Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 604 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Whats the wait time for kong in the morning when the park opens?
Does this ride closes if it rains? Does potter close the train if theres rain?
Kong builds a line fast early since early entry people head there as soon as they are allowed along with day guests rushing it since its the new thing.

The ride runs in the rain but skips the outside portion and the train to my knowledge doesn't close in the rain.

Reactions: Lucky Planet
Not sure if this has been asked but did they ever add the Jurassic Park entrance sign after you leave Skull Island that they took down? Or does it just transition into JP without the JP arch?

Got in two rides before closing. First run was on the vehicle in under 15 minutes. Second run was no wait. Took 3 minutes from going through the standby entrance to being assigned a row. It was strange walking through the queue so quickly.

The ride bypassed the outside portion both times, despite PF running and no rain.

I never came back to comment on how I liked the ride. I thought it was great- and have a couple things to share that haven't been offered:

1- My 3 year old (just turned 3 on the 10th of Sept) absolutely loved it. The queue was a little scary for her- not bad (but she's pretty decent with scary stuff)- so we gave her a ring-pop in line and she didn't care about the queue anymore. She also liked the worm. My 7 year old was more than fine. My 3 year old also said it was her favorite ride and asked me what King Kong did to the dinosaurs mouth. I said he broke it. She still, to this day, goes to random strangers and tells them "King Kong Broke the Dinosaurs Mouth" and then opens her mouth wide with her hands and says "like this". I'm not sure if I should feel proud or embarrassed :)

2- the ride broke down on us the first day and we were evacuated with the stairs, lights on, etc.

As most of you know, the truck sits on little hydraulic pads for each scene. They are just big enough for the tires. But during our evac, we had audio sync issues as well. In the bug scene, after the scene was done, the screen went white and we got the in-car audio from the 360 scene. Then, we started moving after the audio was done and watched the 360 scene with no in-car audio, only outside audio.
This was the interesting part. So there are two soundtracks (at least during the 360 scene). The in-vehicle audio is approx 4x the volume of the outside audio and it contains Kong landing on the roof, big growls, lots of bass, the music, etc. The outside audio contains minor sounds such as leaves rustling, dinosaurs calling from the distance, and other "secondary" background noises. It is about 1/4 the volume of the in-vehicle audio.
So the summary is- there are two soundtracks and they both sync up during the scenes. I'm sure most everyone assumed it was just one, so that is pretty unique there.

I never came back to comment on how I liked the ride. I thought it was great- and have a couple things to share that haven't been offered:

1- My 3 year old (just turned 3 on the 10th of Sept) absolutely loved it. The queue was a little scary for her- not bad (but she's pretty decent with scary stuff)- so we gave her a ring-pop in line and she didn't care about the queue anymore. She also liked the worm. My 7 year old was more than fine. My 3 year old also said it was her favorite ride and asked me what King Kong did to the dinosaurs mouth. I said he broke it. She still, to this day, goes to random strangers and tells them "King Kong Broke the Dinosaurs Mouth" and then opens her mouth wide with her hands and says "like this". I'm not sure if I should feel proud or embarrassed :)

2- the ride broke down on us the first day and we were evacuated with the stairs, lights on, etc.

As most of you know, the truck sits on little hydraulic pads for each scene. They are just big enough for the tires. But during our evac, we had audio sync issues as well. In the bug scene, after the scene was done, the screen went white and we got the in-car audio from the 360 scene. Then, we started moving after the audio was done and watched the 360 scene with no in-car audio, only outside audio.
This was the interesting part. So there are two soundtracks (at least during the 360 scene). The in-vehicle audio is approx 4x the volume of the outside audio and it contains Kong landing on the roof, big growls, lots of bass, the music, etc. The outside audio contains minor sounds such as leaves rustling, dinosaurs calling from the distance, and other "secondary" background noises. It is about 1/4 the volume of the in-vehicle audio.
So the summary is- there are two soundtracks and they both sync up during the scenes. I'm sure most everyone assumed it was just one, so that is pretty unique there.
Cool review. Did you get to ride again, with everything in working order?

Reactions: Mike S
Kids go through that "i'm not scared" phase sometimes (maybe they don't understand what's scary about it), then suddenly go the other way and are terrified when they get older. I've seen it happen with my nieces and roller coasters. They LOVED them until somehow they learned they should be afraid of them and then they wouldn't ride them again (even if they had been on them before).

Kids go through that "i'm not scared" phase sometimes (maybe they don't understand what's scary about it), then suddenly go the other way and are terrified when they get older. I've seen it happen with my nieces and roller coasters. They LOVED them until somehow they learned they should be afraid of them and then they wouldn't ride them again (even if they had been on them before).

I have been terrified ever since I reached 28. I now see how the whole world is an invitation to the grimm reaper's house these days.