Cabana Bay Beach Resort | Page 80 | Inside Universal Forums

Cabana Bay Beach Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
i bet this bridge would look amazing after all the plants have had some time to grow up. I really thought that the bridge was going to be painted though instead of left the natural concrete color?

Now the real question is... how long does it take to get to..let's say.. CityWalk from the bridge?

Now the real question is... how long does it take to get to..let's say.. CityWalk from the bridge?

It looks like apx. the same distance as Portofino to CitiWalk. If that is the case it usually takes us 15 to 18 minutes (depending how fast we walk) to make it to CitiWalk from Portofino. Just a guess though.

It looks like apx. the same distance as Portofino to CitiWalk. If that is the case it usually takes us 15 to 18 minutes (depending how fast we walk) to make it to CitiWalk from Portofino. Just a guess though.

The walk from Portofino to is about a mile I believe...so if they're the same distance, yeah, it'd be about how long it takes you to walk a mile.

I had to guess at where the walkway crosses over the river, but here is my exact measurement in google earth, path and result.

walk_distance_zps4ff26bdb.jpg

So basically a half a mile. (unless I screwed up the path royally)

I had to guess at where the walkway crosses over the river, but here is my exact measurement in google earth, path and result.

U have to account for the ramps on either side of the bridge. That adds some considerable distance that probably bumps it closer to a mile.

Oh I see the map now. It's honestly not as far as I thought. To me it looks like a shorter walk than the Portofino. Definitely shorter if you are walking to IOA.

One the OU peoples posted a great pic of the ramps on twitter today. I estimate the length both ways is about 250' for a total of 500'.

B18QtNJIQAAgBAF.jpg

btw, 500' is approximately 1/10 of a mile. :wave:

^ I was going to ask where is Kubersky when you need him a while back, but I always forget how to spell his name.

I wonder what the diamond shaped spray paint markings on brand new sidewalk indicate at around 4:35?

Also I don't know if y'all know this tip, but if you opt into the HTML5 video player you can adjust the playback speed. (click the gear for the settings) http://www.youtube.com/html5