Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

How do you use +Quote (multiquote)?

I tried to figure it out and did not get anywhere. Does someone else know?
When there is a post you want to quote, click "+Quote" and at the bottom when posting, there will be an option to "Insert Quotes".

Click that button and all of the quotes you selected will show up.

And to piggy back on that- the thing the mods keep asking that some fail to realize is to not respond multiple times in a row

So for example- instead of making this post right now, I should've just edited the one above and added this information instead of making two posts. Particularly because no one replied in between the two.

Problem with that is that you're edit could easily be missed.

Not trying to cause issues here's but why is a double post deemed such a bad thing? does it really matter ? Seems a lot of huha on the forums recently over something that seems so trivial.

I probably missing something hence posting for clarification.

Not trying to cause issues here's but why is a double post deemed such a bad thing? does it really matter ? Seems a lot of huha on the forums recently over something that seems so trivial.

I probably missing something hence posting for clarification.

One, because it's the rules.

Two, generally, the rule is there for people who try to up their post count. That's not always the case, but it is the most common form of forum etiquette. This isn't anything new.

One, because it's the rules.

Two, generally, the rule is there for people who try to up their post count. That's not always the case, but it is the most common form of forum etiquette. This isn't anything new.

I know it's not new, just never understood why it was such an issue.

Just seems a soft thing for folk to be getting up tight over. I don't see it as bad ettiquite either, it's not rude to speak twice in public :shrug:, so that leaves "because it's the rules".

Any how, no biggy makes absolutely no odds to me, just thought would try and clarify and offer opinion as it seems to be something that both regularly and unnecessarily, causes friction.

I know it's not new, just never understood why it was such an issue.

Just seems a soft thing for folk to be getting up tight over. I don't see it as bad ettiquite either, it's not rude to speak twice in public :shrug:, so that leaves "because it's the rules".

Any how, no biggy makes absolutely no odds to me, just thought would try and clarify and offer opinion as it seems to be something that both regularly and unnecessarily, causes friction.

Because it clutters up the forums. We already have people who have trouble finding info as it is. We're not talking making a post, coming back 3 hours and making another. We're talking making 3-4 posts in a row, when the tools are there not too. We already had one instance where one user made 5-6 posts back to back - and when there is 10 posts per page..... you get the math.

First- why didn't you multi quote me? :p

But you wouldn't miss anything. My rule is if There is something else to add and no one has responded- edit. If I have something else to add but there's been a response already- new post. This forum doesn't move that fast compared to others- it's just common practice on forums.
I love the input from @epcyclopedia - maybe more than anyone else simply because of the amount of content. But I am with the mods here- they can't make an exception for one guy because of the abuse and/or clutter they'll get from the other 2 dozen.

It's an easy rule- if no one has responded, just click edit and add. It literally takes no extra time- so if you're informed and you're not doing it, it's just you being rude.
Note: I only use this forum on my phone- so at least on the phone it's just as easy to hit "edit" instead of reply or quick reply.

First- why didn't you multi quote me? :p

But you wouldn't miss anything. My rule is if There is something else to add and no one has responded- edit. If I have something else to add but there's been a response already- new post. This forum doesn't move that fast compared to others- it's just common practice on forums.
I love the input from @epcyclopedia - maybe more than anyone else simply because of the amount of content. But I am with the mods here- they can't make an exception for one guy because of the abuse and/or clutter they'll get from the other 2 dozen.

It's an easy rule- if no one has responded, just click edit and add. It literally takes no extra time- so if you're informed and you're not doing it, it's just you being rude.
Note: I only use this forum on my phone- so at least on the phone it's just as easy to hit "edit" instead of reply or quick reply.

Posts generate emails. People only read the emails and then respond if they feel there is a need to respond. An edit doesn't prompt an email - and if the discussion has changed or new information is added those users do not see that information unless they manually check the thread.

Even when the next user posts under an edit, the forum linking defaults to loading that post if they choose to venture to the thread - leaving the edit unviewed.

How is information clutter? It's one thing to go back and be like "Wait, no, i meant 3 not 4." But posting new information or addressing another user is not clutter. Bits and bytes dont work that way.

Moreso to the point. Mods don't get notices of edits either.

EDIT:

tumblr_ogqwg8LKwB1rosb88o1_400.gif

Last edited: