Frozen being fast-tracked to DHS? | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Frozen being fast-tracked to DHS?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This is the kind of thing Disney used to do. And I really like all of the ideas except the dance party and sing-a-long. I would much prefer a shortened Broadway style stage show. And I am a little concerned that this has a very rushed feel to it. They should have started working on this stuff back in at least January. And I think it may be a little too much for one tiny park. But I really like the snow land with ice skating.

I'm just curious how this will all look. Obviously this will be rushed and the quality won't be as good as if it was being planned a couple months earlier. I don't know how they will theme anything or do any special announcements in this short amount of time. Honestly they should've saved this for winter, that way "a frozen Christmas" could replace the Osborne lights. Shame

I'm just curious how this will all look. Obviously this will be rushed and the quality won't be as good as if it was being planned a couple months earlier. I don't know how they will theme anything or do any special announcements in this short amount of time. Honestly they should've saved this for winter, that way "a frozen Christmas" could replace the Osborne lights. Shame

We dont really know how long its been planned...its just that it just got announced now. Thats the thing about non-Universal projects is that we dont track them from their initial planning process. Imagine if we didnt know anything about King Kong right now, would we be worried about it being rushed by the time its formally announced? Disney has done this kind of stuff in the past, its nothing new (although this is on a bigger scale I think). Is it as good as a permanent attraction? No. But they have proven able to do this sort of thing right.

We dont really know how long its been planned...its just that it just got announced now. Thats the thing about non-Universal projects is that we dont track them from their initial planning process. Imagine if we didnt know anything about King Kong right now, would we be worried about it being rushed by the time its formally announced? Disney has done this kind of stuff in the past, its nothing new (although this is on a bigger scale I think). Is it as good as a permanent attraction? No. But they have proven able to do this sort of thing right.
I thought somebody said this started planning in early June, but that's probably wrong. I think they can do it right (hell that's all they've been doing lately) so I have my hopes up for a decent event

Every source that I have seen says that this is a very recent development.

The story that I have heard is that Disney was hoping/betting that the 7DMT hype would act in combination with Diagon Alley in the national media to play as "Lots of cool new stuff in Otown this Summer!" This Summer Event was hatched when is became obvious that Diagon Alley was absolutely steam rolling over the poor happy little dwarfs.

This will be good for DHS. It has been a while since it got anything new and I think that this Summer, if a family is going to visit a movie studio theme park in Orlando, it isn't going to be DHS. This will definitely help stem the tide a bit.

Last edited:
Yes, the gentleman on WDW Magic that broke the story way before the announcement said all along that this was just conceived in the past couple of weeks. His info on what it comprised was dead on. The other thing that I've been seeing is that DHS daily attendance has been falling far short of the Touring Plans projected crowds. Seems like they really needed to do something to fix those declining numbers now that Star Wars promos are over.

Last edited:
This is the kind of thing Disney used to do. And I really like all of the ideas except the dance party and sing-a-long. I would much prefer a shortened Broadway style stage show. And I am a little concerned that this has a very rushed feel to it. They should have started working on this stuff back in at least January. And I think it may be a little too much for one tiny park. But I really like the snow land with ice skating.
Yeah, I think overall this is a good summer addition. I mean, really guys, what are we asking for out of a 2-3 month special event, targeted at young girls and their families? I think the ice/snow thing in the soundstage is actually a clever idea and something I wouldn't have expected from them and hopefully they will take the time after this to work on a proper Frozen show for the park.

From a kind spirit in a magical land:
WDW1974 said:
I see that Disney has announced their last-minute Frozen ... do you even call this a promo? for TPFKaTD-MGMS.

Before the fanbois (are they named Hans or Sven because according to one of my local radio ... you remember radio, right? ... station says that babies are being named after Frozen characters at a blizzard pace) say this is the mythical (as it only exists along with unicorns and rainbow dash!) Potter Swatter, I have some COLD reality for you.

This has all been thrown together in the last few weeks. Yes, weeks. This wasn't even on the table when May turned to June.

Why now?

Well, this should put the nail in the coffin of anyone who still believes Disney execs are quality and on top of their businesses. This came about because the head of P&R recently figured out that the Florida park supposedly devoted to the wonders of things like film had absolutely nothing related to Disney's biggest animated hit of all-time represented in the park. Tom 'On Top of Things' Staggs pushed Georgie K and Lee's Boy, Danny Cockerell, and the result is a budget-basement thrown together mess that, hopefully, won't be as bad as it sounded on the DPB.

Understand this 'Frozen Initiative' as a kind source explained it to me was so unplanned that character rehearsals/casting, merchandise and, very important here, lots and lots of pyro all have to be cast and/or acquired. It is as said source said ''an effing mess'' ... but that is why this is happening now. This is why there was no word of it at the summer showcase media/blogging ***** event that went on around May 1st.

This like what happens when your high school decides to throw a last-minute summer festival ... it isn't what you expect from the world's top entertainment company.

But maybe you should.

With what WDW is saying.. He is so on the ball with this. but in my opinion; this is also a HUGE step back for what a Disney event should be;

Planned a little farther back than may and with what it seems, this feels like one of disneys worst shoehorning of a IP into a resort and with

Frozen Going into Maestrom, Hope for the best as you never know as they might have something unique to it but for right now with all that's

happening in the parks for Frozen, I'm happy its not being at a large amount in California but i'm just going to watch and see about this for

now..

Well at least the dance party is part of the attraction / M&G with minions.

When I went at USH there were no Minions. Few unhappy kids and everyone else just awkward!

With what WDW is saying.. He is so on the ball with this. but in my opinion; this is also a HUGE step back for what a Disney event should be;

Planned a little farther back than may and with what it seems, this feels like one of disneys worst shoehorning of a IP into a resort and with

Frozen Going into Maestrom, Hope for the best as you never know as they might have something unique to it but for right now with all that's

happening in the parks for Frozen, I'm happy its not being at a large amount in California but i'm just going to watch and see about this for

now..
I have no problem with it as long as they don't cheap out and try to turn parts of this event into permanent attractions once the event it over. Give me a Frozen stage show similar to the BatB show or maybe even ax the idea of Frozen in Epcot altogether and bring arrendele to DHS.

Something small like this to fill a dead period is fine as long as it is truly only temporary.

COUGH awkward despicable me finale COUGH
See it as a cash in but I definitely see it as a smart move for Disney getting peoples heads away from the potter opening. If softs won't be held July 5-7 then all eyes will be on disney for this event. But I promise you when diagon opens on the 8th nobody is going to even touch this event

It's counter marketing. Most little girls that are into frozen are too young for Potter. This just adds a reason for families to visit WDW studios. Smart move by Disney

Yeah exactly. a lot of children are too young for the Potter stuff. Or the rides might be too much for them. I know Potter will be the big event in July but I doubt diagon opens on the 8th nobody is going to even touch this event,

If anything all this Frozen stuff might surprise everyone and give Potter some serious competition. Not because what Disney is doing will be amazing or anything but because of the amount of fans Frozen has.

If people are willing to wait 5 hours for a meet and greet...... yeah This might definitely give Potter some competition.

Yeah exactly. a lot of children are too young for the Potter stuff. Or the rides might be too much for them. I know Potter will be the big event in July but I doubt diagon opens on the 8th nobody is going to even touch this event,

If anything all this Frozen stuff might surprise everyone and give Potter some serious competition. Not because what Disney is doing will be amazing or anything but because of the amount of fans Frozen has.

If people are willing to wait 5 hours for a meet and greet...... yeah This might definitely give Potter some competition.
That's very different. M&G's have an insanely low capacity when you only have one room for the characters to meet in. The waits were only ever 5 hours because of that. Once they moved to MK, where they had two rooms initially, the waits were more like 2.5 hours at most (although always posted more). They've since increased capacity to have Anna & Elsa in all 4 rooms at Princess Fairytale Hall now, meaning that they have 4x the original capacity from when they were in Epcot, although the total combined capacity per hour is still fairly low due to the nature of it being a M&G.

The point is, those waits were inflated because of lack of capacity. There's no way that this will in anyway impact Diagon.

Every source that I have seen says that this is a very recent development.

The story that I have heard is that Disney was hoping/betting that the 7DMT hype would act in combination with Diagon Alley in the national media to play as "Lots of cool new stuff in Otown this Summer!" This Summer Event was hatched when is became obvious that Diagon Alley was absolutely steam rolling over the poor happy little dwarfs.

This will be good for DHS. It has been a while since it got anything new and I think that this Summer, if a family is going to visit a movie studio theme park in Orlando, it isn't going to be DHS. This will definitely help stem the tide a bit.

DA is steamrolling over 7DMT, because, well, HAVE YOU SEEN DIAGON ALLEY????

This is a good thing for DHS. Frozen is insanely popular, that park desperately needs something to keep people there, or even bring people there, and this fits the bill. TDO should have thought of this a lot sooner, but I think when they realized what DA was going to be, they threw this together at the last minute. It will be popular.

not everything in Orlando this summer has to be a reaction to Diagon Alley :lol: Its not like Frozen came out three years ago and theyre just now adding some presence into the parks...it was released last winter and this is the first summer Disney has had to fully realize its potential. DA or not, Im sure Disney would do *something* to take advantage of Frozen's popularity and combine it with their weakest park.

But the thing is, if this event is as half assed as everybody is saying it is. Would the reviews of the event from the press sway the crowd away from this event to diagon?

But the thing is, if this event is as half assed as everybody is saying it is. Would the reviews of the event from the press sway the crowd away from this event to diagon?
I think people are planning a Disney visit anyway on top of their Diagon Alley visit..the Frozen thing is an event and nothing more..DA is two new rides and a land..different ball games

I think people are planning a Disney visit anyway on top of their Diagon Alley visit..the Frozen thing is an event and nothing more..DA is two new rides and a land..different ball games
I guess but this is pretty much a potter swatter since it's coming out at the same week. This was made to fight off the DA crowd

I guess but this is pretty much a potter swatter since it's coming out at the same week. This was made to fight off the DA crowd
No. If you think this in any way is a "Potter Swatter" then we've got problems.

Not everything has to be a response to Potter. Sure with the timing, i'm sure Disney wanted this to help the Studios attendance this summer, but it is in no way a Potter Swatter.

It's a 2 month, limited run addition that was thrown together in a few weeks. Nothing more, nothing less.