T-Rex Cafe | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

T-Rex Cafe

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
^Lol....wow......
I went to one of these T-Rex cafes out in Kansas City, Missouri this summer and I'm wondering if it's the same company coming into Disney to open the restraunt. I assume it is but I'm still wondering.

^Lol....wow......
I went to one of these T-Rex cafes out in Kansas City, Missouri this summer and I'm wondering if it's the same company coming into Disney to open the restraunt. I assume it is but I'm still wondering.
Yes it is. The original T-Rex Cafe is in Kansas City. The parent company is Landry's, who also owns Rainforest Cafe.

Was just talking about that with the hubs the other day "Imagine if we had to live in constant fear of dinosaurs just popping up and having to always be afraid." That would be insane!

But the Japanese have been dealing with that very same problem for YEARS. You try to have a pleasant afternoon at the beach with the family and BOOM! Godzilla. The solution? Why, giant robots of course. Lots and lots of giant robots.

On topic, this sounds like an interesting novelty, but if it's anything like the Rainforest Cafe, they'll charge exhorbitant prices for really crappy food, interspersed with animatronic dinosaurs doing their thing. Because, you know, there's nothing I enjoy more with my watered down beer and bone-dry chicken sandwich than really loud roaring noises.

Probably right BSquare, Most super-themed restaurants like this, the food is so sub-par, just like Rainforest.
Its pretty and cool and all that, but the food is yuck. Hopefully they do something better here, but kinda doubtful. :shrug:

Probably right BSquare, Most super-themed restaurants like this, the food is so sub-par, just like Rainforest.
Its pretty and cool and all that, but the food is yuck. Hopefully they do something better here, but kinda doubtful. :shrug:
I'm assuming it will be pretty similar to the Rainforest Cafe. But I'll probably check it out once just to see the theming and atmosphere of the place.

Hmmm, menu is pretty interesting, we will try it out I am sure, I get tempted by atmosphere.
If the food is actually good, it will be fantastic. I want that chicken salad sandwich and the other chicken sandwich like NOW! :yum:

The boys and I are geeked up for it. Anything with giant dinosaurs has got to be good. And honestly, nobody goes here for gourmet food anyways. You know it's gonna be a crappy burger but maybe the two story T-Rex will drool down into it for us!

I always try to eat at (as well as buy a shirt from) the Hard Rock in (insert touristy destination I am at this time here), so I like my themed restaurants, and I actually like the food at HRC too. Of course, this is a different company, and I vaguely remember the last time I went to a Rain Forest Cafe and finding the pizza I got to be meh. Not-so-great food won't stop me from checking this place out next time I'm at Downtown Disney.

Oh, sure I love the animatronic animals...especially the monkeys in Rainforest Cafe. (Too bad they don't fling poo.) But sometimes I want to watch AA's and sometimes I just want to eat. Last time I ate there, we were seated right behind the AA elephants, which was fun for about 15 minutes. After that, the novelty of loud trumpeting and a twitching tail (all we could see from our seats) wore right off, and simply became annoying.

I DO like the periodic storm effects, though. I also admit that the menu sounds interesting, but I'll have to eat before I judge. And of COURSE I will eat there at least once, just to see the dinos. But I don't expect it to be a regular thing. Unless of course the T-Rex DOES drool on your food, which would be incredibly awesome.

The worst is when you are trying to have a nice meal with a date and you get seated by the gorillas or elephants and every child in the restaurant flocks around your table to try and touch them. All while their parents eat their meals and say, "isn't that cute?"

Lava Me Tenders - Golden-fried chicken tenders breaded with coconut, piled high and served with our coconut curry sauce.
(Kids Menu) Jurassic Chicken Tidbits - Dino-shaped breaded chicken tenders.