Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 24: From Dusk Till Dawn

2 house announcements, 2 houses forced onto creative by marketing.

A new age of darkness has begun!

It's a shame we lost an original for this. Walking Dead I can at least understand, but c'mon, no one in Orlando is coming for this television show.

I'm sure it will follow the bar, into the catacombs, a few ancient rooms and maybe back to the bar(somehow)

As guests navigate the maze and venture deep within the bowels of “The Twister,” they will find themselves face to face with a cast of perverse characters, including exotic dancer, Santanico Pandemonium, a mysterious and irresistible “Culebras” femme fatale and Queen Vampire.

Seems like Hollywood will have 3 speaking actor parts(The brothers and the doorman) outside the maze. Wish we could have that.

A new age of darkness has begun!

It's a shame we lost an original for this. Walking Dead I can at least understand, but c'mon, no one in Orlando is coming for this television show.

Maybe not the show but I am fond of the movie. The show looks worth checking out though (which I'm sure is exactly what they wanted).

I'm sure it will follow the bar, into the catacombs, a few ancient rooms and maybe back to the bar(somehow)

Seems like Hollywood will have 3 speaking actor parts(The brothers and the doorman) outside the maze. Wish we could have that.

We always have at least one maze with "barkers" out front. For Hostel it was the hot European ladies leading you into the club. For Silent Hill it was Howard the mailman. For Insidious it was Specks and Tucker. They are all great additions that pull you into the maze before you even step foot inside.

The only thing I'm slightly interested in within this house is the eye candy...if you know what I mean :wave: hopefully the drunks don't get too carried away with the scantily clad vampires, definitely wouldn't want a disaster to insue

The only thing I'm slightly interested in within this house is the eye candy...if you know what I mean :wave: hopefully the drunks don't get too carried away with the scantily clad vampires, definitely wouldn't want a disaster to insue

I wonder what is actually going to happen with this.

Will most of the vampires be female? will they be wearing small outfits? I could see Hollywood going all out but I think the Orlando event will be a lot more... conservative

I wonder what is actually going to happen with this.

Will most of the vampires be female? will they be wearing small outfits? I could see Hollywood going all out but I think the Orlando event will be a lot more... conservative

According to Aiello, they are going to be as faithful as they are "able" to be.

According to Aiello, they are going to be as faithful as they are "able" to be.

This doesn't reflect on the Creative team at all, but they really shouldn't be forced to wrestle with a property whose principal themes (i.e. the actual name for "The Twister," the whole idea of stripping and sensuality gone awry, etc.) seem to make the powers that be fundamentally uncomfortable.

In other words... if you aren't willing to fully explore the property (not due to logistical or technical concerns but rather than content appropriateness objections), it shouldn't be done. I know we don't know the details of the entirety of the house or its stripping scenes, but it's a key portion and theme of the story and property (unlike American Werewolf's theater, which was but a memorable scene in a film much larger in scope). If they aren't willing to use the other "T" word in defining the chief location for the action, how authentic is the actual experience inside going to be?

I mean, didn't we have the BJ scene in Club Vampyr? That was a relatively recent banner year with huge IPs. I really think HHN has gotten soft.

In other words... if you aren't willing to fully explore the property (not due to logistical or technical concerns but rather than content appropriateness objections), it shouldn't be done. I know we don't know the details of the entirety of the house or its stripping scenes, but it's a key portion and theme of the story and property (unlike American Werewolf's theater, which was but a memorable scene in a film much larger in scope). If they aren't willing to use the other "T" word in defining the chief location for the action, how authentic is the actual experience inside going to be?

I mean, didn't we have the BJ scene in Club Vampyr? That was a relatively recent banner year with huge IPs. I really think HHN has gotten soft.

That's what I am wondering about.
It is kind of funny because you can have corpses burning and people getting killed in all kinds of ways, can have guts everywhere, But they can't name the bar with the right name........ feels bizarre when you think about it

That's what I am wondering about.
It is kind of funny because you can have corpses burning and people getting killed in all kinds of ways, can have guts everywhere, But they can't name the bar with the right name........ feels bizarre when you think about it

That's a larger problem of misdirected censorship that's omnipresent in much of American media and is largely thanks to the corrupt, misguided practices of the MPAA (if you haven't seen "This Film is Not Yet Rated," I highly recommend it - I believe it's still available on Netflix).

That said, even the gore has been turned down overall in recent years. It seems if a property demands it it'll happen (ala Evil Dead), but in original concepts, it seems shied away from - this could be more of a creative choice, or more of a "guiding hand" from the people above Creative. The gore that does happen tends to be off to the side, ala Bloodengutz... something to look for, but not front and center. Hades back in 2010 was a major disappointment in this regard - though that year was the one that felt like they were hesitating in going all in with the violence.

This Film is Not Yet Rated, I'll give it a watch

Yeah it's incredibly interesting for a film buff like myself. But I definitely agree with fallow, why fight for the property if your going to tone it down significantly. Sounds like this could be a potential stinker house

Agreed that this house seems pretty odd and they will likely have to tiptoe around the central concept and theme of the movie, I haven't seen the show so I don't know how different it is.

HHN has definitely been toned down overtime picking up pace pretty much after the IOA years. I would have to say it is because of the popularity of the event and that the demographic has changed pretty severely. There are way too many younger kids including babies for them to go as over the top as they used to because the backlash from people complaining that for some reason a scareactor scared their baby and made them cry.

On one hand I understand why Uni just can't go around saying the T word on their social media outlets. Perhaps the facade will have the name and the graphic. As far as the Dancers, it will follow the format of the show. In which there is no nudity just bikini dancers. I'm sure they will be well staged away from the guest, could very well be behind a cage. Think back to Alice Cooper house.

Spot on AdOniS8, don't even get me started on the baby subject.

Universal should not let babies into the event the same way that babies can't ride thrill rides

IF rides have restrictions, houses or just the event itself should technically have some restrictions for little ones as well. I know some people would complain and be enraged but universal will get complaints from the kids that got scared anyway...

Universal is really dropping the ball with HHN, it is a shame because they are doing so amazingly with the rest of the parks but when it comes to HHN it's like going backwards. :mean:

I am excited by the possibility of the catacombs part of this, that is why I liked La Llorona last year ...

As for the "babies", I went last year for the first time with my daughter who was 9 at the time, I only did so because I knew she'd be ok and this year she is very eager to go again. I agree though, the event should not be toned done because kids might go, after all, it is a horror event! Only thing about HHN that bothers me is the drunks, but then I leave at about 21h to catch the bus, so people are only halfway drunk lol