Frozen being fast-tracked to DHS? | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Frozen being fast-tracked to DHS?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Let me just ask you a question: Have you been to the event?

Yes, you can clearly tell that they used a lot of xmas decorations (even some xmas floats), throughout the park and it has a bit of a temporary feel, but it isn't that bad of an event overall. Soundstage 1 looks really good, the mini-parade was packed and more than just floats (had actual performers with choreography). The Fireworks were good as well.

Sure, people are going to spend tons of money on overpriced Frozen merch all summer. But people are going to spend tons of money at Diagon this summer too. $45 just to do the interactive wand game. These companies are businesses and will capitalize if there is a hot market.

My point is, I just don't see the point in making a big deal about this being put together last minute and having a temporary feel in some areas. It's a summer offering that we wouldn't have had otherwise. If this comes back next year though, I expect it to be improved upon.

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed. I try to stay fair to both sides. Sometimes people just want to see WDW fail it seems, which is the sad part. It's worse on WDWMagic though, holy crap. I've never seen that place more negative on WDW than it has been the past year or so.

I live in da Bronx so sadly, no, but I have seen plenty of videos and reviews from Uni and Dis fans alike. The fireworks, at least on the first day, were not good. It was a generic firework show set to Frozen music. I personally thought the parade was quite...not interesting. Perhaps I saw a different video or something. Hey, if you liked it, more power to you.

Why is it when people are critical of Disney it means that that person wants to "see WDW fail". Only a moron wants WDW to fail. If WDW would shut it doors tomorrow, all the theme parks in Florida would suffer. That's undeniable. I'm just amazed that when someone calls out WDW's flaws, they are depicted as a bully to Disney. When Universal, especially during it's dark times, were mocked constantly but you didn't see me saying "you guys just want Universal to fail!" Sorry to say if Disney deserves a bit of criticism right now. For being the leading theme park, you would except more.

I second this post, I agree.
If so, than hit that little up/down arrow on the bottom left of my post :thumbs:

Last edited:
I live in da Bronx so sadly, no, but I have seen plenty of videos and reviews from Uni and Dis fans alike. The fireworks, at least on the first day, were not good. It was a generic firework show set to Frozen music. I personally thought the parade was quite...not interesting. Perhaps I saw a different video or something. Hey, if you liked it, more power to you.

Why is it when people are critical of Disney it means that that person wants to "see WDW fail". Only a moron wants WDW to fail. If WDW would shut it doors tomorrow, all the theme parks in Florida would suffer. That's undeniable. I'm just amazed that when someone calls out WDW's flaws, they are depicted as a bully to Disney. When Universal, especially during it's dark times, were mocked constantly but you didn't see me saying "you guys just want Universal to fail!" Sorry to say if Disney deserves a bit of criticism right now. For being the leading theme park, you would except more.
The first night's fireworks were definitely not weather cooperative, but I enjoyed the show overall. The mini-parade is nice for what it is, a mini-parade. They did these for at least 3-4 different movies in the 90's. The only difference here is the studio paid for it then. They have long since stopped as they don't see it as a worthy investment.

And you are twisting my words. Not all criticism of WDW is wanting to see them fail. Plenty is valid. You seem to be missing my point though. It's not worth over-criticizing this event imo given that it was put together in 10 days according to trusted member at Magic.

If they spend years on building entire lands, like say New fantasyland, and don't have a true E-ticket to show for it, I get the criticism. Mermaid is fairly embarrassing. But something like this is just a waste of time in criticizing for the time being. If it comes back next year and it's the same thing, then that's valid criticism in my eyes. As I said, maybe this will show management that the demand for Frozen is as big as those 5 hour lines would suggest and they'll decide against Frozen at Maelstrom.

And you are twisting my words. Not all criticism of WDW is wanting to see them fail. Plenty is valid. You seem to be missing my point though. It's not worth over-criticizing this event imo given that it was put together in 10 days according to trusted member at Magic.

Yes, I can agree with that. I think the bigger issue is people (some Disney fans) pretending this is a much bigger deal than it is. I try not to be too hard on this because yeah, for being put together in 10 days, it is what it is. I think I'm more annoyed with TDO for doing a thrown together event like this in the first place. They knew Diagon was coming, they knew Frozen was a big hit. I'm not saying they had the time to build an attraction based on Frozen between January and now, but they could have planned this entire Frozen event months ago and it could have been much better. That's where my "sitting on their ass" comment comes from. I just view this more as lazy than anything else. No one can deny that it COULD have been better if planned earlier and I'm not sure what the excuse is for not starting earlier.

yeah, UniversalFreak Im not sure where you got the idea that anything youre getting defensive over was directed at you. The general vibe on this forum seems to be skewed to being much more lenient toward Universal and more critical toward Disney...thats not directed at anyone in particular, it just seems to be a trend here. The Frozen summer thing was rushed, and Disney has been stagnant in the new attractions/innovation department. But that doesnt mean that everything they do is terrible, either.

Yes, I can agree with that. I think the bigger issue is people (some Disney fans) pretending this is a much bigger deal than it is. I try not to be too hard on this because yeah, for being put together in 10 days, it is what it is. I think I'm more annoyed with TDO for doing a thrown together event like this in the first place. They knew Diagon was coming, they knew Frozen was a big hit. I'm not saying they had the time to build an attraction based on Frozen between January and now, but they could have planned this entire Frozen event months ago and it could have been much better. That's where my "sitting on their ass" comment comes from. I just view this more as lazy than anything else. No one can deny that it COULD have been better if planned earlier and I'm not sure what the excuse is for not starting earlier.
I absolutely agree that this could have and should have been planned out farther ahead of time. The budgets have been tight though because of MyMagic+ so anything getting an approved budget aside from upcharge events recently has been a surprise.

Last edited:
yeah, UniversalFreak Im not sure where you got the idea that anything youre getting defensive over was directed at you. The general vibe on this forum seems to be skewed to being much more lenient toward Universal and more critical toward Disney...thats not directed at anyone in particular, it just seems to be a trend here. The Frozen summer thing was rushed, and Disney has been stagnant in the new attractions/innovation department. But that doesnt mean that everything they do is terrible, either.

I wasn't saying your comments were directed to me, I was just speaking on behalf of the people you might be referring to, as a Universal fan (but not a Disney hater). I also fail to see where this board in general is more lenient toward Universal and more critical toward Disney. I think right now it might appear that we are more Universal based because there is just more to talk about when it comes to Universal at the moment, but I think that problem stretches across all theme park fan boards. Perhaps the vocal minority is more lenient to Uni, but I think the rest of us is quick to point out when Universal screws up. I think we praise Disney when they succeed...even if I can't recall a recent memory when they did :lol:

maybe here everyone is a fan of Uni but go anywhere online or look at a youtube video and it is nothing but love for Disney. Before Potter came to Universal I wouldn't see that many good comments about it around online, or any comments at all.
Yes, there are fanboys of both and haters of both parks, But I've always seen more Disney love in general. Specially around the Holidays, December is pretty annoying with the love for Disney/hate for Uni comments on facebook and such.

I wish Disney would just improve on itself. the parks are good but they could be better.

I've seen some pretty terrible universal wand strokers in my day. Anybody who can truly say universal is perfect resort is pretty much ignoring 1/3 of the entire resort (do I even have to name the attractions). Universal is my favorite resort in orlando bar none but I can admit it's faults as can everybody. But Disney in general they just isn't doing enough. This day in age we expect new rides and experiences every 1 or 2 years. They aren't delivering and as so they get critiqued. I feel like they are too comfortable and are afraid they can't knock down anything due to fan backlash. They've gotten to a point in their life where they are so big and have so many people that go every other day that they don't need to worry about attendance or backlash because they will still get positive reviews from everybody outside the theme park community. If universal was as big as Disney I'd expect the same thing from them

I've seen some pretty terrible universal wand strokers in my day. Anybody who can truly say universal is perfect resort is pretty much ignoring 1/3 of the entire resort (do I even have to name the attractions). Universal is my favorite resort in orlando bar none but I can admit it's faults as can everybody. But Disney in general they just isn't doing enough. This day in age we expect new rides and experiences every 1 or 2 years. They aren't delivering and as so they get critiqued. I feel like they are too comfortable and are afraid they can't knock down anything due to fan backlash. They've gotten to a point in their life where they are so big and have so many people that go every other day that they don't need to worry about attendance or backlash because they will still get positive reviews from everybody outside the theme park community. If universal was as big as Disney I'd expect the same thing from them

Yep excellent point.

That's the thing, They did get too comfortable and they are too big to fail. They don't really need to do much to the parks because people and hardcore fans will go no matter what.

MK is a great park but the other 3 are not that great anymore. there is nothing that great about the other 3 parks. I Think the biggest problem is that people use Magic K to defend Disney while conveniently ignore the other 3 parks (No one in here of course, I mean online in general)

Support and love for MK always ends up being what people use to explain why is better than Uni.

Yep excellent point.

That's the thing, They did get too comfortable and they are too big to fail. They don't really need to do much to the parks because people and hardcore fans will go no matter what.

MK is a great park but the other 3 are not that great anymore. there is nothing that great about the other 3 parks. I Think the biggest problem is that people use Magic K to defend Disney while conveniently ignore the other 3 parks (No one in here of course, I mean online in general)

Support and love for MK always ends up being what people use to explain why is better than Uni.
I definitely agree and another thing I have against Disney is that in cases they don't know when to stop. MK is done, sure it has a couple crappy rides but it's complete. You could spend the entire day there, many rides and just tons of love put into every corner....leave it alone. When it ain't broke don't fix it. There isn't no reason to keep adding make up on a already beautiful girl. They could seriously not add another ride or anything and keep MK the same way it is now for atleast 20 years and I'd still be solid. There wasn't a need for a fantasy land expansion nor most other additions during the past decade. Why can't they just call it quits and help make is younger uglier siblings on the same level? Those parks have more potential than any universal park could dream to be yet they aren't taking advantage of it and it's a real shame. Here's to the future...or lack there of

Now that NFL is done, I think Disney will be focusing on the other parks. Avatar (AK), Star Wars (DS), and Frozen (EP) are all part of that plan.

Wow... I am slightly impressed that Disney decided to do anything quickly. That in itself is a challenge for a company like Disney. It sounds the event as a whole is a success, but that parts of it probably needed more work. But overall the fact that Disney did anything fast is somewhat good, because maybe the culture at the higher up level is changing. Yes, it wasn't the best execution, but fast for Disney is a huge improvement.

Now that NFL is done, I think Disney will be focusing on the other parks. Avatar (AK), Star Wars (DS), and Frozen (EP) are all part of that plan.

Hopefully all of those are going to be worthwhile attractions, those parks need life support because universal is probably gonna kill 2 of them in attendance in the upcoming years

I definitely agree and another thing I have against Disney is that in cases they don't know when to stop. MK is done, sure it has a couple crappy rides but it's complete. You could spend the entire day there, many rides and just tons of love put into every corner....leave it alone. When it ain't broke don't fix it. There isn't no reason to keep adding make up on a already beautiful girl. They could seriously not add another ride or anything and keep MK the same way it is now for atleast 20 years and I'd still be solid. There wasn't a need for a fantasy land expansion nor most other additions during the past decade. Why can't they just call it quits and help make is younger uglier siblings on the same level? Those parks have more potential than any universal park could dream to be yet they aren't taking advantage of it and it's a real shame. Here's to the future...or lack there of

Capacity. MK, being the most-visited theme park in the world, needed the increase in capacity.

Wow... I am slightly impressed that Disney decided to do anything quickly. That in itself is a challenge for a company like Disney. It sounds the event as a whole is a success, but that parts of it probably needed more work. But overall the fact that Disney did anything fast is somewhat good, because maybe the culture at the higher up level is changing. Yes, it wasn't the best execution, but fast for Disney is a huge improvement.
Exactly, and the order came straight from the man who is one of the front runners to replace Iger as CEO (Tom Staggs).

- - - Updated - - -

Soarin' is also rumored to be getting a third theater and a changeover to "Soarin over the World" after that opens in Shanghai.

Lord help us I pray that doesn't happen.
Well, it's not like many of the options are that much better. They'd have to outsource for me to feel good about anyone.

At least Staggs has show that he cares to a point about the parks. At the end of the day though, he's still a finance guy.

Well, it's not like many of the options are that much better. They'd have to outsource for me to feel good about anyone.

At least Staggs has show that he cares to a point about the parks. At the end of the day though, he's still a finance guy.

Not all Finance guys are bad. Some see the long term picture. If he sees the long term picture he will see that money needs to be spent now to keep their position in the future. I don't know much about Staggs or really any of the management at Disney. All I know is the type of culture Disney has and I worked for a company with this type of culture. If Staggs will change the culture (has to be done at the CEO level) that things are done faster, I am all for it.

Oh, and maybe he will also stop all the wasteful spending. The stories I have heard about the maintenance team is just crazy. Disney would have more money for new stuff if they got their spending in check on other stuff.