Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 186 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if anyone has talked about this, but ate lunch at the Hard Rock Cafe the other day and noticed trees have been delivered to the area behind Seuss. You can see them from guest areas on the second floor overlooking BMG. I'm pretty sure they are for Potter and will be the ones used to block the view behind Grimmauld.

More interesting to me though was new trailers showing up behind there as well. They look to be the same type of trailers you would see backstage during HHN while waiting in line for the tents. So I'd assume they are for entertainment or another division of operations and not construction trailers but that's just a wild guess.

In the art it was on the opposite side, but I don't know what else those utility things would be for.

I looked a wee bit further, and in this latest capture from the UOR website shows that this is indeed where the bus will be located. I agree however that we have seen it various locations in a few past concepts.

knightbus_zps9a71d156.png

Not sure if anyone has talked about this, but ate lunch at the Hard Rock Cafe the other day and noticed trees have been delivered to the area behind Seuss. You can see them from guest areas on the second floor overlooking BMG. I'm pretty sure they are for Potter and will be the ones used to block the view behind Grimmauld.

Professor Sprout tells me the evergreens next to the new trailers are destined for Hogsmeade station.

More interesting to me though was new trailers showing up behind there as well. They look to be the same type of trailers you would see backstage during HHN while waiting in line for the tents. So I'd assume they are for entertainment or another division of operations and not construction trailers but that's just a wild guess.

Temporary facilities for guest service training classes. All DA team members (ops, merch, foods, admissions, park services, etc.) are attending mandatory classes to get them up to speed on guest interaction. Nice to hear UO is spending the $$ on this.

Reactions: Felipe
BTW, the railings have started to go up on Grimmauld Place.

And from Touring Plans it looks like Wyndhams is almost completely painted now and the final letters have been uncovered.

Bko3RAXIMAAibNA.jpg

Last edited:
and to add to my previous post to UF. I believe they may do a fine spatter spray of both lighter and at times darker sprays that will bring it all to a reasonable color. So it isn't a primer but a base coat that will be allowed to peek through and add to the overall depth that is found in some limestones, kind of like marble.

Sorry that I didn't collect my thoughts previously.

Last edited:
Thanks for alerting us to the pics Ghost. Those new sidewalk lampposts are hackneyed and totally inappropriate to the reality of London.

See any Ben Franklin lampposts in this photo?:

Leicester_Square_stn_northeast_entrance.JPG

Yep, it would appear that they are replicating those...
Perhaps they are just playing on the stereotypes of London as America and other distant countries believe it to be.

Well, it is an amalgam of various parts of London, real (Wyndham's, Leicester Square, King's Cross) and fictional (Grimmauld Place). And let's not forget that the HP books take place in the 90's. Perhaps the lamps have changed since then?

More importantly, in real life, Grimmauld Place is Claremont Square in Islington, and it does feature lamps like the ones they're using, as seen in the movie as well as in the photo below:

Claremont_square,_Islington_(3)_-_geograph.org.uk_-_1523974.jpg

(Here's a larger closeup of a street lamp in Claremont Square: http://0.tqn.com/d/golondon/1/0/D/F/0/-/Claremont-Square.jpg)

What I'm wondering is why they're not using the South Bank Embankment lamps below. Or are they?

adsc01796c.jpg

Last edited:
Per AmusementBuzz.com (formerly UORBuzz)'s photo update, the railings on the Grimmauld balconies are fully installed.

http://www.amusementbuzz.com/2014/04/08/april-8-2014-universal-studios/

Oh, and TREES at Hogsmeade Station!

EDIT:

Or maybe they're just using the nicer-looking lamp.

^This. No need to think things soooooooo in depth. These lamps just look better.

I agree. Plus, these lamps fit both the city street setting and the grassy park area.

Last edited:
Reactions: Miketheboss
^This. No need to think things soooooooo in depth. These lamps just look better.

I think they put more thought into that lamp selection than we imagine. After all, it's even featured in the Mary GrandPre artwork of Grimmauld Place:

06292013-Social-Media-wRap-Harry-Potter.jpg

This comes form the deluxe book cover of "Order of the Phoenix," by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.