Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Test Track 2.0

Hmmm I like Blue Moon so that may be right up my alley

A nice smooth light beer with a hint of orange. And just to keep us on topic, getting loaded on TT is quite nauseating.

Filming going on right now at Test Track...hmm, wonder what its for:

attachment.php

attachment.php

They were filming in the World Showcase yesterday if I remember correctly.

I finally got a chance to try it out before my annual pass expired. I must say, this new concept is badazz. I love the colors and imagination. I love how you are more interactive. The wait didn't seem long because of how involved you are while waiting in line. The entire experience was fun. My favorite part was after the ride, seeing those nice Chevy vehicles lol!

The must dos video has been updated with the new test track segment. Just saw it this morning at the hotel. So I actually like designing the car! Anyone have good tips on car designs?

Although I haven't been on the updated version, I'm a bit skeptical about the new theme. I loved the old theme as it felt a lot more fun and Disney-esque with the mayhem of the testing centre, and the new theme (from the videos I've seen) seems a bit lifeless. I do like the added interactivity and I won't deny that it looks much better, but it's lost its heart. Looking forwards to finding out for myself.

The must dos video has been updated with the new test track segment. Just saw it this morning at the hotel. So I actually like designing the car! Anyone have good tips on car designs?

I don't know since single riders don't get to fully customize the cars, I just pick an outrageous looking one so it'll be easy to spot when riding.

Just got back from my Disney Trip, got to go on Test Track 2.0 twice. Once on Single Riders, and once thru the regular line. The ride portion is significantly weaker this time around due to a weakened/almost non-existent theme. A lot of the old tests don't make the sense with the new theme (example: the old anti-lock brake tests makes no sense here, and the tests that replace the old corrosion and hot/cold chambers were very disappointing....lasers, a screen effect, a light up screen.....yawn). I will say that the whole ride definitely looks a TON prettier and cooler than it used to, but that only gets you so far (there is a joke to be made about the overall re-do: here's an idea about how to make Test Track better....let's make everything blue!). Whereas before the theme and fun tests gave people a reason to ride the ride portion, now the only thing riders have to look forward to is a cooler looking environment and the speed portion (mainly the speed portion). Surprisingly, the best thing about the upgrade is the queue experience, where you get to make your own car. I could have spent hours designing and perfecting my design and i'm sure for many this is a dream come true...if only there were a way to bring your design home with you. I will say that the queue could be seen as a big commercial for Chevy, but that part doesn't really bother me all that much as it does give you a small look into how cars are designed (overall sums up the change of theme: from testing to design). I do like the new ride, but you are doing yourself a disfavor if you skip out on the queue experience since you are missing out on the main draw of the ride now. I am disappointed, but I do enjoy the new experience to be had here nonetheless.

^ I have noticed on a few sites it's brought up that the whole thing is an ad for Chevy. But the same can be said for 1.0, because it was an ad for GM. Now Chevy is a GM brand, is it just worse that they are narrowing it down? :lol:

I know I'm pretty late in the game, but I just rode Test Track 2.0 for the first time recently. With that said, I gotta say, I love it. Easily my favorite ride at Epcot. Top 5 in all of WDW. The car customization is a nice touch. And the new "Tron-esque" theme, is also pretty cool.

I know I'm pretty late in the game, but I just rode Test Track 2.0 for the first time recently. With that said, I gotta say, I love it. Easily my favorite ride at Epcot. Top 5 in all of WDW. The car customization is a nice touch. And the new "Tron-esque" theme, is also pretty cool.

I agree. I rode the attraction this past weekend and loved it. The theme totally fits the original Epcot. The queue is much improved and I'm glad they trashed that inane preshow. The ride effects were good and I found the overall experience great. Winner for Epcot!

Last edited:
Wife and I went on Test Track 2.0, and we preferred the original better. Now it's just a giant dark room with a bunch of neon cardboard cutouts everywhere. The vehicle tests are pretty much useless now. And while designing your car in the queue is very cool, it literally has no effect on the ride whatsoever. They didn't even bother to change the ride vehicles. If they wanted to make a Tron ride, they should've just made one.