T-Rex Cafe | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

T-Rex Cafe

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
We'll probably go next weekend and maybe do an early dinner or something to try and beat that rush. I hope we don't have to wait forever and a day.

Ok, we made it here today. The wait was only 40 minutes which I was actually pleasantly surprised about. Food is good, I rate it equal to Rainforest, but believe me, I'm no food critic. A good burger and I'm happy. Kids menu is the usual fare. Food is definitely on the pricey side of things though. I had the Bronto burger, which was huge, and good, but was pricey at $12, could go to do double Bronto burger for $15 but really, who needs that much?

Atmosphere was amazing. Felt kinda like the rainforest cafe but with huge and loud dinosaurs. The ice cave room is incredible, all the walls of "ice" change color and it's really cool, bad pun, lol! Gift shop is smaller than you would expect, build a dino is great, kids both did one. They also have a dino dig area which is smaller, but the same thing as the dino dig at Animal Kingdom. Nice activity for kids while you wait for a table.

Service was very good and pretty fast, but we didn't feel rushed to get out. They encouraged us to go around and take pictures but when I started video taping they asked me to stop as there is no video photography permitted inside. Weird, I would think they would want videos out on the web for publicity, didn't understand that one.

I took a lot of pictures and I'll try to post them tonight if I can.

Ok, here we go, T-REX pictorial, 10/19:

First some outside shots:
2irmc0h.jpg

wkqv77.jpg

4tos3o.jpg

10qza7q.jpg

Next some shots of the entrance/gift shop area. The huge T-REX is right when you walk in and seperates the gift shop from the restaurant.

334so4l.jpg

2nbhwdv.jpg

2ylqmq1.jpg

2gt2611.jpg

Pictures of the gift shop ceiling and Build-a-Dino:

2147abk.jpg

2mzlkt2.jpg

1r579x.jpg

241p7c6.jpg

2vtxrsy.jpg

33xy1ch.jpg

There's a lot more so stay tuned for part 2!

Why is the dinosaur in the last pic getting strangled by... sunglasses? hats? :lol:

Nice first part, the first few are shots of the place I haven't even seen yet. :rep:

Ok, now for part 2, starting out with where we sat, the Seqouia (sp?) room:

9sw01d.jpg

2eg4b54.jpg

ielc9k.jpg

Behind us was the ice cave room, all the walls change color from blue to purple to red and back to blue, really cool effect!

34r9dgw.jpg

im4c48.jpg

14wy32g.jpg

103in7o.jpg

This was right behind us, it's two huge booths built into a giant triceratops. This is one of the few dinosaurs that doesn't move:

egthz8.jpg

szvt6s.jpg

Now moving on to the ice cave room, also where the restrooms are in case you need a break:

2gt7m7c.jpg

1428sxi.jpg

iz9tap.jpg

eprnug.jpg

2gy20qh.jpg

I didn't see the official name of the next room but we'll call it the fire room. It had the kitchen of fire on one side where they are cooking:

2i16c8.jpg

2rdyqzd.jpg

2m3mdl3.jpg

This is the bar, near the entrance that is covered by a giant octopus and it's tentacles, which move. There are also a couple really nice aquariums and really cool jellyfish light fixtures-which my crappy camera flash totally messed up...

34dhezq.jpg

28wm91h.jpg

2q30zsg.jpg

2vx21ch.jpg

And finally, since I forgot earlier, here is the entrance Dino (kinda like the purple elephant at Rainforest) and a shot of the kids dino dig area:

6jlkdv.jpg

15i3y14.jpg

Had a great time and would suggest checking it out next time you are at Downtown Disney! We also walked through the mostly boarded up Pleasure Island. Here is a little nostalgia for you:

dhbfcg.jpg

Yeah the ice cave room is really cool, ha ha. Next time we go we are going to try to request to sit there. Only downside to it is there aren't any dinos or cool animatronics in there. Pretty much everything in the whole T-REX cafe does move too!

I'm so eating there in a few weeks! So how was the food? I heard they have a really good cotton candy martini :yum: which I sooo want now! I also heard they have a meteor shower every few minutes (like rainforest has a thunderstorm) was it a cool effect?!

Food was good I suppose, had a burger so, yeah. My wife had some kinda pasta thing that she said was really good. The menu really looked just like the Rainforest Cafe though just with Dino themed names.

Didn't try the cotton candy martini but it does sound good. Have to drive 45 minutes home and all! They did have a meteor shower every fifteen minutes but it's kinda stupid. The whole place gets dark and you hear crashing noises (like meteor crashes), all the dinos go haywire, in the room where we were they have red strobes flashing in the vines above and in the front rooms they have graphics of meteors shooting across the ceiling. If I had to choose I would take the rainstorm as the meteor shower was pretty cheesey.