Chevrolet

iS5XaOND5V85A.png

From @PaulChadkin

FastPass+ cards work at the Chevrolet Design Studio at [HASHTAG]#TestTrack[/HASHTAG]

i1GHuaV6aEtjW.png

Last edited:
That's actually nice they stopped it indoors for weather.

I was there this past Saturday and the design computers all went down for a while. The ride itself was running fine. They let all of us already in the queue straight up to the ride platform to ride through, but wouldn't let anyone else enter the queue.

The week before that I went and the computers went down that day too, but they were able to fix them quicker and I got to experience the design process. Thought it was really cool minus the fact that my RFID card no longer worked when I got the post show. The rest of my party's RFID cards worked for the "make your own commercial" but were all deactivated by the time we reached the next room.

I was in the group of people who actually enjoyed TT 1.0 and I got to ride 2.0 this weekend. I absolutely loved the new pre-show and post-show areas and the SOUNDTRACK. Wow, I absolutely loved it and need that for my listening pleasure pronto. As for the actual ride portion, it gave me major Disneyland Space Mountain vibes especially at the start.. and while it was pretty impressive, it still felt very dependent on screens and projections and I was surprised that they would do away with physical elements for more projections.

But overall, it's still a fantastic ride experience and might grow on me more over time. But I definitely appreciate the effort and I thank Chevy for footing the bill.

so it seems that the overall consenus is that this a a much superior remake. that's good to hear, as I really didnt care for the original

so it seems that the overall consenus is that this a a much superior remake. that's good to hear, as I really didnt care for the original

It very much is. Weirdly, the interior parts of the ride are more enjoyable than the exterior parts, which used to be the best. The best parts are designing the vehicle, projection tech and the post show.

So...

this gets a big old MEH in my book.

The ride has been minimally upgraded overall, and to be honest I think the video is more impressive than the actual ride. Giant cardboard flats with projections on then just aren't interesting.

I will say the postshow is good fun though.