Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

T-Rex Cafe

I went in January. We got there around 6:30pm on a Wednesday night and were seated within 10 minutes (there was 4 of us). The atmosphere is GREAT and I prefer the theming of T-Rex much more than Rainforest Cafe. Additionally, the food we had was head and shoulders better. We started with Dexter's Dual Dip which was very good. I ended up ordering the Paleo Shrimp. They were EXCELLENT! Not too spicy and very flavorful. I was highly impressed.

Glad you liked it BigAl, I've been there twice now and really enjoyed it both times. We had very good service and the food was good too!
I've always been a big dinosaur geek since I was little, so my opinion may be biased. However, my wife, sister and brothrt-in-law all liked T-Red better as well.

I was also impressed with T-Rex... except for the store, not much there unless you want to Build-A-Dino. :lol:
I agree. My wife was going to build a dino but then decided against it because it would just collect dust once we got it home. I really wanted to get a coffee mug, but all of them had the cartoon-ish dinos on them. Couldn't they have mugs with scientific sketches of a triceratops? t-rex? stegosaurus? Is that too much to ask?

My brother-in-law did buy one of those rocks you break open in the machine. It's cool to do it...but what do you do with the rock afterwards? :shrug:

I remember reading an article about the future of Landry's and it possibly not making it through 2009... not sure the effect it would have on WDW but it was the first thing that came to my mind. I'll see if I can still find the article.

EDIT:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/15-Companies-That-Might-Not-usnews-14279875.html

Landry's Restaurants. (LNY; about 17,000 employees; stock down 66%). This restaurant chain, which operates Chart House, Rainforest Café, and other eateries, needs $400 million in new financing to finalize a buyout deal dating to last June. If lenders come through, the company should have enough cash to ride out the recession. But at least two banks have already balked, leading to downgrades of the company's debt and the prospect of a cash-flow crunch.

We went a couple weeks back and really loved it actually.
We had a 45 minute wait on a Wednesday night. But it really wasn't so bad because you can kill 45 minutes in WoD EASY!
Plus I got to meet up with Sledge & Beachgurl for a bit :D
My son got a kick out of his half yard icee, thought he was all special having the biggest drink at the table.
We sat right by the Wooly Mammoths in a comfy spacious booth.
I thought the food was pretty good actually. I had the chicken salad crossiant sandwich, had tarragon in it like my dad makes it, so I really liked it.
The hubs got the appetizer sampler as his meal which was onion rings, a cheddar jack queso dip and chips, quesadillas and bruschetta. All pretty yum.
I was impressed that is wasn't ALL fried crap like most samplers are.

Here are some pics...

3432807361_5df4056000_o.jpg

3433618554_5f7e3e7dbe_o.jpg

3433618446_6055292706_o.jpg

3432807435_746cd9df84_o.jpg

3432819487_ce67cc25eb_o.jpg

3432819419_1b980761cd_o.jpg

3433630294_b13ea9a7d4_o.jpg

3432819263_5cdaa0c539_o.jpg

3432819201_89da028a47_o.jpg

3432819153_88f7b32c71_o.jpg

Hey just HAD to have one...

3432829765_cfd104063a_o.jpg

3433640780_0a9b7a51f7_o.jpg

Can anyone tell me what you guys usually pay for your total bill there? I'm thinking about going here on my birthday and want to know the pricing.

We went a couple weeks back and really loved it actually.
We had a 45 minute wait on a Wednesday night. But it really wasn't so bad because you can kill 45 minutes in WoD EASY!
Plus I got to meet up with Sledge & Beachgurl for a bit :D
My son got a kick out of his half yard icee, thought he was all special having the biggest drink at the table.
We sat right by the Wooly Mammoths in a comfy spacious booth.
I thought the food was pretty good actually. I had the chicken salad crossiant sandwich, had tarragon in it like my dad makes it, so I really liked it.
The hubs got the appetizer sampler as his meal which was onion rings, a cheddar jack queso dip and chips, quesadillas and bruschetta. All pretty yum.
I was impressed that is wasn't ALL fried crap like most samplers are.

Thanks for the little report, but now I'm hungry! :lol:

Can anyone tell me what you guys usually pay for your total bill there? I'm thinking about going here on my birthday and want to know the pricing.
It's not very pricey at all (at least by my standards). I looked at the T-Rex website. They have the menu for Orlando in pdf format but they left off the prices (that way they can make adjustments as needed I guess). :shrug:

First time we went had 2 adults, 2 kids, both of us had two beers. I think it was around 70 or 80 total. Second time same group with no beers it was around 50 or 60.

I think it's definitely a good value considering the quality of the food as well as the atmosphere you experience while you're there. There is so much going on that it will seem like you get your food in no time (at least it was like that for us).