Test Track 2.0 | Page 47 | Inside Universal Forums

Test Track 2.0

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Or even better advertising. New Fantasyland is getting all of the attention really, which is sad. Since I think Test Track is better than New Fantasyland, personally.

Agreed...like Briman said he heard some CMs say..they FINALLY have something futuristic in Future World

Ok honestly I think Mission Space is kind of futuristic...I mean you land on a Mars base, and you fly in a pilot-able space shuttle that can pull tight maneuvers...I understand some people may not like it, but what could they have done to make that more futuristic?

Ok honestly I think Mission Space is kind of futuristic...I mean you land on a Mars base, and you fly in a pilot-able space shuttle that can pull tight maneuvers...I understand some people may not like it, but what could they have done to make that more futuristic?

I mean, I guess. It's just landing on Mars is so...80's. With so much advancements in space exploration, and how much tech has changed; if Space allowed us to go different planets or explore different galaxies, it'd be better. Shame all those cuts happened and this was the end result.

Everything in Mission Space can be accomplished with today's technology, with the sole exception of cryogenic freezing. Frankly, that's not what future world is about, it's about what is on the horizon for us.

Also, if Mission Space actually had simulated us in story going to Mars to live or visit a base(Like Sea Base Alpha used to, but Outer Space rather than Living Seas) it would of worked.

But for your description knockout, you left out one key aspect. The ride is themed to Astronaut Training. Not an actual mission. We are too in on the joke. It would be neat for a science center or Disney Quest but it is not really future world. It is not really futuristic to go on a training mission the Astronauts have been taking since the early 70s.

And the ride does not display an example of cryogenic freezing. We have hyper sleep technology capabilities, but the human body develops bone and muscle loss without exercise for that long period of time. So we just don't/didn't use them in space travel missions.

I had a funny thought yesterday. Simulators are so passe now. To just sit in a box with a movie playing while it rolls around, I mean look how far we have come, we have come so far that a physical ride(Test Track) is now themed to a simulation track that would simulate physical conditions. We live in interesting times.

And actually testtrack321 Test Track has the capability of maxing at more per hour, but due to eventual downtimes, loading/unloading speeds and vehicles not filling up it probably never reaches its full potential of around 1800 per hour

I have to amit that I am not even the slightest bit interested in this redo. I never cared for the original TT, and while this looks visually more interesting, the storytelling seems all over the place.

I am glad that EPCOT is getting some attention, and am also glad that this upgrade seems to hitting the right buttons with the fanbois so all is good. Just not something that I am overly interested in.
My mom mentioned this same thing and as much as I like how it looks visually, the design center was not explained properly (especially through FP/single rider) and nobody else in my party seemed to understand the point of the cards until the ride started. Even then, it's pretty all over the place between the scenes. Sometimes when it would show the screen of our cars, the majority were just generic cars, not our designs. I feel like it is probably a much better experience through stand-by, but no way in hell am I waiting stand-by for this ride right now. They pretty much gave us 2-3 choices for FP and that was it. The post show area is cool though.

Overall I enjoyed it more than TT 1.0 and think the concept is solid, however, I think they still have some kinks to work out (and more organization).

Also, @Splatter - something my cousin (who had never rode before) pointed out tonight which I thought was interesting about Mission: Space... The ride ends with us on Mars. So is that long walk to the "Training lab" or whatever the walk back to earth??? :lol:

That is as stated in my post part of the issue with it being themed to a training mission to mars where from the get go they break the illusion themselves that you will not really be going to mars. I don't care for that either.

And actually testtrack321 Test Track has the capability of maxing at more per hour, but due to eventual downtimes, loading/unloading speeds and vehicles not filling up it probably never reaches its full potential of around 1800 per hour

Yes, sorry last night I was not too cogent and didn't explain it well. It has a theoretical PPH around there, but I haven't heard of them getting more than 1400 on best days, with an average of 1200 most days (correct me if I'm wrong).

My last final exam is on Tuesday at 12:30, meaning I'll be leaving Tallahassee by 3:30 at the latest. EPCOT closes at 9:30, and it's roughly a 4hr drive back to Orlando. My plan is to make it and sneak a ride in before heading home, barring the ride being down.

My last final exam is on Tuesday at 12:30, meaning I'll be leaving Tallahassee by 3:30 at the latest. EPCOT closes at 9:30, and it's roughly a 4hr drive back to Orlando. My plan is to make it and sneak a ride in before heading home, barring the ride being down.

Good Luck Dr. EB I hope it's up and running for you!

lets us know if you made it and what you think of it.

The line today stretched past the Innoventions breezeway according to reports on twitter.

I was there around 10:30am on Saturday and waited 90 minutes with some ride downtime. I never saw the line out to the breezeway, but the fastpass queue was extending back beyond the tent.

I enjoyed the new overhaul, especially the car design part. I don't think it's better or worse than the old version, just different.

Last edited:
From everything I've been gathering, this ride experiences downtimes like they're going out of style. One would assume that it's not a ride system issue, right? The ride system itself wasn't overhauled during the renovation, correct? Only thing I can think of it being (bear with me, t-minus 15hrs until I get to ride) is an issue with the show effects interfering with the ride itself. Some show effect not firing properly and just causing an automatic stop that would usually be reset in 10-20mins?

From everything I've been gathering, this ride experiences downtimes like they're going out of style. One would assume that it's not a ride system issue, right? The ride system itself wasn't overhauled during the renovation, correct? Only thing I can think of it being (bear with me, t-minus 15hrs until I get to ride) is an issue with the show effects interfering with the ride itself. Some show effect not firing properly and just causing an automatic stop that would usually be reset in 10-20mins?

Breakdowns on TT aren't uncommon. The ride system takes a while to start up (hell they're starting it up right now!), and if the ride breaks down, it will probably be for 20 minutes.