Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Blue Man Group

In a bit of news for the BMG, the world renown company of Cirque du Soleil has officially acquired Blue Man Group.

Could this bring potential new changes coming along the way for the Orlando show once again, with the BMG now apart of a company like Cirque?

I think this is a perfect match! Hopefully they'll infuse some cash into BMG at CityWalk. It'd be cool if they built a custom venue for them.

EDIT: Great article from The New York Times: Blue Man Group Is Bought by Cirque du Soleil, With Plans to Expand - The New York Times

Last edited:
I think this is a perfect match! Hopefully they'll infuse some cash into BMG at CityWalk. It'd be cool if they built a custom venue for them.

EDIT: Great article from The New York Times: Blue Man Group Is Bought by Cirque du Soleil, With Plans to Expand - The New York Times

One of things I actually could see them do, is bring Blue Man Group as a potential new venue for the WNW project, as it does state of something unique coming over there; with a more fleshed out and fully realized venue. That way, it can then act as a potential expansion pad of the current ampatheater now in place for future expansion of USF.

One of things I actually could see them do, is bring Blue Man Group as a potential new venue for the WNW project, as it does state of something unique coming over there; with a more fleshed out and fully realized venue. That way, it can then act as a potential expansion pad of the current ampatheater now in place for future expansion of USF.
I completely agree with you. The parks need every bit of expansion room they can get and Dry and Tame needs an attraction with that many people

I completely agree with you. The parks need every bit of expansion room they can get and Dry and Tame needs an attraction with that many people

Plus, BMG is one of the more iconic toupes of entertainment in the world. With their needs to expand and upgrade, I can easily see the change of venue make perfect sense; as it will allow a more fleshed out way of seating, to accomodate more people to gain more money and to incorporate brand new scenes that may not be at the Orlando version.

The thought had occurred to me about moving to the WnW site, too, but I honestly think there's a good chance that might kill their ticket sales. I would imagine they get a lot of foot traffic from Universal Studios and CityWalk.

In my fantasy world, they would demolish Rip Ride Rockit and then build a custom venue directly next to the Hard Rock Cafe with a cool facade looking over the promenade. Then that would free up a lot of expansion space for USF, maybe even allow them to rearrange and overhaul their whole entrance/exit like so many of us want.

The thought had occurred to me about moving to the WnW site, too, but I honestly think there's a good chance that might kill their ticket sales. I would imagine they get a lot of foot traffic from Universal Studios and CityWalk.

In my fantasy world, they would demolish Rip Ride Rockit and then build a custom venue directly next to the Hard Rock Cafe with a cool facade looking over the promenade. Then that would free up a lot of expansion space for USF, maybe even allow them to rearrange and overhaul their whole entrance/exit like so many of us want.

That may be more of a potential problem, but I think the problem may not be as large as you would think, especially as it will be in the middle of UONorth and the eventual UOSouth in the coming years ahead, and that way; it adds an incentive for guests to be at when they plan what to do in the future.

Could this open the possibility of a Cirque show at WnW? I don't know if Disney has an exclusivity deal or not but if Vegas can have 6 shows within 2 miles of each other on the strip, I don't see why not plus Orlando has about 50% more visitors a year although Vegas probably has a more adult visitor.

Could this open the possibility of a Cirque show at WnW? I don't know if Disney has an exclusivity deal or not but if Vegas can have 6 shows within 2 miles of each other on the strip, I don't see why not plus Orlando has about 50% more visitors a year although Vegas probably has a more adult visitor.
Back to the Future edition of Cirque du Soleil, please.

I have to imagine with Cirque leaving Disney Springs in it's current state, a new contract is formed to be more in-line with what is currently being done for Las Vegas.

I think Disney will have Toruk for next year, but that doesn't automatically meant that Universal couldn't get a custom Cirque show, different enough to make it's mark.

Back to the Future edition of Cirque du Soleil, please.

I would rather want something completely original than an IP Cirque show.

I have to imagine with Cirque leaving Disney Springs in it's current state, a new contract is formed to be more in-line with what is currently being done for Las Vegas.

I think Disney will have Toruk for next year, but that doesn't automatically meant that Universal couldn't get a custom Cirque show, different enough to make it's mark.

I would rather want something completely original than an IP Cirque show.

I'e never seen How To Train Your Dragon but I get the impression that could maybe be made into a show if they want to use a current IP?

:whistle:

excited-baby.gif

I just looked up the Vegas Cirque shows. Interestingly enough, all of the Vegas Cirque shows are at MGM resorts. MGM could very well have an exclusive in Vegas. If that's true, that would give precedent for a Disney exclusive in Orlando

I just looked up the Vegas Cirque shows. Interestingly enough, all of the Vegas Cirque shows are at MGM resorts. MGM could very well have an exclusive in Vegas. If that's true, that would give precedent for a Disney exclusive in Orlando

That's a very good spot.

Edit: Looking into it a little bit more. Treasure Island is no longer owne by MGM but the Cirque show debuted before it was sold.

Blue Man has shown an interest in expanding their style of show into something more EDM/expiramental while still keeping the "traditional" show, this gives them more capital to do that.
Sounds like something like you say will happen. Interesting to see the results.

How popular is BMG in UOR? How often do they sell out?

I last went 5 years ago and it was a great show, but I probably will not go again until they update it. Would be good if their acquisition by Cirque will lead to a new, updated show.