Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion

But... why are they so reluctant? Did marketing push Bones more than A&D ever intended?
I don’t know specifics; just the grumblings I’ve heard. I can’t really hazard a guess. All I know is Bones appears to a one of this year’s major points of contention between A&D and Marketing.

I get the impression he was intended to be a true icon, but there’s a disagreement internally and perhaps there was a compromise along the lines of he can be used in an iconic way throughout the event but make it clear he’s not the icon.

Also has anyone noticed if they stopped playing his audio in the park? I noticed it the first weekend similar to the things Chance would say over the music, but haven’t noticed it lately.

I get the impression he was intended to be a true icon, but there’s a disagreement internally and perhaps there was a compromise along the lines of he can be used in an iconic way throughout the event but make it clear he’s not the icon.

Also has anyone noticed if they stopped playing his audio in the park? I noticed it the first weekend similar to the things Chance would say over the music, but haven’t noticed it lately.

They still play it.

I don't understand why A&D is so angry at Bone being an icon, he is one of the coolest characters at HHN.
he's WAY better than Fear or Lady Luck, he's cooler than Eddie (Sorry Eddie fans) Bone looks badass and his presence at the scarezone is really intimidating. he is a really cool character and it makes me wish there was a backstory for him and i wish he was used in the maps as an icon.

In the past I have always stood with A&D but in this case it seems crazy to me to not like Bone as an icon.

I don't understand why A&D is so angry at Bone being an icon, he is one of the coolest characters at HHN.

In the past I have always stood with A&D but in this case it seems crazy to me to not like Bone as an icon.

Long story, but gist is.... A&D had their plans but marketing had other ideas.

Is this Bone?

received_10213153854314084.jpg

And I just like this pic.

received_10213153855034102.jpg

My buddy Michael took them on Sun.

Soooo... it was meant to be an icon by A&D, but marketing was like "nah fam"? :lol:

I mean, it seems odd all around as it seems like A&D had big plans for him and marketing is also using him quite a bit so if they pushed against, that's curious.

Soooo... it was meant to be an icon by A&D, but marketing was like "nah fam"? :lol:

I mean, it seems odd all around as it seems like A&D had big plans for him and marketing is also using him quite a bit so if they pushed against, that's curious.
This wouldn't be the first time this has happened

I like that they are trying to revive the icons though

I wonder why an "icon" was scrapped? Jack/Chance were very successful, so why would marketing push it down?
Hmm, my first thought was it was the other way around. Bone seems to be a significant part of the overall art concept marketing came up with as the theme of the event.

Whatever the case may be he has a great look and it’s a very large missed opportunity to not use him more and embrace his icon status.

Hmm, my first thought was it was the other way around. Bone seems to be a significant part of the overall art concept marketing came up with as the theme of the event.

Whatever the case may be he has a great look and it’s a very large missed opportunity to not use him more and embrace his icon status.

We have a huge conundrum with Marketing wanting to market the IPs and A&D wanting to market an original icon nobody has heard of and make the event feel more cohesive

I can see both parties wanting what they want

The tale will come to be one day, but is not this day. :)

Honestly, if there was ever a year to do an oral history of HHN, this one would be it. The sheer amount of behind-the-scenes/rumored issues is insane, and I’d love to hear the whole story one day.

For 27, we’ve had:
- the Battle of Bones between marketing and A&D
- Whatever was up with marketing this year in general
- loss of The Conjuring while it was under construction
- Whatever happened behind-the-scenes with both Blumhouse and Ash vs. Evil Dead
- Complete last-minute overhaul of the alcohol policy for the event
- Bill & Ted’s farewell tour, which apparently may not have even happened originally
- Hurricane Irma’s impact on the event, including destroying AoV’s stage forcing them to create an entirely new show from scratch
- Other little things, like losing the angel wings in the Fallen

It’s actually shocking how good the event is this year with everything that was going on.

Ok, got my tickets ready for Sunday, so I have to make my usual question. As someone with ophidiophobia, I can barely stand the sight of snakes. Last year in the Tomb of the Ancients, I nearly had a panic attack in the room with hissing while you walk through hanging ropes. Are there any houses that I should be worried about this year? (Feel free to PM or reply with a spoiler tag if you want to keep it a surprise for those who haven't visited yet this year)