Frozen being fast-tracked to DHS? | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Frozen being fast-tracked to DHS?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
How is it your top 5? The ride is extremely short and disjointed. I love the theme and a few scenes, but overall a kind of shoddy ride.
I'm in love with Nordic myths and some things like the trolls and polar bears have been stuck in my head since I was a child.

There is just nothing like it, what boat ride to you go backwards or has a optional travel movie at the end of it? It's definitely unique and one of my favorites because of it. Also inspired me to write a film saga on Vikings.

I know It's for the best of the resort and I understand why people don't like it but man it sucks to see this one go. Outside of scary adventures and BTTF I'm never really effected by attraction closures, this being my favorite ride at Epcot I'm definitely gonna miss it

I'm in love with Nordic myths and some things like the trolls and polar bears have been stuck in my head since I was a child.

There is just nothing like it, what boat ride to you go backwards or has a optional travel movie at the end of it? It's definitely unique and one of my favorites because of it. Also inspired me to write a film saga on Vikings.

I know It's for the best of the resort and I understand why people don't like it but man it sucks to see this one go. Outside of scary adventures and BTTF I'm never really effected by attraction closures, this being my favorite ride at Epcot I'm definitely gonna miss it
From what i've heard, they're going to try and reuse a lot of that stuff for Frozen.

If any thing, It would be nice if they expanded the area. The ride path is just way too short, especially for such a popular movie.
The only possibly way to extend it would be into the post show movie theatre, but i'm pretty sure that's going to need to be turned into queue space as there's very minimal queue space for Maelstrom.

Well there is a little bit of room if they extended the back of the building. I was looking at it earlier on googlemaps.
An extra scene to the ride would actually be really nice as it's an ok length, but it's nothing comparatively to Pirates or Small World, which leaves you feeling ripped off almost.

But that would mean Disney would have to actual put effort into this and we all know that wasn't part of the plan.

I think for a boat type ride, it is much too short. I like it fine but at like 3 mins, I do not think it does Norway or will do Frozen properly. I hope they extend the building to add another scene. I wish they would put effort into something.

What the hell are they going to do with that theater? Put the trailer on loop?
As I said, part of it will almost definitely be needed for extra queue space since the ride has limited queue capacity.

They could easily split the space between extra queue and a new shop that you would exit into after the ride. "Wandering Oaken's Trading Post (and Sauna)" seems almost inevitable for the name of the store.

I hate it more than everybody here because maelstrom is in my top 5 of the resort. But hey when something's popular you gotta strike....even if there are a hundred other options

Agreed. Malestorm is my top 3 there.
Would be nice if Frozen had an Antartica type track system in some huge show building full of ice and coldness.

As I said, part of it will almost definitely be needed for extra queue space since the ride has limited queue capacity.

They could easily split the space between extra queue and a new shop that you would exit into after the ride. "Wandering Oaken's Trading Post (and Sauna)" seems almost inevitable for the name of the store.
Yeah, they don't even have to change a lot of the architecture since everything is made of wood. Hopefully they don't get rid of the Viking ship out front though

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed. Malestorm is my top 3 there.
Would be nice if Frozen had an Antartica type track system in some huge show building full of ice and coldness.

I'm hopping there will be some sort of climate change in that building to make it incredibly cold. Wouldn't it be awesome if the entire ride was cold but when everything goes back to normal it gets warm? That would actually be pretty unique

not everything in Orlando this summer has to be a reaction to Diagon Alley :lol: Its not like Frozen came out three years ago and theyre just now adding some presence into the parks...it was released last winter and this is the first summer Disney has had to fully realize its potential. DA or not, Im sure Disney would do *something* to take advantage of Frozen's popularity and combine it with their weakest park.

Eh.. how quickly this was thrown together proves otherwise. My friend works at DHS and is working on the show/event. He found out about it Friday the 20th. This thread was started the 21st. :lol: Now they're scheduled for days they were originally off and, trust me, even they agree this was only done so quickly to combat the attention on Diagon Alley.

Eh.. how quickly this was thrown together proves otherwise. My friend works at DHS and is working on the show/event. He found out about it Friday the 20th. This thread was started the 21st. :lol: Now they're scheduled for days they were originally off and, trust me, even they agree this was only done so quickly to combat the attention on Diagon Alley.
Still doesn't mean it's a "Potter Swatter" though.

Sure, they are reacting. But they are reacting in a common sense way to a major opening going on at the other studios park in town and put this together so that their Studios park wouldn't be empty all summer. I just don't see the need to criticize Disney for this.

Still doesn't mean it's a "Potter Swatter" though.

Sure, they are reacting. But they are reacting in a common sense way to a major opening going on at the other studios park in town and put this together so that their Studios park wouldn't be empty all summer. I just don't see the need to criticize Disney for this.

For a world-class theme park destination, it's not common sense to put together their big summer entertainment and marketing push two weeks before it opens. So obviously this is Potter.

For a world-class theme park destination, it's not common sense to put together their big summer entertainment and marketing push two weeks before it opens. So obviously this is Potter.
It is a desperate attempt to keep people at the park as a result of Diagon pulling guests away...HS was not originally going to have any summer entertainment which would have ended up in lower attendance at the park...This is Disney's 'Crap, we need something to keep people in the park this summer' event...this is a result of DA not a response to DA

Reactions: Nick
It is a desperate attempt to keep people at the park as a result of Diagon pulling guests away...HS was not originally going to have any summer entertainment which would have ended up in lower attendance at the park...This is Disney's 'Crap, we need something to keep people in the park this summer' event...this is a result of DA not a response to DA

Yes, that's what I'm saying. :lol: You can also say in response to. Really it's the same thing.

They've known about Potter for as long as we have. And theyve known how successful it is since 2010. Both Disney and Universal know the events arent even targeting the same people. I see the Frozen thing as a way to attract locals, while Diagon Alley will attract people from all over. Theyre two completely different ballparks.