Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Future of Aquatica

Aug 15, 2014
--Classified--
Any thoughts on if Aquatica Orlando will get a new attraction next year?

What kind of slide will it be? Where will it go?

Any other ideas for future expansion at Aquatica?

I got the idea for this thread after watching OU's interview with Brian Morrow. He says all Orlando parks may see something new in the coming year.

Last edited:
Probably in 2018 they will get something, one attraction can"t compete against a park, plus WnW is gone, so the impact might not be that much. I think they will have to extend the boundaries of the park though to make room, there is quite a bit of land there which is theirs, but it is across the exit lane, so they would have to re-structure all of that.

Probably in 2018 they will get something, one attraction can"t compete against a park, plus WnW is gone, so the impact might not be that much. I think they will have to extend the boundaries of the park though to make room, there is quite a bit of land there which is theirs, but it is across the exit lane, so they would have to re-structure all of that.
Yeah, they might get a ton of the Wet & Wild locals. I doubt many of the Wet & Wild locals will end up at Volcano Bay. It'll probably be priced out of their range, plus it will not be as convenient.

Yeah, they might get a ton of the Wet & Wild locals. I doubt many of the Wet & Wild locals will end up at Volcano Bay. It'll probably be priced out of their range, plus it will not be as convenient.

VB still more convenient and more likely to have "thrill ride" appeal than Aquatica. In-season, I think there is easily room for four water parks in Orlando.

Now Wolf Lodge, that might be a bridge too far.

VB still more convenient and more likely to have "thrill ride" appeal than Aquatica. In-season, I think there is easily room for four water parks in Orlando.

I have a feeling they will be discouraging the locals from coming to VB by pricing them out, trying to keep it more or less exclusive to the Universal Resort guests and keeping out the riff-raff with either very expensive APs or no APs at all.

Great Wolf Lodge will similarly be only catering to their own guests with very limited day passes available.

Aquatica will continue to grow and expand and definitely get the lions share of the former WnW locals since they price to get people through the doors more than Disney does and Universal will.

Wolf Lodge is going to fail and I hope it does.
Many people will simply visit Volcano Bay because it is new no matter how much it costs. It's Also the most convenient like you stated.

Great Wolf Lodge will do just fine. They are very popular with families and they are priced lower than Disney's hotels and offer families more.

I'm not sure, but I would guess they will be comparable to the one day tickets to Universal. Unlike the other waterparks that are under $60 for the day, I'd guess these will be closer to full price theme park tickets since they are billing it as a theme park.

Is the land directly to the south of Aquatica SeaWorld property? If so, they could almost double the size of the park. Reroute the Southern entrance to the one street that has the...Mellow Mushroom, according to Bing and connect it back to the parking lot.

Is the land directly to the south of Aquatica SeaWorld property? If so, they could almost double the size of the park. Reroute the Southern entrance to the one street that has the...Mellow Mushroom, according to Bing and connect it back to the parking lot.
Yep, the own it. I expect them to expand south in the next addition, so they would have to reroute that road.

I'm not sure, but I would guess they will be comparable to the one day tickets to Universal. Unlike the other waterparks that are under $60 for the day, I'd guess these will be closer to full price theme park tickets since they are billing it as a theme park.

I agree with you that the locals will end up at Aquatica. Already many locals go there and they have a good reputation among locals. I also think it is easy to get to and they have fairly cheap day and AP prices. You can get some pretty good sales with them.

However, no way does Universal price their tickets that high. I imagine they will be equal to Disney water park pricing and have an add on option to multi day tickets. They will also have AP and again, they will price themselves around Disney pricing. They already on a theme park side price themselves around Disney, why in the world would they price their water park WAY higher than Disney?

I wonder what's up. Their mat racer slide is in the process of being deconstructed. I don't think it is a major project because their next expansion calls for being south of the current property.

I agree with you that the locals will end up at Aquatica. Already many locals go there and they have a good reputation among locals. I also think it is easy to get to and they have fairly cheap day and AP prices. You can get some pretty good sales with them.

However, no way does Universal price their tickets that high. I imagine they will be equal to Disney water park pricing and have an add on option to multi day tickets. They will also have AP and again, they will price themselves around Disney pricing. They already on a theme park side price themselves around Disney, why in the world would they price their water park WAY higher than Disney?
They will price rickets that high because they can sell it in multi day packages given the current resort capacity. Universal's main parks can support at least 9 plus million a year given current demand. Their resorts are in high demand and the largest water parks get maybe 2+ million a year. Many of these guests will be sold the package with the water park. Add the other people and this park will be packed until they build a real third gate or numbers drop..