Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

New Water Park coming to Universal Orlando?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is what I'm hearing.

2 large and possibly one small boutique really high end.

With Cabana Bay not being as tall as it should have been and the plans for Sapphire changing slightly to encompass more space, the future boutique hotel has now been moved across I4 as a possibility just as you said. Just not sure where exactly.

That is what I'm hearing.

2 large and possibly one small boutique really high end.
If they are building 2-3 hotels like that, would be nice to see them do something like Disney's Boardwalk and build it all along the same strip and with some nice views (and possibly more shopping) given they will be farther away from the parks.

If they are building 2-3 hotels like that, would be nice to see them do something like Disney's Boardwalk and build it all along the same strip and with some nice views (and possibly more shopping) given they will be farther away from the parks.
WDW Has the luxury of having connected lakes and an access road that goes around the resorts.

of8t1r9pd

Universak Blvd could be a problem connecting the hotels with the water access.

image hosting free

Any word yet on what Universal is going (or if they are even going to) to do about connecting this to the current resort? Part of the lure of the current resorts for me is the proximity to the parks and Citywalk now. Im not so sure im going to be that excited to stay off site if there isn't some for of transportation to their current offerings. Something nicer and more efficient that a bug would be super cool also :lol:
They could work with the FDOT to put an overpass over the I-4 on ramp (and sort of make it like the bridge/walkway to cabana with greenery) so it never really feels like you are leaving Universal property when you are going from those hotels to the parks. Just farther away.

That would seem like the best way to do it imo, plus you wouldn't have to wait at the light anymore either.

So are we still expecting an announcement this week?

What? There might be an official announcement this week?

I am thinking again about what would make an interesting water park ride, a hydromagnetic mat racer type slide, I had a dream of it once. Of course in my dream you also went completely upside down through a looping lol.

This wouldn't surprise me. Both Sea World and Busch Gardens have plans to announce their new rides tomorrow and Thursday...why not steal some of their thunder with the announcement of a whole new park? Uni loves doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.