Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Opening June 28, 2024) | Page 83 | Inside Universal Forums

Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Opening June 28, 2024)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think it's fair to point out that many AAs used for Splash were recycled from America Sings. They were able to get creative in that regard to fill the attraction up. Tiana's didn't get the same benefit.
I knew that for Disneyland’s but I didn’t realize they shipped some of them over to MK’s Splash.

Still, my point remains. Even though they reused a lot of AAs from America Sings, they still built that entire ride from the ground up. Why can’t they at least try to match that AA count that Splash did since it’s an overlay? They still made a fair amount of AAs specifically for that ride.

When changing it, they should have realized part of what made Splash great was for its heavy cast of AAs and clear linear story as the ride progresses. There are noticeable empty spaces in ride, and there is no clear story.

I think it's fair to point out that many AAs used for Splash were recycled from America Sings. They were able to get creative in that regard to fill the attraction up. Tiana's didn't get the same benefit.
That only applies to the Disneyland version of the attraction. Every animatronic in WDW's Splash was built specifically for it.

I knew that for Disneyland’s but I didn’t realize they shipped some of them over to MK’s Splash.

That only applies to the Disneyland version of the attraction. Every animatronic in WDW's Splash was built specifically for it.

And that's what happens when I'm half paying attention. Ignore the dumb dumb.

I think folks had their expectations way too high for this ride. I knew we weren’t going to have as many animatronics as the original version just because it’s modern Disney.

Also they were trying to fit a C ticket attraction into a E ticket level ride. Splash was amazing for what it was but it was built in totally different era so I didn’t expect the same quality.

• Sad
Reactions: Clive
I think folks had their expectations way too high for this ride. I knew we weren’t going to have as many animatronics as the original version just because it’s modern Disney.

Also they were trying to fit a C ticket attraction into a E ticket level ride. Splash was amazing for what it was but it was built in totally different era so I didn’t expect the same quality.
lol

Yeah, sorry we thought a Multi Billion dollar company could improve a ride....30 years after it came out

Once again its not a bad attraction but feels like in someway feels like a board of people made this ride and wish.....really wish they listened to fans and old creatives on what we wanted her

We wanted Princess the the Frog the Movie as a ride.....not a sequel where all the characters just smile and have little to no different personally.

They could have built a BRAND new ride but they choose to bring a classic down for this....I hope they can improve it at WDW and hope Disneyland version being smaller makes it where less characters still works but we just saw Fantasy Springs and we see whats coming to Epic Universe. Disney is making money so whatever a little bit of people online critiquing is a fair price

Maybe Disney can instead if giving us excuses on why some of the new films are meh and some new rides don't hit as hard they can listen to the past and the people who go to the parks

Reactions: SeventyOne
lol

Yeah, sorry we thought a Multi Billion dollar company could improve a ride....30 years after it came out

Once again its not a bad attraction but feels like in someway feels like a board of people made this ride and wish.....really wish they listened to fans and old creatives on what we wanted her

We wanted Princess the the Frog the Movie as a ride.....not a sequel where all the characters just smile and have little to no different personally.

They could have built a BRAND new ride but they choose to bring a classic down for this....I hope they can improve it at WDW and hope Disneyland version being smaller makes it where less characters still works but we just saw Fantasy Springs and we see whats coming to Epic Universe. Disney is making money so whatever a little bit of people online critiquing is a fair price

Maybe Disney can instead if giving us excuses on why some of the new films are meh and some new rides don't hit as hard they can listen to the past and the people who go to the parks
That was just my opinion.

I don’t feel the ride is the best thing in the world.

But some people went in expecting to hate this ride because of the ridiculous agendas they have against Disney.

Some of the criticism I’ve seen hasn’t been warranted and instead turned into political controversy.

Splash is no more and people will eventually learn to seperate the two. But the average guest is gonna enjoy the ride because it’s something to do.

Reactions: Nico
lol

I wanna say Disney has been not hitting the mark as of late.... ( pretty much everything since galaxy’s edge has been met with harsh criticism lol)

Last edited:
Reactions: Freak

I still have not watched anything regarding the ride yet, but one thing I can comment on is that Splash was NOT a C ticket. It was an E.

I’m saying Tiana could have easily been a C ticket level Fantasyland type addition versus shoehorning into a space designed for an E ticket which was Splash.
ANY, literally ANY ip can be a C ticket level dark ride. The IP does not dictate how big or small an attraction will be. Attractions and IPs should be looked at in terms of if the IP has something within it that the imagineers can do something special with.

That’s it. Song of the South certainly isn’t an IP most people would’ve even thought would get an E-Ticket even back when it was built.

Have you seen the ticket prices and profits Disney parks bring in? The expectations should be higher than 30 years ago. Back then tickets were way cheaper compared to wages and technology was worse.

Every new large attraction Disney completes should be a banger at these rates.

No one outside of Disney has so many fans making excuses for them. I always liked that these boards have universal fans more willing to be critical of universal where it was warranted.

Have you seen the ticket prices and profits Disney parks bring in? The expectations should be higher than 30 years ago. Back then tickets were way cheaper compared to wages and technology was worse.

Every new large attraction Disney completes should be a banger at these rates.

No one outside of Disney has so many fans making excuses for them. I always liked that these boards have universal fans more willing to be critical of universal where it was warranted.
$159 yesterday for a 1-day ticket to MK

• Wow
Reactions: SeventyOne