Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Scare Actor Dining

I wish you didn't need a HHN ticket for this. I'd love to do the dinner and then bounce. Buffets and haunted houses don't mix for me. Fright Feast + Trapped In The Walls' first year = me dry heaving near a dumpster.

Hi Guys! Those of you that have done the Scareactor Dining Experience buffet before, do you all feel that you got your money's worth? From your experience last year what Scareactors were you able to see during the time for the buffet? I wanted to try this out last year but between time and budgetary constraints, it just didn't happen and was trying to plan accordingly for this year.

Hi Guys! Those of you that have done the Scareactor Dining Experience buffet before, do you all feel that you got your money's worth? From your experience last year what Scareactors were you able to see during the time for the buffet? I wanted to try this out last year but between time and budgetary constraints, it just didn't happen and was trying to plan accordingly for this year.

I didn't do it but from watching the videos from VFTCS and Tim Tracker it seems like they have a good mix of characters from the streets and the houses. It looks like something I might look into doing this year.

My family enjoyed this last year and they do want to go again this year. I thought the food was really good. Last year was really special in that it was the first year. The staff seemed real proud about being giving the opportunity to host the event. The chef was out on the buffet line proudly explaining each dish and then later walking around from table to table.

To me, a lot of the appeal was just being able to relax and eat dinner while the park transitioned to HHN, we had, in the past been lucky enough to get reservations to eat at Finnagins for stay and scream, but that felt more crowded, plus the hoarde waiting in the area...here, it really wasn't too crowded the night we went and then after dinner, we even had a place to sit outside while waiting to be released. They let us go so that we were just seconds ahead of the bigger crowds coming from the other stay and scream area.

My daughter really got to spend a lot of time with the Story Teller as there was no one waiting to get a picture with her at the time we were over in the area.

The only bad for me is that my daughter doesn't need a $50 meal, but it is character dinning so that makes if fun.

I do know I like to get into the park early enough for stay and scream and that we will eat dinner during the event and this event last year made the wait rather pleasant while getting dinner out of the way.

I am sure we will go again one night this year and I know it was worth it to us last year....it somehow felt like spending quality time with friends ( that's props to the staff and the actors).

So I just phoned up Uni to reserve my slot for this.... I'm a bit premature, you can't make ressies until the 30 day mark *crying with laughter* - the poor girl on the phone must have thought I was some nutter!

I made reservations for this on Saturday and once I picked a date and paid I was directed to reservations. Once they answered I selected a time. The only weird thing is I had to make a separate reservation for each person not the whole group. I even have an email confirmation with the time for each person. I would call reservations back with your confirmation number and they should let you select the time you want.

I made reservations for this on Saturday and once I picked a date and paid I was directed to reservations. Once they answered I selected a time. The only weird thing is I had to make a separate reservation for each person not the whole group. I even have an email confirmation with the time for each person. I would call reservations back with your confirmation number and they should let you select the time you want.

I just called, all booked and got the time I wanted :) Now, we wait.

I didn't do it but from watching the videos from VFTCS and Tim Tracker it seems like they have a good mix of characters from the streets and the houses. It looks like something I might look into doing this year.

Thanks for the links to the vids! It definitely is tempting to do it this year, trying to find the time/budget to do it on my trip this year!

We did this last year and will be doing it again this year(Sept 16th). Is it worth the money? For us it was, for others maybe not. The food was good, not great, but all you can eat and your not rushed. What made this worthwhile for us was the scareactors and the time they spend with you. Lots of picture taking opportunities. Just a fun time and so much better than waiting at some of the "Stay and Scream" areas.

We did this last year and will be doing it again this year(Sept 16th). Is it worth the money? For us it was, for others maybe not. The food was good, not great, but all you can eat and your not rushed. What made this worthwhile for us was the scareactors and the time they spend with you. Lots of picture taking opportunities. Just a fun time and so much better than waiting at some of the "Stay and Scream" areas.

See you there on the 16th!

Just had a 'screw it, it's only money' moment and added this to our trip. Looking forward to a photo with Chance and testing the boundaries of human consumption with cheesecake.
I could be totally wrong about this unless something was already announced, but I wouldn't necessarily count on Chance being there.. I don't believe Jack or Chance made any appearances at Scareactor Dining last year.

I could be totally wrong about this unless something was already announced, but I wouldn't necessarily count on Chance being there.. I don't believe Jack or Chance made any appearances at Scareactor Dining last year.

Yeah I was kinda hoping for a Jack sighting but it was not to be. Liked it overall and might do it again if it strikes me but not a must do for me. Now if reports come out that Chance IS there.......

The wording when booking the dining experience states "Plus, there's a Chance you might run into some of this year's most popular scareactors." I don't believe that wording (and the fact the word has a capital letter in the middle of a sentence) is accidental ;)

The wording when booking the dining experience states "Plus, there's a Chance you might run into some of this year's most popular scareactors." I don't believe that wording (and the fact the word has a capital letter in the middle of a sentence) is accidental ;)

I can only hope, if there is a Chance of Chance I will book. The food was good, the atmosphere was spooky and the actors were plentiful so it was worth it for me even if "The Storyteller" wouldn't tell me a story when I asked her at the photo op :)

It was specifically mentioned somewhere that Chance would be available for photo ops at the scare actor dining.

It was specifically mentioned somewhere that Chance would be available for photo ops at the scare actor dining.

OK, I am going hunting

edit: I went hunting but other than the mention that @Freddyglove posted I am not finding. Guess I will wait for the first nights reviews. Last year it was not the same characters for the photo ops every night and with this year being 20 nights I am sure they will change up

Last edited: