Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion | Page 117 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
*sorry for the double post*

In your opinion which of the originals sounds the most promising?
Uhg... that's an unfair question. Everyone has their own preferences on what makes a good house, while I know a bit about each of the originals, I don't know enough specifics to have informed opinions.

First, I tend to favor atmospheric, detailed houses with intense scares (Screamhouse, Orfanage) and tend to not enjoy gory, non-stop adrenaline/conflict houses (Nightingales). That said, I'd rank the originals as I know them:

Voodoo
Scarecrows
Hive
Angels and Demons (this actually is the concept I should be most excited for, but see my preferences above).

All of this is absent seeing the houses, scares, or the performers most of all. They determine if a house works or not.

Uhg... that's an unfair question. Everyone has their own preferences on what makes a good house, while I know a bit about each of the originals, I don't know enough specifics to have informed opinions.

First, I tend to favor atmospheric, detailed houses with intense scares (Screamhouse, Orfanage) and tend to not enjoy gory, non-stop adrenaline/conflict houses (Nightingales). That said, I'd rank the originals as I know them:

Voodoo
Scarecrows
Hive
Angels and Demons (this actually is the concept I should be most excited for, but see my preferences above).

All of this is absent seeing the houses, scares, or the performers most of all. They determine if a house works or not.

Glad to hear there's more Orfanage fans there! Anyways, I'm surprised Bayou of Bloods more atmospheric than gore, and that Angels vs Demons is the most andrenaline induced one; I figured it would've been reversed. Side note but were those the codenames for the mazes? I can see what you mean about them being very clever(also do you know what the Jigsaw one was, that one seems like it could be good)

Reactions: SeventyOne
Glad to hear there's more Orfanage fans there! Anyways, I'm surprised Bayou of Bloods more atmospheric than gore, and that Angels vs Demons is the most andrenaline induced one; I figured it would've been reversed. Side note but were those the codenames for the mazes? I can see what you mean about them being very clever(also do you know what the Jigsaw one was, that one seems like it could be good)
I was being sarcastic in calling the code names clever, but we're close enough to the end game and scareactors have been asking.

AHS - Checkmate
Shining - Gold
Ash vs Evil Dead - ED
Blumhouse - Numb
Saw - Buzz(saw... get it?)
Vampires - Hive
Scarecrows - Brains
Voodoo - Paddle
Angels vs Demons - Crater

I was being sarcastic in calling the code names clever, but we're close enough to the end game and scareactors have been asking.

AHS - Checkmate
Shining - Gold
Ash vs Evil Dead - ED
Blumhouse - Numb
Saw - Buzz(saw... get it?)
Vampires - Hive
Scarecrows - Brains
Voodoo - Paddle
Angels vs Demons - Crater

I knew they were sarcastic, the codenames look like they required a ton of effort and cretivity*psyche*. Any new buzz on Bayou of Blood besides atmosphere, it seems to be less talked about than the other 3(mostly because of how unknown they are)

Overall that sounds like a pretty fun mix. Shining is an awesome IP that I kind of forgot about since it was revealed so early... I'm excited for AHS and Saw too... The originals all sound like they could be fun and unique!

I may be in the minority but I really like the way they've handled the announcements this year. The lack of early announcements has made it seem to creep up faster, hard to believe it's only a month and a half away. Now we have a bunch of announcements to come and it seems more exciting because it's all so much closer.

Is anyone else's soul collectors acting weird? It's saying there's only 73 souls collected today

Attachments

• IMG_9442.PNG
    IMG_9442.PNG
    1.6 MB · Views: 1