T-Rex Cafe | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

T-Rex Cafe

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I've been to Rainforest here in Orlando a couple of times, and I've been to the one at Sawgrass once. The food wasn't bad, not as bad as you people say it is, but it most certainly is overpriced. And the crowds, ugh. With so many wonderful choices of dining venues in the Orlando area, with similar food and lower prices, like TGIF, why would I want to wait an hour to pay twice as much.

I might visit T-Rex just to check it out, but I am not a fan of themed restaurants either. Typically sucky food, high prices, lots of noise, and great atmosphere. I'd rather eat at a dump with great food. Now, if I was a kid, I'd be all about these places, especially something with dinosaurs. I was a HUGE dinosaur lover when a small child.

I've been to Rainforest here in Orlando a couple of times, and I've been to the one at Sawgrass once. The food wasn't bad, not as bad as you people say it is, but it most certainly is overpriced. And the crowds, ugh. With so many wonderful choices of dining venues in the Orlando area, with similar food and lower prices, like TGIF, why would I want to wait an hour to pay twice as much.

I might visit T-Rex just to check it out, but I am not a fan of themed restaurants either. Typically sucky food, high prices, lots of noise, and great atmosphere. I'd rather eat at a dump with great food. Now, if I was a kid, I'd be all about these places, especially something with dinosaurs. I was a HUGE dinosaur lover when a small child.

EXACTLY. I just hope that Disney dosen't screw up on this restaurant and the food is actually good. Universal is good with themed resturant on the food part, just not the prices.

EXACTLY. I just hope that Disney dosen't screw up on this restaurant and the food is actually good. Universal is good with themed resturant on the food part, just not the prices.

Well actually Disney doesn't have anything to do with the way the food tastes. Rainforest Cafes across the country basically suck...not just at Disney.

Oh... my... lord! My son is a gonna crap happiness when he sees this place!
We definately will go in Nov. Let me know how the food is Kristi.
Sucks about the ADRs. Even though Rainforest blows in the food dept. they always have ridiculous waits on weekends and certain other times.
This place will be packed I bet.

Oooo some more great pics over at Orlando Sentinel I just saw.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/features_orlando/2008/10/t-rex-cafe-now.html

We are going this Sunday for the wife's birthday. I just called and learned a couple things. 1. As Kristi said, they are not taking priority seating reservations, they said they will start but not until after the first of the year. 2. Disney dining does not handle their information, you need to call the T-Rex directly, although the WDW Dine line was very nice and gave me the number.

If we can get in I will for sure get some pictures!

Cool, hope you can get in. Although I would be hesitant, because Rainforest definitely sucks food-wise. I hope T-Rex is different. Have fun if you get to go!

Oh yeah, I'm not expecting great food. But really we aren't going there for the food anyways.

I've read a couple reviews and it seems to be good so far! I've also seen some pictures of their food and it looks quite yummy, nice big portions :yum: Definitely try and give us a review Sno and let us know how it is!

Last edited: