Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Endless Summer Resort - Surfside and Dockside Inn & Suites

Yea but say a family was looking at hotels to stay at, and they could get a rate at the beautiful, and on property sapphire falls for $180, or this plain and off site one for $99. I'd go for the sapphire falls...

For a lot of guests they stay off property because they cannot afford the extra 90 a night. This targets that demographic.

Honestly the more I look at these renderings the more they remind me of the old pineapple hotel in Lake Buena Vista that got renovated into a Delta hotel. *shivers*
orlando-vista-hotel.jpg

This post made me wonder how much this will end up pillaging guests from Aventura and CB. CB gets booked a lot just because it's the cheapest option. Now that there is a cheaper option thats still a Uni hotel, will this lead to empty rooms at CB? Or will they just all be at capacity and CB will just get booked slower than before?

They have enough flexibility to alter pricing to hit capacity. I think they'll bring pricing to whatever it needs to be to keep occupancy at whatever they want it to be- and still make bank. I wouldn't be surprised to see both Aventura and Cabana Bay increase in price $10-20/nt when these 2,800 come online.

3 Observations:

1) With this many on-site rooms- Volcano Bay is going to be slammed in 2019. That expansion needs to happen asap.

2) Regarding another 3,400 rooms coming online in the next two years between Aventura and this- I'm curious to see what they do with on-site privileges. Will we get all 3 parks now year-round? Will they offer evening hours? I expect a change in some capacity.

3) With this many on-site guests now- 9,000 rooms worth (We were at just 4,200 at the beginning of 2015)- They need to finally make that infrastructure investment for on-site guests. Let's have the ability to have one card to rule them all. "Key to the World" at the very least before the facial recognition stuff comes to fruition. Room charging, tickets, express passes- all on one item, please.

Last edited:
These truly are just hotel rooms with benefits. Early entry and constant transportation combined with the low price will guarantee that these will be popular with families.

And it appears they intentionally made the property pointless to anyone not staying there. There is absolutely no reason to resort hop to one of these hotels.

For a lot of guests they stay off property because they cannot afford the extra 90 a night. This targets that demographic.

^this. If you are staying 5 nights, that's $450+ you save. That pretty much covers your tickets, flight, or your food/merch for the trip.

^this. If you are staying 5 nights, that's $450+ you save. That pretty much covers your tickets, flight, or your food/merch for the trip.
Yea true. I could see that. I just really think the hotels are plain looking. I wish they'd spruce it up a bit.

Bleh!

Stayed at the Yacht and Beach Club and the long quiet carpeted hallways stifled me and made me feel claustrophobic. Bleh! Bleh! Bleh!

At least you can take the stairs and get outside there. At Newport Bay in DLP you have to walk 3 times as far as Y&BC

Fun fact - majority of people care less about a theme and more about affordable pricing compared to amenities offered.

Basically - As long as it looks nice, and is within their budget, they’re happy.

Absolutely this, these hotels hit a demographic that wouldn't usually stay at a Uni resort.

I was thinking this was going to be something else a little more ambitious. I'm not disappointed, but a little surprised. I'm sure these will be very popular.

This is also telling me they are a lot farther along in the planning stage for the south resort than I thought they were. As these are not the hotels that I feel pretty confident are coming.

Saving the themed hotels for closer the parks make a lot of sense.

Are you thinking Cirque and Dreamworks?

And here is the naughty bits pool.
02_Universal-Orlando-Resort-All-New-Hotels.jpg

Looking forward to slipping into "that" pool :thumbsup:

Yep, why spend a fortune on a hotel where your charging less than $100 a night. Cheap and cheerful is a smart move here. Save the big guns for the new resort area.

This post made me wonder how much this will end up pillaging guests from Aventura and CB. CB gets booked a lot just because it's the cheapest option. Now that there is a cheaper option thats still a Uni hotel, will this lead to empty rooms at CB? Or will they just all be at capacity and CB will just get booked slower than before?
Don't forget these hotels will be in the middle of 2 big resorts in the future, they are not finished yet and they will stay there for a while.

Absolutely this, these hotels hit a demographic that wouldn't usually stay at a Uni resort.

Saving the themed hotels for closer the parks make a lot of sense.

Are you thinking Cirque and Dreamworks?

Looking forward to slipping into "that" pool :thumbsup:

Yep, why spend a fortune on a hotel where your charging less than $100 a night. Cheap and cheerful is a smart move here. Save the big guns for the new resort area.
Yeah, the Cirque and DreamWorks resorts. It does make sense to save those as a deluxe and a moderate at the new property.

I jumped to conclusions based on an assumption that they weren't as far along as they are for the south property. So now I think the South Property will get Cirque, DreamWorks, and Golf Channel Resorts.

Yeah, the Cirque and DreamWorks resorts. It does make sense to save those as a deluxe and a moderate at the new property.

I jumped to conclusions based on an assumption that they weren't as far along as they are for the south property. So now I think the South Property will get Cirque, DreamWorks, and Golf Channel Resorts.

I never saw this route either, smart business move though that will literally give them 1000s of new customers.

Don't forget these hotels will be in the middle of 2 big resorts in the future, they are not finished yet and they will stay there for a while.
Yep, super-smart move by Comcast IMHO. Get these two low cost/brand new resorts built and online quick to start pillaging from the nearby hotels hoping they go belly up before the 4th gate opens.

Regarding their themeing and amenities, when I am visiting Orlando I am there mainly for the parks (and waterparks) which means that I usually spend 80% of my time outside the resort. I may take a brief respite, 1/2 day max, on site so for me most of the offerings are of little value as long as I can get to the parks quickly and conveniently. As long as the room is clean and the beds are comfortable, I'm good.

I think what people are losing sight of here, is that different people have different budgets, preferences, and vacation preferences. Universal will soon have inventory for all types of guests.

If I'm going with just my wife in the offseason and parks close early, maybe Sapphire and the like would be more ideal. i.e., we're spending more time at the resort.

If we're bro'ing down and doing late HHN nights, Aventura and Dry n' Tame look like bigly values.

At less than $100, these hotels are very attractive. You know you're getting quality with Universal/Lowes. It's a sure thing which I-Drive, Air BnB, etc cannot guarantee, and you don't have to pay for Uber, etc. This also could just be a place to sleep the night before you move to a nicer resort.

The only thing Universal is missing now is its own version of Magical Express.