Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 68 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just curious how the track will be themed if it's outdoors. Will it lay low and blend into the forest? Will it be easily visible throughout the land or will it only go through some outdoor secluded "forest" areas? The idea of this being a partially outdoor coaster is very intriguing.

If it's more coaster, I think we don't have to worry about car theming too much.

I think I'm hyping up the placemaking of the whole area too much in my head.

I'm just curious how the track will be themed if it's outdoors. Will it lay low and blend into the forest? Will it be easily visible throughout the land or will it only go through some outdoor secluded "forest" areas? The idea of this being a partially outdoor coaster is very intriguing.

My guess without knowing all that much is the outdoor sections will be relatively low though trees/rockwork. I don't think you'll be seeing anything intrusive like Dragons. Maybe a hint or glimpse here and there from the queue/Forbidden Forest area

If we are legit talking about an outdoor coaster, I'd think it would more of a blitz coaster like Maverick with small trains and the ability to stop and start without the need for a lift hill. That way they can keep it low to the ground and use the forest theming more effectively. There might be occasional peeks above the trees, but mostly it should stay low. As for theming, I'd picture a Ford Angila car that is something along the lines of this, but larger in scale and more detailed.

20170413_104906.jpg

I 100% want some outdoor. Not much. Not supports. Disney style, track over rock work just for a moment or two. Universal does lack the Disney sense of motion in the park (constant trains, boats, people movers). I hope we get two show scenes and 3/4ths of the coaster indoor.

I think its visually something Universal surprisingly doest have at all.

Last edited:
I dont understand why some people would want an outdoor part of a forbidden forrest ride. The whole concept of the forbidden forest is being in complete darkness. Why would you want to break the authenticity of that with a 5 second outdoor part with the sun shining. If the coaster was a different theme, sure I can see it, but not for the FF.

My question is why did they leave the ice loop to last? Is it the water?
They built a ramp out to the side of it so maybe they couldn't grab it with the crane but makes me wonder what the plan is.

Thanks Bio for all the visuals

Yes, looks to me like they have added new dirt to create a pathway to it. The surrounding water makes it difficult. Im sure they in time will fill it all in.

I dont understand why some people would want an outdoor part of a forbidden forrest ride. The whole concept of the forbidden forest is being in complete darkness. Why would you want to break the authenticity of that with a 5 second outdoor part with the sun shining. If the coaster was a different theme, sure I can see it, but not for the FF.

Whether you want it or not, you're getting outdoor portions. And it'll be longer than 5 seconds

Since when is the whole concept of the Forbidden Forest being in complete darkness? There were multiple occasions of going to the forest during the day and well, it wasn’t dark.
In fact, the first time we met Gwarp it wasn’t dark. Shadows and under foliage, sure. But dark? Not at all.

Having certain outdoor sections, as long as they have foliage, are certainly authentic.

Status
Not open for further replies.